Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forums set to English yet still showing as French

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Forums set to English yet still showing as French

AcexRIP
03.23.2013 , 11:09 AM | #1
I got no problelm reading French, but for some reason my forums tend to get stuck on french.
Even switching language wont change anything.
Maybe there is a IP check linked to the forums, but then BW/EA needs to realise that some countries might use more then 1 language.

Radzkie
03.23.2013 , 11:22 AM | #2
Mine gets switched over to French all the time too. I don't have any problem reading it either, but I want to keep SW:TOR's forums in English. I'd be interested in reading any reply here from a mod.

I wonder if it has something to do with my keyboard? It has English, French and Multilingual "settings" for it.

Tatile
03.23.2013 , 11:27 AM | #3
There is a problem with coming to site via Google - an errant fr or de gets stuck in the URL and you end up with the French and German versions respectively.

Though by the sounds of it, that's not what's happening to you. Try deleting the errant language filter in the URL and refreshing, see if that does anything? Unfortunately the CSR Droids can't help you at the moment; they don't work weekends.

Nel-Luc
03.23.2013 , 11:53 AM | #4
This used to happen to me all of the time even when just coming to the main page. I found that www.swtor.com/ and www.swtor.com are two different links. www.swtor.com/ takes you to the french site, while swtor.com brings you to the English site. All I had to do is edit my favorites bookmark for swtor and clear my cashe (so chrome wouldn't auto-correct the link to www.swtor.com/)