Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Market Update: March 26th, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Market Update: March 26th, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

idnewton
03.26.2013 , 08:42 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
Like the look of the armour for my bh.
Unless you already have, I wouldn't. I believe bounty hunters already get a set identical to this. If not, it's very similar (the PvP level 20/40 armor). If you still want the armor, well... I guess that armor is just your thing then
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Adric_the_Red
03.27.2013 , 12:48 PM | #32
I'd like to know when they're actually going to add some new items to the CE vendor. We were promised the vendor would have new items on a regular basis, and yet nothing has changed in the more than 15 months since launch.

Of course, now that they've introduced a cash store, BW's probably thinking, "Why put new stuff on an in-game vendor, that people can buy for free (with credits), when we can put stuff on the Cartel Market, and make people pay real money for it." Never mind that people already paid real money for the CE, with the expectation that the real money they paid up front was buying them future exclusive items...

idnewton
03.27.2013 , 01:21 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
I'd like to know when they're actually going to add some new items to the CE vendor. We were promised the vendor would have new items on a regular basis, and yet nothing has changed in the more than 15 months since launch.

Of course, now that they've introduced a cash store, BW's probably thinking, "Why put new stuff on an in-game vendor, that people can buy for free (with credits), when we can put stuff on the Cartel Market, and make people pay real money for it." Never mind that people already paid real money for the CE, with the expectation that the real money they paid up front was buying them future exclusive items...
Wow cool because I was expecting 1.7.3 to turn the game into a first person shooter. They ruined my expectatons, wah wah wah.

I believe 'baseless' was the adjective you forgot to add there. When I pre-ordered the game I did not expect the vendor to be updated... how is the CE vendor any different? You paid for what they told you what you were going to get, not for what you hoped you would get. It's like pre-ordering the expansion before the deadline and saying how stupid it is that we don't all get rainbow lightsabers. "But I expected it!" That's cool. Doesn't make a difference, but it's cool.
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Cmder-Shepard
03.28.2013 , 04:54 PM | #34
It's nice to see some armour for Bounty Hunter look but terrible it's already armour in the game and it's a very horrid looking set -.-
"I'm just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe"
Formly Skieth - Joined: Dec 2008

idnewton
03.28.2013 , 09:37 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Cmder-Shepard View Post
It's nice to see some armour for Bounty Hunter look but terrible it's already armour in the game and it's a very horrid looking set -.-
Doesn't matter. People requested, and they delivered. It's a step in the right direction, no matter how bad it looks (and it does look pretty bad...)

manchusabre
03.28.2013 , 10:01 PM | #36
Kind of disappointing. The BH armor people have been asking for for a while now ends up being a cartel market item. Is this the way gear people have been asking for months for is going to be put in game? I know I had been looking for recovered hero gear since knight progression vid, and it is finally in game almost 2 years after vid came out. I know it seems like all the jedi gear with hoods down has only been added to cartel market.

Pscyon
03.28.2013 , 11:08 PM | #37
The Bounty Hunter character creation armour being added to the cartel market is no different from when they did it with the Sith Warrior one. Or the Imperial Agent. Or the Jedi Consular. Or the Smuggler. Or the... you see the pattern. Of course if you have a beef with those sets as well, then carry on.
Sith Sorcerer

idnewton
03.29.2013 , 01:12 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by manchusabre View Post
Kind of disappointing. The BH armor people have been asking for for a while now ends up being a cartel market item. Is this the way gear people have been asking for months for is going to be put in game? I know I had been looking for recovered hero gear since knight progression vid, and it is finally in game almost 2 years after vid came out. I know it seems like all the jedi gear with hoods down has only been added to cartel market.
No, that's not how it works.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
The Bounty Hunter character creation armour being added to the cartel market is no different from when they did it with the Sith Warrior one. Or the Imperial Agent. Or the Jedi Consular. Or the Smuggler. Or the... you see the pattern. Of course if you have a beef with those sets as well, then carry on.
That's how it works.

YoshiRaphElan
03.29.2013 , 11:16 AM | #39
When did they stop doing two at once? When they added the Consular/Inquisitor sets they added three, because they included a Sand People set no one wanted! Why did they only add the BH, not the Trooper? The sooner we get done with the creation screen armor, the sooner we can get new armor in the CM, or armor that was in game but removed.

Pscyon
03.29.2013 , 12:07 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
When did they stop doing two at once? When they added the Consular/Inquisitor sets they added three, because they included a Sand People set no one wanted! Why did they only add the BH, not the Trooper? The sooner we get done with the creation screen armor, the sooner we can get new armor in the CM, or armor that was in game but removed.
It's a good way down on the dev tracker now so I can't be bothered digging it up, but Eric said the trooper armour won't be on the cartel market until sometime after RotHC launch. It didn't sound like it was far off though. I also wonder why they haven't just gotten it over with and would also like something new... though maybe they haven't actually bothered starting on something new outside of the pack armour, that might explain why they're trickling in the character creation sets.
Sith Sorcerer