Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

Specialperson
03.27.2013 , 03:39 PM | #51
Class quests are the soul of the game. Signed.

river_of_Gem
03.27.2013 , 06:32 PM | #52
I love class quest, i played this game for the story ( although i did quite lot of end game stuff after ), i would happily pay for another expansion if we have more class quest. But since the old Bioware that we loved is gone i don't think it can happen

Callaron
03.28.2013 , 02:44 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Specialperson View Post
Class quests are the soul of the game. Signed.
/signed

They are what's kept me playing, I enjoy the occasional Ops and FPs, but by far the majority of my playtime has been spent going through the class stories (and by extent the planetary storylines).
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

errant_knight
03.28.2013 , 10:08 AM | #54
Damn it, I've been telling people that they wouldn't do that. That the stories were all ready written and that they wouldn't go back on the plan to add more chapters. I look like a right idiot now, don't I? You can consider me signed, but you should make a real online petition. I'm guessing that I won't be playing a year from now if they aren't planning on releasing more class stories.

SKiZOTT
03.28.2013 , 10:20 AM | #55
/signed

Seems sad that the thing that made TOR special was being a story based MMO - full reason I still play.

Doriath
03.28.2013 , 10:20 AM | #56
This game is nothing without the class stories. Its the same for mass effect, if they removed the RPG aspect of the game nobody would care about it. They need us to care about our characters and their story otherwise there is no other draw to the game.

/Signed

Kestalas
03.28.2013 , 10:28 AM | #57
It's unrealistic for an MMO to keep adding on class quest content, unfortunately. As much as I would LOVE them to, they will not devote a team to keep adding on class content. They could phrase it every which way they want to, but the bottom line is that the EA big-wigs will not give the appropriate people the right resources to expand this section of the game. The whole identity of the "story-driven" MMO has been and gone with the move to F2P. Any moderator or developer is free to come in here and twist it any way they want, but it's over for class-specific, story content. It's really sad because that is what so many people seem to love about this game, myself included. Unless they go the route of Starcraft and release further "expansions" complete with new story lines, we won't see any new ones. I doubt EA will put that much effort into a game they previously thought was a "loss".

It's sad. This game could have been so much more.

DarthGile
03.28.2013 , 10:45 AM | #58
It's the reality of it, folks. The developers prior to launch promised us much post launch. They didn't deliver some of it. Daniel Erickson answered in several interviews that the writing team was still fully staffed and reaching 50 would just be the beginning of your character's story. Future acts were a certainty. (This is paraphrased of course)

There are a few things that changed after he said those things. 1.) The sustained profit tanked and the profit goals to keep a full staff were unreachable. 2.) Layoffs happened. 3.) D. Erickson is no longer with the company, nor are 1/2 the class story writers.

We, as the players, had to have seen this as obvious foreshadowing to the futures of our stories... There's no way it'll happen again. I say let's be happy that we at least get recognition for our class story outcomes on Makeb and that we're still getting VO content. Just like Ilum, the NPC's will address you for what you currently are... a living legend.

errant_knight
03.28.2013 , 11:53 AM | #59
This is going to change my gameplay entirely. No need to put much effort, let alone real money, into getting good looking moddable gear when I won't be taking most characters in to end game. Might as well use the cheapest gear I can get away with. Same goes for companion gear. No need to bother when it's the same story for all. There's certainly no need to gear a character of each class for endgame, which is what I've been working on. What a waste of time that was, huh?

HalcyonHeir
03.28.2013 , 11:56 AM | #60
Signed
Ror-niall Halcyon Guardian
Drexinar Power Tech
Drelliad Sage
Rorthaw Commando

-Jung Ma-