Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No romance for Male Consulars?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
No romance for Male Consulars?

Uvirith
03.25.2013 , 08:03 AM | #1
Dear BioWare,

I have a problem with my companions.
First of all, why is my companionship such a sausage-fest? I mean, for the majority of the leveling you're surrounded by dudes.
Second, the only Female available is Nadia Grell, which looks like a 15 year old girl. When romancing her I feel like a pedophile. So thats out of question.
Third, even when SGR will be possible, who in the universe would want to date any of those stunningly boring dudes?

Well, I guess for us consulars its really easy to follow the Jedi-Code
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

stuffystuffs
03.25.2013 , 09:06 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Well, I guess for us consulars its really easy to follow the Jedi-Code
Maybe the writers did it on purpose XD

SladetheHunter
03.30.2013 , 08:18 AM | #3
I plan on romancing Nadia. My only gripe is that she enters the story very late. But I agree with you I guess Consulars get to follow the Jedi Code Look at it this way: Fess makes a GREAT tank for your Consular.
The hunter has found peace and the Force in the shadows

Kaos_KidSWTOR
03.30.2013 , 08:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SladetheHunter View Post
I plan on romancing Nadia. My only gripe is that she enters the story very late. But I agree with you I guess Consulars get to follow the Jedi Code Look at it this way: Fess makes a GREAT tank for your Consular.
Nadia enters the story at Chapter 2 and you get her after belsavis. Thats not too late in the story.

SladetheHunter
03.30.2013 , 10:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Nadia enters the story at Chapter 2 and you get her after belsavis. Thats not too late in the story.
I was under the impression that you get Nadia sometime in the 40s and considering the game caps at 50 (soon 55) I consider that late.
The hunter has found peace and the Force in the shadows

-Wes-
04.01.2013 , 03:13 PM | #6
I was under the impression that you get Nadia sometime in the 40s and considering the game caps at 50 (soon 55) I consider that late.
It is quite late in the game. She isn't an "official" companion (she makes a guest appearance for the Chapter 2 finale) until chapter 3, when you head to Voss.

That aside, the whole concept of "romance" in a game like this is laughable.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

Lium
04.02.2013 , 09:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
She enters the story in Chapter 2 as part of the Rift Alliance. But she doesn't become an actual companion until much later, and she's your final companion. That's very late, especially for a potential romance character. I myself only play female toons (and am not into SGR) so this isn't an issue for me. But I can see how it would be annoying for everyone else who wants to pursue the romance angle with Nadia.

Rai-Jinn
04.02.2013 , 03:58 PM | #8
Fess is a great Tank !

HaoZhao
04.09.2013 , 08:01 PM | #9
It doesn't really matter how late a romance character appears because you can't complete a romance until chapter 3 anyway.

JamieKirby
04.09.2013 , 08:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rai-Jinn View Post
Fess is a great Tank !
all tank companions are good tanks as long as they are getting healed and considering how its a 'be the healer or use the healer' type of thing, fess will be the best tank I guess, if you are healing it, otherwise its just a ****** dps companion.