Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

KamikazeKommando
05.06.2013 , 02:03 PM | #41
First of all, thanks for all the great content here. I've run into a problem when it comes to calculating armor value (sounds stupid right?). Basically, the modifiers for a tank stance that increases armor value and talents that increase it seem to not add up right.

Step 1) I have a piece of armor with 561 armor, I equip it without any other gear or talents that modify armor value, and of course I get 561 on my character sheet.

Step 2) Now I add a talent that increases it by 16%, so 561 * 1.16 = 650.76, and I see 651 on the character sheet.. fair enough.

Step 3) Now the strange thing, I activate my tank stance that adds 60% to armor value on top of the talent, so I'd think it would be 561 * 1.76 = 987.36, but I'm actually seeing 996 on the character sheet.

What's going on in step 3, is there something I'm just missing here or is there some bug that's calculating it wrong in-game?
Kamikaze ~ Vanguard Jedi Covenant ~ <Pixel Perfect>

DarkJediMage
05.07.2013 , 09:31 PM | #42
what are the actual caps?

Bugattiboy
05.09.2013 , 03:11 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkJediMage View Post
Give me the answer so I don't have to work for it. Kthx.
Fixed.

KamikazeKommando
05.09.2013 , 03:27 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by KamikazeKommando View Post
First of all, thanks for all the great content here. I've run into a problem when it comes to calculating armor value (sounds stupid right?). Basically, the modifiers for a tank stance that increases armor value and talents that increase it seem to not add up right.

Step 1) I have a piece of armor with 561 armor, I equip it without any other gear or talents that modify armor value, and of course I get 561 on my character sheet.

Step 2) Now I add a talent that increases it by 16%, so 561 * 1.16 = 650.76, and I see 651 on the character sheet.. fair enough.

Step 3) Now the strange thing, I activate my tank stance that adds 60% to armor value on top of the talent, so I'd think it would be 561 * 1.76 = 987.36, but I'm actually seeing 996 on the character sheet.

What's going on in step 3, is there something I'm just missing here or is there some bug that's calculating it wrong in-game?
Just throwing this out there, it seems like for both the Jedi Knight and Vanguard, the tank stance armor modifier is applying itself as exactly 61.5% instead of the 60% as the tooltip reads. The respective 15%/16% talented armor modifiers are correct though. Thus, if you take a piece of armor and equip it (with the talent and stance), the resulting number is:

JK = Armor*1.765
VG = Armor*1.775

However, for shadows, the modifier seems to work accurately, so for them: Armor*2.15

Unless I'm missing something, seems like a in-game bug with the 60% stance modifier... I guess it's to our favor so I'm not going to complain, but for someone building math from armor to get DR, you might want to know that little tidbit.

dipstik
05.10.2013 , 02:22 PM | #45
interesting. Good to know.

the guardians are working right, but vanguards get extra 1.5% from stance, which i think comes from bioware using some of the guardian stance code in the vanguard stance.

portmone
05.20.2013 , 03:28 AM | #46
Hi.
Can anyone please post a formula or the site, where it can be found, for Force Shield/Static Barrier absorbation amount for lvl 55?
Thanks alot!

KamikazeKommando
05.20.2013 , 07:06 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
interesting. Good to know.

the guardians are working right, but vanguards get extra 1.5% from stance, which i think comes from bioware using some of the guardian stance code in the vanguard stance.
Actually, the tank stance modifier for both Guardians and Vanguards are applying an extra 1.5%, they both report 60% but are resulting in 61.5%... it's the Shadow's 115% modifier from tank stance that is the only one working right and not applying extra. The 15%/16% armor bonus talents that Guardians/Vanguards have apply their modifier correctly too, so it's just a tank stance issue for the classes that have 60% boost from stance.

Alhxor
05.21.2013 , 03:01 AM | #48
What is the formula to determine new cast time if we know the alacrity %? It doesn't seem to be exactly NCT=CT*(1 - alac / 100) because in game having 8.09% alac on my operative's character sheet i receive 1.85 cast of KI (normal cast is 2s): 2 * (1 - 0.0809) = 1.8382 =/= 1.85
Or does alacrity from skill tree apply in different way then alacrity from rating? In this example it is 2% from skill tree + 6.09% from 460 rating.
Al'xor [assassin] | Kyr'amud [powertech] | Krsh [marauder] | Kersin [operative]
<Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy> Jung Ma

FuulishOne
05.21.2013 , 12:42 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Alhxor View Post
What is the formula to determine new cast time if we know the alacrity %? It doesn't seem to be exactly NCT=CT*(1 - alac / 100) because in game having 8.09% alac on my operative's character sheet i receive 1.85 cast of KI (normal cast is 2s): 2 * (1 - 0.0809) = 1.8382 =/= 1.85
Or does alacrity from skill tree apply in different way then alacrity from rating? In this example it is 2% from skill tree + 6.09% from 460 rating.
Should be... 2 * ( 1 / 1 + 0.0809) = 1.8503 ~= 1.85

Plo_Coon
05.29.2013 , 10:34 AM | #50
What exactly is the ToHit process. For example:

Roll Attacker Acc (only). If less than attacker Acc then roll Crit/Def roll.
Crit/Def Roll: Stack target Def on top of attacker crit and cap at 100%. If roll is less than crit only, attack is a crit. if above attacker crit but less than defender Def, then attack is avoided. If roll is greater than crit+def then anormal hit is scored.

?