Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

Forgon
03.28.2013 , 12:16 PM | #61
Signed.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

AhsokaTanorules
03.28.2013 , 02:50 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Joluka View Post
If there are no class specific stories in the future I'm going back to WoW. This game was so much better than anything just because of the class stories. Without them, though, I'm done with this game and I'll just have to hope for the best with the new trilogy and wait and see if SWTOR comes back.

This is the same for many other people, sadly. If you truly do this, the game will go down the drain with you earning less money in the end :/

May the Force be with you and may you make wise decisions.... Please???
/signed and I might consider this too.

shudon
03.28.2013 , 02:58 PM | #63
Totally unrealistic to keep all of these classes running independently and expect any type of timely turn-around. I think it would be nice to see some middle ground where we have one large arcing story but it sometimes branches in different manners for each class. I don't just mean the language, which is what I suspect we'll see with this upcoming expansion, but also some different goals or consequences.

Chiron_Prime
03.28.2013 , 02:59 PM | #64
After starting this thread, I'm glad to see that 99% of the replies tend to agree that this really should be reconsidered by the devs.

Regarding the idea that it takes more time to develop these stories, I won't argue with that, but given the size of Makeb (supposedly slightly larger than Tatooine), I'd rather see the continuation of class stories and smaller planets in expansions (these also require a lot of work anyway... might as well put in the effort and add more class stories) than huge planet quests that will be boring after the first run on each faction.

Hope the devs take this seriously though... I just have a feeling if they continue down this path, they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

SerPounceaLot
03.28.2013 , 03:18 PM | #65
Signed

Sorry to say, as much as I'm loving my subcription and my (so far) 5 characters right now, this announcement means I know the date I'm cancelling...

...the day after my 8th & final class story ends.

"There is no Endgame, there is Class Story"

blindxsecrets
03.28.2013 , 03:21 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by shudon View Post
Totally unrealistic to keep all of these classes running independently and expect any type of timely turn-around. I think it would be nice to see some middle ground where we have one large arcing story but it sometimes branches in different manners for each class. I don't just mean the language, which is what I suspect we'll see with this upcoming expansion, but also some different goals or consequences.
Signed. I also really like this idea and hope this is how it's implemented. But I really hope for class stories to be continued, or at the very least...companion conversations?
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

NeriaSurik
03.28.2013 , 03:30 PM | #67
Signed.

Wreckcenter
03.28.2013 , 03:40 PM | #68
I had two ideas in regards to class stories. One is to introduce a Hard Mode option when creating a character. This would make all the enemies more difficult, worth less XP than usual for their level, and in general, play out the story over a much longer period of time.

Incidentally, I was at the developer Q&A, and a question was asked about disabling XP so people can do PvP without XP so they don't level outside of their story line. Unfortunately, it's on their Crazy Wall List of Things To Do™, which means not any time soon. I think it'd also be an excellent option for RP players so they can go on adventures without leveling outside their story line.

My second idea is to hold a contest to immortalize your favorite character in Book form for the Extended Universe. The game already largely follows events from the Old Republic era books, and this one would be a parallel story just like the game, except it follows the unsung hero that helped change the galaxy (either for good or bad). Write up a short story about your character's past before the start of SWTOR, characteristics, mannerisms, personal conflicts, family, etc.

The author would have some creative license, of course. Darth Loves-To-Knit probably wouldn't make a good character name outside of the game.

Pplwithnolives
03.28.2013 , 03:48 PM | #69
Signed. If they do what they say in the Q&A, this means that they will basically have Chapter 4 be like Chapter 2. And Chapter 2 just *********** sucked. Plus it'll be the same for every class?! I simply can not do that ****.
Troll Above

DarthBeck
03.28.2013 , 03:54 PM | #70
Signed.