Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

acerx's Avatar


acerx
03.26.2013 , 05:00 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
and when i realized that mistake, i apologized and said my bad. your point is?

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
03.26.2013 , 05:45 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by acerx View Post
and when i realized that mistake, i apologized and said my bad. your point is?
Quote: Originally Posted by acerx View Post
You are talking past tense, as in BEFORE THESE CHANGES!! You have no clue what so ever how these changes actually effect us.
Did you not think of that fact yourself, or are you truly just trying to argue with anyone that will respond to you?
I would much rather believe that you haven't tested anything for 2.0, including healing considering your lack of knowledge in the HO department, then to think you are just jabbin for the sake of jabbin.
And as to the merc pyrotech tree, go play it before making assumptions. That is what started this mess in the first place.
You told me how stupid it was to do that, then you went ahead and did the exact same thing. It was hillarious, that's my point.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000



🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.26.2013 , 10:22 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post

I stand by my original idea:
how exactly would more energy regen increase Merc Healer performance? you could reduce the heat cost of all Merc heals to 0, and the spec would still be the 3rd best in PvP. in PvE it would probably help a bit, but Merc heals is not as handicapped in PvE as it is in PvP.

the biggest issues with Merc heals in PvP is the same problem that Arsenal has: vulnerability to interrupts and lack of mobility. a single competent DPSer can pretty much shutdown a Merc Healer. having more heat is not going to make you heal on the move or under pressure better.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
03.27.2013 , 12:04 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
how exactly would more energy regen increase Merc Healer performance? you could reduce the heat cost of all Merc heals to 0, and the spec would still be the 3rd best in PvP. in PvE it would probably help a bit, but Merc heals is not as handicapped in PvE as it is in PvP.

the biggest issues with Merc heals in PvP is the same problem that Arsenal has: vulnerability to interrupts and lack of mobility. a single competent DPSer can pretty much shutdown a Merc Healer. having more heat is not going to make you heal on the move or under pressure better.
Uh... such has not been my experience in PVP. Granted I haven't done rateds, but I refuse to believe there isn't a *single* competent DPS that's tried focusing me down in regular matches when I've clearly been marked.

I can hold off one or two DPS. More if my shield is off cooldown. Not indefinitely, but long enough to get help, and certainly without getting completely shut down.

I'm not saying there's not work to be done - we're behind other healers in PVP. But being shut down by a single DPS? Hasn't happened to me.

APeckenpaugh's Avatar


APeckenpaugh
03.27.2013 , 09:26 AM | #125 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Before misinformation abounds, no further changes beyond what I already posted are slated to go in for Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.0. More specifically, Cell Charger and Terminal Velocity are fully intact.

I also want to dispel any theories that finalizing 2.0 means that we're "done" with class changes. Quite the opposite. The deadline for 2.0 is a big deal, determined by forces far, far beyond my control. The class changes that are going in for 2.0 are the best that we could manage in the window of time given to us. It by no means demonstrates us being "done" with class changes.

Classes are the kind of thing that can be iterated on forever, so at some point we can't hold off a major update (let alone a digital expansion) because there's more stuff we want to do for classes. It only stands to reason that those plans will carry on to the next update.

We're also discussing the viability of introducing class changes without relying on major updates (like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc). There are a lot of factors at play and this is still an internal discussion, so no guarantees, but know that we'd love to be able to get class changes to you guys as quickly as we're making them.
Austin Peckenpaugh
Class Designer

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
03.27.2013 , 10:06 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Before misinformation abounds, no further changes beyond what I already posted are slated to go in for Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.0. More specifically, Cell Charger and Terminal Velocity are fully intact.

I also want to dispel any theories that finalizing 2.0 means that we're "done" with class changes. Quite the opposite. The deadline for 2.0 is a big deal, determined by forces far, far beyond my control. The class changes that are going in for 2.0 are the best that we could manage in the window of time given to us. It by no means demonstrates us being "done" with class changes.

Classes are the kind of thing that can be iterated on forever, so at some point we can't hold off a major update (let alone a digital expansion) because there's more stuff we want to do for classes. It only stands to reason that those plans will carry on to the next update.

We're also discussing the viability of introducing class changes without relying on major updates (like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc). There are a lot of factors at play and this is still an internal discussion, so no guarantees, but know that we'd love to be able to get class changes to you guys as quickly as we're making them.
So there are no changes to Mercenary/Commando healing trees, then?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000



🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

dmanlong's Avatar


dmanlong
03.27.2013 , 10:11 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
no further changes beyond what I already posted are slated to go in for Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.0.
Read what he wrote again. There will be no healing changes when 2.0 launches beyond what is on the PTS.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
03.27.2013 , 10:13 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
The class changes that are going in for 2.0 are the best that we could manage in the window of time given to us. It by no means demonstrates us being "done" with class changes.
One year is not enough for you to fix mercs in pvp? Okay...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
03.27.2013 , 10:14 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Before misinformation abounds, no further changes beyond what I already posted are slated to go in for Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.0. More specifically, Cell Charger and Terminal Velocity are fully intact.

I also want to dispel any theories that finalizing 2.0 means that we're "done" with class changes. Quite the opposite. The deadline for 2.0 is a big deal, determined by forces far, far beyond my control. The class changes that are going in for 2.0 are the best that we could manage in the window of time given to us. It by no means demonstrates us being "done" with class changes.

Classes are the kind of thing that can be iterated on forever, so at some point we can't hold off a major update (let alone a digital expansion) because there's more stuff we want to do for classes. It only stands to reason that those plans will carry on to the next update.

We're also discussing the viability of introducing class changes without relying on major updates (like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc). There are a lot of factors at play and this is still an internal discussion, so no guarantees, but know that we'd love to be able to get class changes to you guys as quickly as we're making them.
You sure know how to anger the PvP community..I mean is it really so hard ? mandos are just chopping blocks.
give commandos a group buff like sentnel have, like give 15% shield for the duration of your own shield.
Well thank you for ignoring all valid feedback these two AC have been dead for 1 year and now
they are really dead. You know just as well as we that not 1 ranked team that play competetive have
ever or will evertake these AC in ranked
.And now you kill them off completely.Again TY for ignoring all
the good feedback, like you have done since last winter pre 1.2.

So if you want to play ranked (i'm sry never ending pre season ranked)people and be apart of the team
roll
smash/focus
sniper/gunnslinger
pyro powertech/assault vanguard
operative healer/scoundrel healer
assassin/shadow

Rest is semi viable with mando/merc still garbage .

dmanlong's Avatar


dmanlong
03.27.2013 , 10:19 AM | #130
At this point, unless you are a huge fan of Body Guard/Combat Medic and just want to play this AC, there is no reason to be a healer and play anything other than Sage/Sorc or Op/Sawbones in PvP.

Commados/Mercs bring nothing to the table that the other two healing ACs cannot do significantly better in PvP. This issue has existed since 1.2, so I really have doubts about this being fixed anytime in the near future.

When life gives you lemons, sometimes you just have to eat lemons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIlAExvneo