Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fanboy or QQer? Iíve got a template for that

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Fanboy or QQer? Iíve got a template for that

DonkeyGobbler
03.25.2013 , 05:42 AM | #1
This is the internet and that means everything is black and white. There are no grey areas; something is great or terrible, and that pretty much sums up the feedback given in these forums. I doubt anyone has ever stepped in here before playing the game and then gone on to purchase it. The negativity is astounding. So, to save people some time I written the following feedback template. Simply delete an option in the brackets and away you goÖ

Dear [Bioware/you bunch of money grabbing bandits],

When SWTOR was released I, like everyone else, was looking forward to finally getting my hands on an MMO where I could wield a lightsaber and force choke people! Initial impression were [good/terrible] and [although the game had some bugs/I wanted to burn down Biowareís HQ but] I hoped things would improve. Over time, with the patches, things [got even better/depressed me to the point of unsubbing]. Hereís some feedback:

I rushed to level 50 and [Iím loving the HMs, Ops and PVP/thereís no content!]. On my way I levelled my crafting skills to find that [Iíve been able to work out a lucrative niche on the GTN/everything I can craft is worthless]. Initially, I [enjoyed/hated] the fact that BiS PVE Rakata gear came from the hardest content. When this was [broken/fixed] by allowing everyone access to level 63 mods from GTN it was a step in the [wrong/right] direction. The fact that the majority of playersí characters have BiS gear, despite many never having stepped into a raid, is [absurd/great for allowing those who donít like raiding for access to kit].

Population levels dropped after launch due to [the player base stabilising/the game being bug ridden and lacking features]. The server merges [created vibrant communities again/were badly implemented]. My original server was [okay for numbers/a ghost town]. I [kept/lost] my [unique/extremely common] character name so [it was fine/my world imploded].

I play [tank/dps/healer] and when I go into HM FPs I find the community to be [friendly/a bunch of moronic noobs]. Tanks [shouldnít/should] guard healers! Lost Island was [a lot of fun/impossible] when it was released. People who learned the mechanics and said they cleared it [didnít find it too difficult/were flat out lying and wiped too]. After it was [nerfed/rebalanced] a [million/couple of] times it was [no longer fun/finally possible to clear it]. I pay my subscription every month so I want [something challenging/access to everything quickly].

New content is released at a [good/snailís] pace. I [do/donít] understand why new content is released while there are still existing bugs. I [realise you have different teams assigned to different game aspects/cannot see any logic in this].

When the Cartel Market was released, alongside F2P, it was a clear [effort to modify the on-going development financing/a cash grab]. Amongst other things it allowed people some of the gear personalisation theyíd been crying out for, while [allowing players to get the vast majority of the game for free/raking in the cash for Bioware]. The drop rate of rare items from packs is [rare, as expected/ludicrous. I bought three packs and got nothing].

F2P has been [good/a disaster] for the game. The game is full of fresh players who [wouldnít be here otherwise/donít deserve to share server space with me]. The Double XP weekends have [attracted more people levelling characters/really annoyed me]. Iím levelling an alt and [donít want to/want to] run through all the missions again for the [tenth/second] time. The fact that Iím over levelled so quickly [is great/completely breaks the game]. When combined with the Ilum XP farming, itís meant that Warzones have been awash with fresh level 50s, badly optimised in green PVE gear. To be honest, itís been [fun killing them easily/infuriating that these exploiters have access].

In any MMO the hardest thing for the devs is class balance. I play [insert class here] and [I find things okay/youíve nerfed me while buffing everyone else]. As it stands, my class is [viable across the board/a liability and no-one would take us in their team]. It could be [worse/better], take a look at WoW.

In writing this Iím letting you know [what a good job youíre doing/that Iím clearly better qualified to run the gameís development than you are].

Regards,
A [happy subscriber/furious keyboard smashing ex-subscriber].

Qvasar
03.25.2013 , 05:47 AM | #2
This thread made me [laugh/sick].

KariTalRathe
03.25.2013 , 07:06 AM | #3
Excellent. I'm definitely rating this thread

Tatile
03.25.2013 , 07:10 AM | #4
This thread was very [useful/pointless] and I hope the OP [creates more form letters/quits in a wave of hate].

[Kind regards/I hate everything.]

Stressfire
03.25.2013 , 07:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
This thread made me [laugh/sick].
Made me lol - personally, I'm liking the double xp weekends if for no other reason than it's possible to find a group in GF for mid-level FPs

astrobearx
03.25.2013 , 07:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KariTalRathe View Post
Excellent. I'm definitely rating this thread
agreed

Atramar
03.25.2013 , 07:18 AM | #7
Worst/Best thread ever. You are Troll/Sir. I hope you Burn in hell/Have a nice day.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Helig
03.25.2013 , 07:20 AM | #8
Should be stickied TBH.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

FlatheadMonster
03.25.2013 , 08:10 AM | #9
Very well done thread. Highly entertaining.

DonkeyGobbler
03.25.2013 , 02:08 PM | #10
I 'm glad a portion of my morning was used productively, because it certainly wasn't used working...