Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best of Star Wars Acting

Beniboybling
03.24.2013 , 10:02 AM | #1
Thought I'd do something different from the usual top whoevers, so here it is:

Who are the top three actors in the Star Wars franchise? And who are the top three voice actors? Acting is obviously exclusive to the movies and voice acting can be from the films, games, TV series etc. Yoda. C-3P0 and Vader count as voice actors.

So, who are your top three? - and give a favourite quote or clip if you like as well.

Pirana
03.24.2013 , 10:12 AM | #2
Off the top of my head, and in no specific order:

Alec Guiness
Harrison Ford
Ewan McGregor

The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Doctoglethorpe
03.24.2013 , 11:16 AM | #3
Ian McDiarmid
Ian McDiarmid
Ian McDiarmid

Ventessel
03.24.2013 , 11:26 AM | #4
Not in any order of relevance, but more as a highlights selection:

Harrison Ford
Ewan McGregor
James Earl Jones
Alec Guinness
Billy Dee Williams
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

TalonVII
03.24.2013 , 11:41 AM | #5
Sir Alec Guiness
Ewan McGregor
Harrison Ford
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

TheBBP
03.24.2013 , 02:31 PM | #6
Top Actors:
  • Ian McDermid (RotJ) "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet. It was *I* who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive."
  • Mark Hamill (ESB) "Oh, come on! How can you know my father? You don't even know who I am. Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here! We're wasting our time!"
  • Harrison Ford (ESB) "Horizontal boosters. Alluvial dampers? Ow! That's not it, bring me the Hydrospanner. I don't know how we're going to get out of this one."

Top Voice Actors:
  • James Earl Jones (ESB) "No. I am your father."
  • James Arnold Taylor (TCW Obi Wan) "Begging your pardon, Duchess, I distinctly remember carrying you to safety."
  • Anthony Daniels "Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1!"
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Spartanik
03.24.2013 , 03:36 PM | #7
meh let me break a bit the trend here and alow me to say
Sara Kestelman a.k.a Kreia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1aDMnh1ksE
~
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling
03.25.2013 , 12:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
meh let me break a bit the trend here and alow me to say
Sara Kestelman a.k.a Kreia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1aDMnh1ksE
~
Agreed. My list goes something like this:

Actors

Ian McDiarmid - for his excellent performance of Darth Sidious, he pulls of the Machiavellian, megalomanical villain perfectly - and even manages to add some humour into it. This being one of my favourite moments.

Harrison Ford - as Han Solo, a character that has grown on me ever since becoming a Star Wars fan, really he executes every line and every seen perfectly and really does pull of the roguish smuggler really well. One of my favourite quotes being: 'Laugh it up, fuzzball!'

Alec Guinness - while I don't enjoy his scenes say, as much as Samuel L. Jacksons, I do recognise his excellent acting skills. And really, Star Wars wouldn't be the same without him.

Voice Actors

Sara Kestelman - as Kreia, the only voice actor I'm aware of who can be listened to for 10 whole minutes with complete attention. Seriously she does such a good job and is one of the reasons Kreia is my favourite character. This being one of her best moments.

Sam Witwer - primarily for his performance as Darth Maul which is nothing short of amazing. Seriously if you haven't experienced this I highly encourage you to do so. When watching his scenes half my mind is concentrating on the action, and half on his brilliant acting. His performance as Galen Marek is also very good.

Nika Futterman - another Clone Wars actor, or rather actress, Asajj Ventress. Really just great, her voice is both sexy and scary, which fits Ventress' character perfectly. (You can imagine my reaction when she appeared in SWTOR!)

Aurbere
03.25.2013 , 12:36 PM | #9
Harrison Ford
James Earl Jones
Sir Christopher Lee
Liam Neeson
Sir Alec Guiness
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Jacen_Starsolo
03.26.2013 , 09:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Top Actors:
  • Ian McDermid (RotJ) "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet. It was *I* who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive."
  • Mark Hamill (ESB) "Oh, come on! How can you know my father? You don't even know who I am. Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here! We're wasting our time!"
  • Harrison Ford (ESB) "Horizontal boosters. Alluvial dampers? Ow! That's not it, bring me the Hydrospanner. I don't know how we're going to get out of this one."

Top Voice Actors:
  • James Earl Jones (ESB) "No. I am your father."
  • James Arnold Taylor (TCW Obi Wan) "Begging your pardon, Duchess, I distinctly remember carrying you to safety."
  • Anthony Daniels "Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1!"
Anthony Daniels is a Voice guy since he was actually in the gold suit?