Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

KnightofStJohn
03.26.2013 , 11:07 AM | #41
/Signed

I personally don't care much about Warzones, Flashpoints, and Operations--would love to see even little bits of additional class story.

KakeWaffo
03.26.2013 , 01:49 PM | #42
In my opinion, this should be handled like the latest string of Marvel-based superhero movies. There were individual movies for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. to introduce the characters and their back stories. Then they got together for a big "group saving the world" conflict in the Avengers. Now they are going back to separate movies to progress each character individually a bit based on their latest experiences (dealing with their latest place in life). Eventually there will be another Avenger movie with the group to save the world again.

Alternating back and forth makes sense to me. Going only with the group from now on seems to leave a lot of personal issues unresolved for each of the characters (like what does it mean now to be a Darth for the Inquisitor, or to be the Wrath, or to own the underworld, etc.?).

revansowns
03.26.2013 , 01:57 PM | #43
signed, they are the onlyl reason I play the game
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

Skorz
03.26.2013 , 03:02 PM | #44
/signed

Artanisia
03.26.2013 , 08:10 PM | #45
The individual class stories are the thing that sets SWTOR apart from all the other tripe out there. If they castrate this feature the replayability goes way down. It is a real shame that Bioware choses to erode the thing that drew many players into the game in order to appease the bean-counters.
Welcome to the Dark Side. The cookies were a lie.
SGRA Thread FAQ SGRA Clarifications Thread

TuxedoMazoku
03.26.2013 , 08:28 PM | #46
/signed

A lot of the republic stories especially are rather underwhelming and I was hoping in the future they'd have new chapters added that were maybe better. The generic planet quests that are for everyone are always horribad compared to the individual stories though, and generally a waste of time that I space bar through.

The individual class stories were the magic that separated this game from the box text no one reads in other other mmos.

conscioushours
03.26.2013 , 09:00 PM | #47
/signed

SWTOR is the only game where I consider myself an altoholic and it's purely because of class stories.
Qin'an Ro'ya
The Progenitor

Vanderalz
03.26.2013 , 09:32 PM | #48
/Signed.

SithKoriandr
03.26.2013 , 09:42 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by KakeWaffo View Post
In my opinion, this should be handled like the latest string of Marvel-based superhero movies. There were individual movies for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. to introduce the characters and their back stories. Then they got together for a big "group saving the world" conflict in the Avengers. Now they are going back to separate movies to progress each character individually a bit based on their latest experiences (dealing with their latest place in life). Eventually there will be another Avenger movie with the group to save the world again.

Alternating back and forth makes sense to me. Going only with the group from now on seems to leave a lot of personal issues unresolved for each of the characters (like what does it mean now to be a Darth for the Inquisitor, or to be the Wrath, or to own the underworld, etc.?).
This might be a good idea, however from the sound of the devs, it's "We're sticking with Avengers from now on"
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

RawbertJB
03.27.2013 , 03:02 AM | #50
Signed.