Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how to find help for heroic missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
how to find help for heroic missions

tanerb
03.24.2013 , 01:22 PM | #1
hi, how does it work? i am level 7 trying to do a heroic+2 mission alone and keep dying. what is the best way to find someone help me? i tired to invite people but nobody joins. what is the appropriate way to handle this?

Gidrea
03.24.2013 , 01:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
hi, how does it work? i am level 7 trying to do a heroic+2 mission alone and keep dying. what is the best way to find someone help me? i tired to invite people but nobody joins. what is the appropriate way to handle this?

First, never invite someone to group without asking them first. You can send them a whisper by typing /whisper name and asking if they're interested in the heroic.

The easiest way is to ask in General Chat. People type in LFG and the name of the mission, or ask "Anyone interested [mission]" You can link the mission in the chat window by shift-left clicking on the mission name on your screen.

It's good to be at or near the entrance to the heroic when you ask.

Normally, General Chat is awful to watch, but if you don't know anyone in game it's the best way to get a group. If you watch General for a while, you might see someone else asking for a group for that heroic, or even recruiting for a guild, which can be a good and helpful thing.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

tanerb
03.24.2013 , 02:21 PM | #3
thank you

KBerling
03.24.2013 , 05:48 PM | #4
It works in reverse as well. Other people are constantly looking to build groups for heroics. If you're able to stomach the stupidity and filth, you can monitor general chat until you see someone looking to build a group for the quest you are interested in. Then whisper that person that you would like to join and usually they will invite you.