Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sents/Maras

Arocsimus
03.25.2013 , 03:08 AM | #1
I need clarification on a 1.1 anni/watchman talent.

I am 100% sure this ability and what it did in 1.1 but parties unknown insist otherwise. Maras/sents from this era are hard to come by so I want justifiable and public clarification.

*Anni/Watchman Force Camo.
The marauder talent phantom in the anni tree in 1.1 gave the mara/sent 99% if not 100% damage reduction while in force camo.

Am I wrong?

They nerfed it in 1.2 to what it is now. I just want clarification for this party i will not mention.
Aroca Sixx

Grim Determination

J_Fred
03.25.2013 , 03:14 AM | #2
from what i remember my brother telling me your correct
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

PoliteAssasin
03.25.2013 , 03:19 AM | #3
Yes, it used to be 100% damage reduction. Used to love using that in the firepits on huttball. Oh the good ole days when people thought our class sucked.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Arocsimus
03.25.2013 , 03:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Yes, it used to be 100% damage reduction. Used to love using that in the firepits on huttball.
^^^ Thanks
Aroca Sixx

Grim Determination

PoliteAssasin
03.25.2013 , 03:20 AM | #5
Happy to help.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

bsbrad
03.25.2013 , 10:33 AM | #6
I still believe sent/maras force camo should be changed to a speed boost as IMO this skill is one of the reasons that makes sent/maras so overpowered.

Just my opinion but to bring the sent/maras more in line with the other glass cannons I would change force camo to be a speed boost (as no force user should be using stealth) and change smash so that it only adds a buff to armor penetration and not the extra damage. This would then make other advanced classes more viable as damage dealers in PVP.

However I must admit there is a huge difference between a sent/mara who knows how to play their class and one that doesn't.
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

JamesBalla
03.25.2013 , 10:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
I still believe sent/maras force camo should be changed to a speed boost as IMO this skill is one of the reasons that makes sent/maras so overpowered.

Just my opinion but to bring the sent/maras more in line with the other glass cannons I would change force camo to be a speed boost (as no force user should be using stealth) and change smash so that it only adds a buff to armor penetration and not the extra damage. This would then make other advanced classes more viable as damage dealers in PVP.

However I must admit there is a huge difference between a sent/mara who knows how to play their class and one that doesn't.
You really overthink this. Each AC can put out just as much damage as a sentinel or a smasher.
Zentrai/Jballa
rip don't panic

bsbrad
03.25.2013 , 11:07 AM | #8
Just not with the same level of protection

Look at how many sent/maras there are compared to other classes (especially in ranked matches). For every glass cannon there appears to be shutdowns, MM snipers need to be line of sighted (luckily the WZs are designed in such a way that you can always do that), Hybrid snipers just need their dots cleansing (I am surprised most healers still dont know where their cleanse is) Mercs just need their rapid shot interrupted, Stealthies need to be dotted.

However, I have yet to learn a good strategy at taking down a sent/mara (without being one). Maybe I am just a really bad PVP player, if any of the sents/maras or other PVPers want to share a good rock->paper->scissor counter to them I am all ears. I hear all about snipers being their foil but I have yet to see a sniper consistently out damaging a sent/mara unless they are left alone the entire game.

Maybe I am over analyzing it, maybe it is just a coincidence that sent/maras make up the bulk of 50 WZs
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

JamesBalla
03.25.2013 , 11:23 AM | #9
GD only has 1 marauder on their RWZ team and that's aroca. I'm the only sent on the ASB team, so no there aren't a huge bulk of them on the RWZ teams. And from personal experience, I think the best counter to a marauder is a sentinel or a marauder. Or just have skyblaze/valya on your team.
Zentrai/Jballa
rip don't panic

Jaddis
03.25.2013 , 11:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
(I am surprised most healers still dont know where their cleanse is)
When I'm on my operative I get a sick, perverse joy out of cleansing all those glorious tech abilities. Mostly because I've gotten so used to having to eat them on Jaadis.