Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launches April 14

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launches April 14
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rafaman
03.28.2013 , 09:29 PM | #91
All I know is... I'm excited about it. And yes... I will be taking some time off of work for this. Gaming is my hobbie and in particular MMOs and this game. A few days off doing what I love is my definition of a vacation.

Grimhan
03.29.2013 , 10:53 AM | #92
Will there be any new content in this expansion for the players that have not reached level 50 yet?

JamieKirby
03.29.2013 , 12:46 PM | #93
I wish they would point out which npcs are romanceable, so i know which one to brown-nose...so to speak.

chriscruiz
03.29.2013 , 03:06 PM | #94
Would really like to know how purchasing the new pvp gear will work? Should I be stocking up on wz and ranked wz comms or should I be spending them..?

therealGLAD
03.30.2013 , 12:49 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Kynesis View Post
Not that the writers will read this but what the hell...

An average galaxy is estimated to house roughly 400 billion stars.
The StarWars universe is pretty populous, even compared to other sci-fi settings; Even if only say, 0.00001% of those have habitable solar systems, that's 4000 habitable solar systems - some of which will have more than one habitable world, outpost or some kind of presence on or near a planet / planetoid of value.

Even if only 40 of those are hubs of civilisations, the idea that an entire galaxy might be affected in any significant way by a conflict of any kind on a single world - even if it does have dominant control of a single important element, be it adam, spice, adegan crystals, <mcguffin> or coffee is prostrating the game before its audience, begging them to take it cereal.

The 'ruthless mercenaries' we're set to face off against are just a bunch of people with guns and droids?
People've worked really hard for years to establish Mandalorians as a viable opponent for the Republic and Empire to tangle with, though they're too easy-an answer and other antagonists are absolutely needed... this really isn't it though, they're just a bunch of dudes.

I'm of course looking forward to the expansion, but the premise that a bunch of dudes with guns pose a threat to the Republic or Empire in anything but catastrophic collapse just doesn't make sense.

Edit: What I'm actually trying to get at here is that the writers excessive use of hyperbole frames the situation in ridiculous terms.... and that employing 'a bunch of dudes' as antagonists is incredibly weak.
This is star wars, has it ever made sense in that way
Ferose: Level 50 Vanguard

Proud Owner of the Collectors Edition

BruinHslaw
03.30.2013 , 04:49 AM | #96
Not interested, as I only buy hard copy, not digitals. Sadly BW can not be bothered and want my bank details which are not going on a PC ever. So sadly I can not get this . Oh well looks like this has run its limit here, as I have no where left to go on SWTOR.

WizardsDestiny
03.31.2013 , 06:49 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
How big will the download be? Please tell me it won't be 25GB+ in size. I'd guess that with multitudes of people all downloading at once, a large download will effectively take many hours, (possibly days for those with slower internet connections) and negate the early start benefits. Also, if the download is done like updates/fixes, many players may not be able to get in-game for a significant period of time awaiting download completion.
That would be a nightmare indeed.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

physion
04.01.2013 , 06:49 AM | #98
Whoa, slow this thread down! 10 pages!!!! I know it's the thread discussing the release of the new expansion and all, but you have gotta lock this thread before it gets out of hand.

At least the other team, when they were on these videos, seemed generally excited, and were much more 'commentator' friendly. These guys - it's obvious they are reading off of a cue card or something, and their excitement seems forced.

meh.

cjewison
04.01.2013 , 11:32 AM | #99
So beyond excited about the expansion. The only bad thing is I only have one level 50 character (Republic). Hope I can make another 50 by the time the expansion comes out. Preferably an Empire side character

danpen
04.01.2013 , 11:59 AM | #100
I can not wait to level to level 50 that will be fun.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.