Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

akabane_k
03.27.2013 , 04:19 PM | #11
the low half value for surge is probably due to the low scalar on it compared to the cap. therefore f'(0) is rather high(due to scalar) but the value of f'(x) drops to below half f'(0) quickly(due to cap). so its more that f'(0) is high than saying that you shouldn't stack that much surge.

GeckoOBac
03.27.2013 , 04:50 PM | #12
If nothing else it should avoid ridiculous crit multipliers from classes that don't really need alacrity once they're capped on accuracy (Focus spec, I'm talking about you).

It is a bit unfortunate though, especially looking forward to the next year or so of itemisation, that alacrity doesn't cover completely the increased energy requirement for classes, especially those with scaled regen. In some cases the resource management is already troublesome at point 0 (IE: lvl 55 HM fp gear). Further increases in alacrity due to the increase in stat pool will only accentuate this problem.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Ragglemuffin
03.28.2013 , 06:20 AM | #13
Nice work ninja. You are indeed smarter than most on these forums. First of all I would like to express my thanks for producing the formulae

Secondly, do you happen to know the basic stat values for each class? Eg, surge is 50% basic etc. I'm trying to design a pre-2.0 pvp gear maker for my guild however information such as basic toon stats at 55 is no where to be found in the vast space of the web. Also thank you for providing the half life values on secondary stats, makes things a lot easier when it comes to min/maxing.

In addition, does anyone know the max stats gained from datacrons? Do we know of there are any addition datacrons in makeb?

Thank you to all who find the time to reply, it is very much appreciated.

GeckoOBac
03.28.2013 , 06:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ragglemuffin View Post
Nice work ninja. You are indeed smarter than most on these forums. First of all I would like to express my thanks for producing the formulae

Secondly, do you happen to know the basic stat values for each class? Eg, surge is 50% basic etc. I'm trying to design a pre-2.0 pvp gear maker for my guild however information such as basic toon stats at 55 is no where to be found in the vast space of the web. Also thank you for providing the half life values on secondary stats, makes things a lot easier when it comes to min/maxing.

In addition, does anyone know the max stats gained from datacrons? Do we know of there are any addition datacrons in makeb?

Thank you to all who find the time to reply, it is very much appreciated.
Base stats (as in, base crit, base surge, etc) remain all the same, though ofc there will be a very slight bump to the base mainstat, end, etc due to the additional 5 levels. Base health at 55 will be 4k, up from 2500 at 50.

And from what Dulfy was writing, there are only 2 new datacrons, one +10 presence and one +10 endurance.

Ragglemuffin
03.28.2013 , 06:40 AM | #15
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know the base stats to hand?

SalBasss
03.28.2013 , 07:33 AM | #16
Having taken a few calculus courses in college I feel pretty "able" when it comes to math, but I have no idea what the "max(Level, 20)" means in these formulas (or I have completely blocked out those memories with booze).

Can you briefly explain that to me? Thanks.
Shadowlands

GalenMourne
03.28.2013 , 08:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
Having taken a few calculus courses in college I feel pretty "able" when it comes to math, but I have no idea what the "max(Level, 20)" means in these formulas (or I have completely blocked out those memories with booze).

Can you briefly explain that to me? Thanks.
For that part you put in your current level or 20, whichever is higher.

So for example, take a level 55 character with 500 defense rating stat would look like this:

30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((500/55)/1.2))
"You know spies, a bunch of *****y little girls!"

GeckoOBac
03.28.2013 , 08:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ragglemuffin View Post
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know the base stats to hand?
Should be 5% crit and 90/100 accuracy. Base crit multiplier is 50%.

Bonus damage starts at 0 ofc.

For the base attributes I'm fairly sure the old formulae are still correct and thus they follow:
Quote:
Primary Stat = 50 + Level * 4 i.e.
Secondary Stat = 20 + Level * 1.6 i.e.
Tertiary Stat = 10 + Level * 0.8
Endurance = 45 + Level * 3.6
So you should be looking at 270 primary, 108 secondary, 55 for off class attributes and 243 endurance and presence.

[Edit: bear in mind that, ofc, even on a naked character you won't have neither 0 bonus damage nor 5% crit, as the base attributes will still add something to those values, albeit in very small amounts. Also remember to take into account the 1% bonuses to some of the stats from companion affection.]

SalBasss
03.28.2013 , 11:07 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GalenMourne View Post
For that part you put in your current level or 20, whichever is higher.

So for example, take a level 55 character with 500 defense rating stat would look like this:

30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((500/55)/1.2))
Thanks.
Shadowlands

mandoforlife
03.29.2013 , 03:46 AM | #20
So, since main stat has almost a non-existent DR, I'm guessing that augmenting main stat will be the best choice?
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion