Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oceanic server announcement - Have your say Dalborra

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Oceanic server announcement - Have your say Dalborra

MrRuck
03.25.2013 , 11:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by XEEVA View Post
Merge APAC servers to US servers of the same type - 0%
Good to know they're listening!
Lycaon
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
www.twitch.tv/beertruck

Aztang
03.26.2013 , 01:46 AM | #12
-Merge APAC Servers into one, give free transfers to those who wear capes
or
-unsubbing

plain and simple
Darth Plaguess The Mada Legacy
<Epidemic> The Harbinger

TERRA-AUSTRALIS
03.26.2013 , 05:28 AM | #13
Why have they not designed a cross server game-play style that WoW provides.....REALITY..... because they are not willing to spend the money to invest in this, as our concerns as APAC subscribers mean nothing to them. WE ARE A MINORITY.

(WoW did this and surprise, surprise...... the game began to succeed with faster queue times, a higher population growth of happier gamers and eventually a dedicated Australian server was also formed. You think for a game that had millions spent on it, and for it to compete with the biggest MMO, Bioware and EA would have had this covered to help population issues among servers.... )

I came from Harbinger like many of us Aussies did. I am getting 75-129mms on Dalborra atm and I dread to think what it will be on Harbinger upon transfer. Won't lag times increase even more when they shift everyone over there? Do people forget when you had to line in a queue of 200ppl for 30mins on a weekend to simply log in????

Looks like my assassin will now be turning into a rogue.....can't believe I never rolled one before when I played.

Check it b4 they wreck it...

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

'It's like paying money for a freshly cooked steak. Then a year and a bit later they start serving you 3 day old 'lag steak' for the same price.'

TheRealFluffy
03.26.2013 , 06:31 AM | #14
While the low ping for APAC servers is very nice, being shifted to USA servers with pings around 200-300ms will only result in the same lag we (in AU) get from all the other games.

Amithalia
03.26.2013 , 07:30 AM | #15
Hmm...
Darth Rkka
Empress of the Guardians Of Nihilus
Instruments Of Destruction Alliance

facebook.com/icetiara20

deejordan
03.26.2013 , 12:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TERRA-AUSTRALIS View Post
Why have they not designed a cross server game-play style that WoW provides.....REALITY..... because they are not willing to spend the money to invest in this, as our concerns as APAC subscribers mean nothing to them. WE ARE A MINORITY.

(WoW did this and surprise, surprise...... the game began to succeed with faster queue times, a higher population growth of happier gamers and eventually a dedicated Australian server was also formed. You think for a game that had millions spent on it, and for it to compete with the biggest MMO, Bioware and EA would have had this covered to help population issues among servers.... )

I came from Harbinger like many of us Aussies did. I am getting 75-129mms on Dalborra atm and I dread to think what it will be on Harbinger upon transfer. Won't lag times increase even more when they shift everyone over there? Do people forget when you had to line in a queue of 200ppl for 30mins on a weekend to simply log in????

Looks like my assassin will now be turning into a rogue.....can't believe I never rolled one before when I played.

Check it b4 they wreck it...

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

'It's like paying money for a freshly cooked steak. Then a year and a bit later they start serving you 3 day old 'lag steak' for the same price.'
EA Nominated for the 2013 Worst Company in America Awardhttp://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/03/...-america-award

deejordan
03.26.2013 , 01:01 PM | #17
I just rolled on 5 mins ago on that server I got 637ms - 700ms

Vaprax
03.26.2013 , 01:36 PM | #18
Latency difference for me. aspac server between 20 - 35 ms. Harbinger between 200 - 300 ms. Even just jumping on and off my speeder, I notice the difference...in pvp...its gunna suck.

glennha
03.28.2013 , 06:21 AM | #19
If this stupid proposal goes ahead I will be cancelling my subscription and closing my account on the day Dalborra closes. I will also never pay another cent to Bioware or EA for any of their products again. If they think they can crap on us and still get any form of loyalty from us again, they are sadly mistaken. I'll go back to WoW til Elder Scrolls is ready.

Sibastia
05.02.2013 , 05:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by glennha View Post
If this stupid proposal goes ahead I will be cancelling my subscription and closing my account on the day Dalborra closes. I will also never pay another cent to Bioware or EA for any of their products again. If they think they can crap on us and still get any form of loyalty from us again, they are sadly mistaken. I'll go back to WoW til Elder Scrolls is ready.
I love this. Ill cancel my subscription and go running back to WoW. And what?

Play on a oceanic server with a ping of 200-300................... they might call it oceanic but the servers arn't in Australia.I have been playing on The Harbringa since the announcement and the ping isn't that bad. No worse then what I was getting on WoW, or Rift or Starcraft or Diablo

Just man up and deal with the fact that Bioware is shutting down the Aussie server and not because of population issues or any other nonsense reason. The reason they are shutting it down is because of COST!!!! Plain and simple. WoW in TBC considered opening Oceanic servers but Telstra wanted a stupid amount in hosting fees to do the deal. So unless EVERY player on the oceanic servers are willing to being Subs again Bioware (EA) are not going to foot the bill and run the game at a lose in Australia because we want to play the game for free and have a low ping.