Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
03.26.2013 , 02:54 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by acerx View Post
but added with our cylinder not giving passive heat diss ( which it DID before thru terminal velocity talent) it makes the heat management an issue again
So wait, Terminal Velocity and Cell Charger no longer vent heat? Have they been removed completely? Replaced with something else?

That would be an *epic* nerf to gunnery/arsenal, even in PvP. Can someone confirm?
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

idnewton
03.26.2013 , 03:15 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
So wait, Terminal Velocity and Cell Charger no longer vent heat? Have they been removed completely? Replaced with something else?

That would be an *epic* nerf to gunnery/arsenal, even in PvP. Can someone confirm?
*facepalms* tell me they did not do this....
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
4/5 NiM DF 8M PVP BEST IN SLOT 5/5 NiM DF 16M

ArchangelLBC
03.26.2013 , 03:18 PM | #113

I'm staying skeptical honestly. This seems like a claim with no basis in reality. It would be the most ridiculous change they've ever done to us.

Which ok, fair enough, is an argument in FAVOR of it being true, but still.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

JimmyTheCannon
03.26.2013 , 03:20 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
*facepalms* tell me they did not do this....
No confirmation yet, there's only one person posting this and so far we haven't seen a screenshot or anything to prove it.

I agree the Merc class on the whole needs some love. I play both Arsenal and Bodyguard, and while this change should help Arsenal some, it's still not enough.

As far as Bodyguard - I love my Bodyguard Merc. I've healed up to TFB HM on live with him. The new Kolto Pods on the PTS are great, as is the talent that makes Kolto Shell better (although having to spec into that useless "trigger your own Kolto Shell" skill is annoying and stupid), but from what I've seen Sorcs got a massive boost on the PTS and can outheal us greatly now.

Jherad
03.26.2013 , 03:34 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I'm staying skeptical honestly. This seems like a claim with no basis in reality. It would be the most ridiculous change they've ever done to us.

Which ok, fair enough, is an argument in FAVOR of it being true, but still.
Heheh yeah, as much as it'd be par for the course, the ramifications would be huge. Always best to get a second pair of eyes confirming something, as mistakes are easily made.

Could also just be a bug, which is why I'd like to know whether cell charger was actually removed/replaced, or is just not working.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

idnewton
03.26.2013 , 03:35 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
As far as Bodyguard - I love my Bodyguard Merc. I've healed up to TFB HM on live with him. The new Kolto Pods on the PTS are great, as is the talent that makes Kolto Shell better (although having to spec into that useless "trigger your own Kolto Shell" skill is annoying and stupid), but from what I've seen Sorcs got a massive boost on the PTS and can outheal us greatly now.
The AoE heal isn't too bad it's just a little weak. Kinda nice how it's bugged in our favor though (says it only heals 4 peeps, but it actually has an unlimited amount, from what I can tell). Yeah its annoying you have to spec into that stupid other skill... While it's not direct proof, the fact is that I've had a mercenary healer for some time, and when I tried all three imperial healing classes on the PTS, I picked sorc and operative up in seconds, and can heal nearly twice as well on them as with merc.

I stand by my original idea:
Just add a simple skill like operatives have, like "Rapid Shots critical hits vent (1/2) heat while Combat Support Cylinder is active." A two point skill, a simple fix, a dramatic effect.

JimmyTheCannon
03.26.2013 , 03:38 PM | #117
The AoE heal isn't too bad it's just a little weak. Kinda nice how it's bugged in our favor though (says it only heals 4 peeps, but it actually has an unlimited amount, from what I can tell). Yeah its annoying you have to spec into that stupid other skill... While it's not direct proof, the fact is that I've had a mercenary healer for some time, and when I tried all three imperial healing classes on the PTS, I picked sorc and operative up in seconds, and can heal nearly twice as well on them as with merc.

I stand by my original idea:
I'm not sure that's a bug, I think that's intentional (like how the heal from our knockback and the Sorc's Overload has no effective upper limit).

As for your idea, it's a good one and I like it, although I rarely have heat issues that I can't handle on my Healing Merc. Not for long, anyways. I can cover a Sorc when he needs to use Consumption, and he can cover me when my heat needs time to go down.

idnewton
03.26.2013 , 03:40 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
I'm not sure that's a bug, I think that's intentional (like how the heal from our knockback and the Sorc's Overload has no effective upper limit).

As for your idea, it's a good one and I like it, although I rarely have heat issues that I can't handle on my Healing Merc. Not for long, anyways. I can cover a Sorc when he needs to use Consumption, and he can cover me when my heat needs time to go down.
The only reason I would call it a bug is because the tooltip says the max is 4... and it's not

ArchangelLBC
03.26.2013 , 04:06 PM | #119
Heheh yeah, as much as it'd be par for the course, the ramifications would be huge. Always best to get a second pair of eyes confirming something, as mistakes are easily made.

Could also just be a bug, which is why I'd like to know whether cell charger was actually removed/replaced, or is just not working.
No finding out now till April 9th!
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

GeckoOBac
03.26.2013 , 04:44 PM | #120
The only reason I would call it a bug is because the tooltip says the max is 4... and it's not
IIRC, the mini puddle talent doesn't say specifically it's limited to 4 targets though (AFAIK it's internally capped at 20). And the first hit (unless they've changed it) is STILL limited to 4 targets.

So, while it could be done more clearly, I'm fairly sure it's WAI

Also, I'm very much sure that the cell generator thing is just somebody misreading something. Not even bioware would break us that bad, and even if that was the case, a fix would be coming fast.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger