Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So who is unsubbing

Amlici
03.25.2013 , 08:06 PM | #21
Thanks for trolling Dalborra and our great community to the ground. GL on all your future trolling endevours lol.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Dafydil
03.25.2013 , 08:10 PM | #22
Hahahahahahaha you think trolling made this merge happen hahahahhahahhahaha

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

It was this thread with everybodies concerns about APAC servers peace though you wont be missed.
Dafydil merc (Midian)
Jazre mando (Don't Panic)

Thebetts
03.25.2013 , 08:11 PM | #23
I honestly considered unsubbing, but, I thought I'd be rational about it, and give Harbinger a shot (that's definitely the server we're merging with, right?).

To my surprise, the constant 180-240ms connection doesn't seem to change my gameplay at all (I've had two spikes up to 500ms in the last 45 minutes, but even THAT wasn't overly bad).

Obviously, I haven't tried out the PvP yet, but I can see myself being happy with more regular pops (I once waited 68 minutes for a Warzone Pop on Dalborra, only to have the game end early because we didn't field two full teams) and if I get slaughtered, obviously I just need to work harder at my PvP skillset.

If it changes the PvE pop-rate as well (Dalborra is freaking ABYSMAL for it's pop-rate, even during Peak Hour, and I'm saying that as a HEALER, with it being almost non-existent during low-population time) then I'll be freaking ecstatic.

All in all, I'll be happy enough with the merge (I would have preferred all three APAC servers get combined into a Super Server, but we can't get what we want all the time) and I won't be un-subbing until I actually get a chance to play on the combined servers.

TL-DR - Anyone who unsubs prematurely is a sook, and you need to sack up, and give the merge a chance.

Amlici
03.25.2013 , 08:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafydil View Post
Hahahahahahaha you think trolling made this merge happen hahahahhahahhahaha

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

It was this thread with everybodies concerns about APAC servers peace though you wont be missed.
lol as if I don't know about that thread I have been posting in it for months trying to help our community...
Dalborra APAC

Dafydil
03.25.2013 , 08:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebetts View Post
I honestly considered unsubbing, but, I thought I'd be rational about it, and give Harbinger a shot (that's definitely the server we're merging with, right?).

To my surprise, the constant 180-240ms connection doesn't seem to change my gameplay at all (I've had two spikes up to 500ms in the last 45 minutes, but even THAT wasn't overly bad).

Obviously, I haven't tried out the PvP yet, but I can see myself being happy with more regular pops (I once waited 68 minutes for a Warzone Pop on Dalborra, only to have the game end early because we didn't field two full teams) and if I get slaughtered, obviously I just need to work harder at my PvP skillset.

If it changes the PvE pop-rate as well (Dalborra is freaking ABYSMAL for it's pop-rate, even during Peak Hour, and I'm saying that as a HEALER, with it being almost non-existent during low-population time) then I'll be freaking ecstatic.

All in all, I'll be happy enough with the merge (I would have preferred all three APAC servers get combined into a Super Server, but we can't get what we want all the time) and I won't be un-subbing until I actually get a chance to play on the combined servers.

TLR - Anyone who unsubs prematurely is a sook, and you need to sack up, and give the merge a chance.
Exactly there needs to be more people like you sir. THIS IS A GOOD THING.
Dafydil merc (Midian)

Vindrik
03.25.2013 , 08:16 PM | #26
A lot of us have played on US servers before mate. For basic stuff the ping won't be a problem. It becomes an issue when you're trying to seriously PvP or PvE though. The extra ping will royally screw you over whenever you're trying to avoid red circles / move for specific fight mechanics in PvE, and GL trying to stun or knock people back effectively in PvP.

I've done it before, and while I could deal with the ping on Harbinger, when I transferred over to Dalborra it was sexy as hell and I loved it. I still do. I don't want to have to give up trying to be competitive in this game just because I'm forced to have crappy ping.

Also Carth, seriously shut up dude. You might think it's a good thing, but for lots of perfectly valid reasons it's not. People are entitled to their opinions and you shouldn't force yours on them just like you hate them forcing theirs on you.

Dafydil
03.25.2013 , 08:19 PM | #27
This is good thing loool just quit like the rest if u don't like it you wont be missed there will be 4934039 others to play with.
Dafydil merc (Midian)

Thebetts
03.25.2013 , 08:23 PM | #28
I've run PvE/PvP on Dalborra with a 600ms connection before, and I managed to heal a few Hard Modes with my latency as such (room-mate was having, what I can only describe as a 4 hour whack-a-thon). So I'm not exactly talking out of my rear when I mention the latency (which, as I stated before, it sits pretty stable at 180-240ms, so it's not like it's ridiculous or anything).

All I'm saying is, people need to give it a proper chance before getting all twisted up in the crotch area over a little bit of lag.

Amlici
03.25.2013 , 08:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebetts View Post
All I'm saying is, people need to give it a proper chance before getting all twisted up in the crotch area over a little bit of lag.
It's not only that man it's the community. I really liked the Dalborra community. Now they are lumping us into the West Coast US servers. Even if I wasn't unsubbing theres no way I would want to play in that abortion of a community.
Dalborra APAC

Thebetts
03.25.2013 , 08:46 PM | #30
I've found people to be nothing but helpful and friendly so far, but, upon saying that, I haven't made it to the Fleet yet, so I'll reserve my judgement of the community until I see the larger scale of Player Interactions. It won't make much of a difference to me, as I tend to ignore General Chat most of the time (unless I'm in a FP or particularly gruelling PvP match).