Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

03.25.2013 , 04:24 PM | #11
This is ridiculous.
Lift your voices high, higher than the mountains of their spite
We are the fearless, the ruthless, the hearalds of our time.

03.25.2013 , 04:43 PM | #12
If the choice is between more frequent galactic war story and class story every say 2 years(for example). I agree with the devs decision. As long as class story isnt completely off the table.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

03.25.2013 , 04:48 PM | #13

Yeah I want personal and big stories. Of Course class stories will take longer, more stuff to do, but don't drop them completely. They keep things fresh and interesting.
Have Force lightning will travel

03.25.2013 , 04:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RAZIM View Post
I saw that Q+A also and was disappointed.

While internal/self class story can be something to fall back on it doesn't replace class-specific variation in the game. When WoW killed class stories that was a kick in the teeth as well.

If there needs to be additional 'resources' collected for there to more class-specific story, offer CC-unlocks in the form of story arc chapters. I'd prefer them to be available to everyone but if that's the way we have to get new class story then I'll deal with it.
Personally I can't seen why people are complaining about all the change up, I think they rather have a external villain than a internal conflict.
"All shall Know my name and fear it" Mylokii

03.25.2013 , 05:27 PM | #15

I already figured this was going to happend after they fired Daniel Erickson. They are basically gutting the biggest selling point of this game. Leveling alts past 50 will now be a boring experience, like every other MMO out there. I thought the whole idea in a competative MMO market was to distinguish yourself from your competitors , not just to mimic them.

Bioware should further add on the fundation they have built. The unique class and companion stories add alot to this game. If the class stories are to expensive to make , then tie them to the cartel market , and make the subs have the content for free. ( and in the process giving us another reason to sub)

03.25.2013 , 05:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Thubb View Post
I thought the whole idea in a competative MMO market was to distinguish yourself from your competitors , not just to mimic them.
As much as I love for class personal stories to return, I must disagree here. Even without class stories, there is a lot more** going for story-wise. If we can assume the level of depth of chapter 4 is about equal as the others, SWTOR leveling experience is still very much a story-focused grind. The issue at hand is of course that while I am sure my first character is going to love running around in Makeb, I will find no such satisfaction with my other alts. The reason I can withstand leveling other ACs past the first, is because I combine PvP spam with the class stories.

** Edit: When I mean 'a lot more' I mean compared to other MMO's. Though I admit WoW is getting some more lore as time goes bye, it is also one of the the worst MMO if you like character immersion imo
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer

03.25.2013 , 05:55 PM | #17
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

03.25.2013 , 08:27 PM | #18
If there are no class specific stories in the future I'm going back to WoW. This game was so much better than anything just because of the class stories. Without them, though, I'm done with this game and I'll just have to hope for the best with the new trilogy and wait and see if SWTOR comes back.

This is the same for many other people, sadly. If you truly do this, the game will go down the drain with you earning less money in the end :/

May the Force be with you and may you make wise decisions.... Please???
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

03.25.2013 , 08:45 PM | #19
Signed. While I understand why they want to combine the stories into faction-based only (as explained by someone in another thread, the class stories were basically our character's backstories and now we're moving on to the "main" story, in which our characters collaborate), the class stories are important. What about the

03.25.2013 , 08:56 PM | #20
I would assume it comes down to production costs. People are already complaining that the next expansion was ~9 usd. Would you pay more for a expansion that included more of your story? I would if it was of the same quality as the first 50 levels. But I am just one person.