Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Times - no longer showing timezones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch Times - no longer showing timezones
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
03.26.2013 , 05:34 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Turshek View Post
except they use BST in the summer, which is not GMT.
Curiously I found that CEST is CET and the two terms can be interchangeable during the summer, so BST is still then +1 on Europe.

Leading raids with continental members did a bit confusing when the times changed, but we got the timezones sort-of sorted.

GMT is the zero by which all other clocks are measured, but CET or UTC would make more sense if Bioware is doing away with time zones.

AlexDougherty
03.26.2013 , 05:36 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by SoleMac View Post
Why dont you use CET (Central European Time) instead of GMT which is used by only one country ?

CET countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Vatican City, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Serbia-Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland

GMT: UK
Actually that's incorrect, we British only use GMT in the Autumn and Winter, During Spring and Summer we use BST British Summer Time. Also a number of countries use GMT, mainly in Africa but they are countries.

Also my condolences for anyone who finds converting from GMT hard, it's made more confusing by the fact that Britian only uses it for six months and if you happen to know the time in Britian then your probably using the wrong time.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Longarms-IV
03.26.2013 , 06:39 AM | #43
How BW can give the answer they did is beyond me. If they think they might mess up the conversions, though they can script them, how they think actual people will fair consistently better is beyond me.
Si tu voulais gangner, pourquoi joues-tu avec moi?

ElvisLegShaker
03.26.2013 , 06:49 AM | #44
This reminds me of something else ...

"Inc East! no wait.. snow.. it can't be grass! Er... get to the crash site!! Aw the heck with it, look for my toon icon on the mini map!!"

=)
Just a FYI -- I will more than likely not respond back to the message this is attached to. Because, quite frankly, I said what I had to say and I really don't care beyond that. Have a nice day .. =)

Tatile
03.26.2013 , 06:55 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by ElvisLegShaker View Post
This reminds me of something else ...

"Inc East! no wait.. snow.. it can't be grass! Er... get to the crash site!! Aw the heck with it, look for my toon icon on the mini map!!"

=)
I tried to use the clock positions when cardinal directions didn't work out.

Now I just say "over here", which, for some reason, actually works.

RedShirtRob
03.26.2013 , 07:06 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Couldn't you change it to only display the timezone set in the account's settings when logged in (at least on the launcher), and if not logged in it would display the GMT/PDT?
^^^ This! SWTOR's database doesn't support Timestamps with Local Timezones?

SoleMac
03.26.2013 , 07:22 AM | #47
I think they should introduce SHT = Standard Hutt Time

Shamar_Goiim
03.26.2013 , 07:25 AM | #48
I like the new and simpler format for the maintenance information. But why switch from Central to Pacific for the US times?
░░▒▒▓▓ OLD REPUBLIC DADS ▓▓▒▒░░

IngeDanielsen
03.26.2013 , 07:28 AM | #49

Jinsali
04.16.2013 , 04:03 AM | #50
Sooo posting GMT and doing conversions really work. Like today/ Logged on after getting home from work (4PM AEST) and notice the maintenance time showing it's due at 12PM GMT. This equates to 22:00 AEST.

Well, servers go down 2 hours early. I mean really, they expect us to get outage times correct when they can't even do it themselves.

And yes it,s annoying cause my wife and I were trying to get our dailies done, and we had it worked we could get them done on most of our 50;s/