Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

cancelling subscription

tanerb
03.23.2013 , 11:01 AM | #1
New subscriber here. First, how is there no e-mail support? I called the phone number, had to wait 30 minutes on line and the representative couldn' t help me. Here is my issue. I bought the digital deluxe game through origin store. After i bought the game, i got a mail that said i will be billed every month automatically. Now i am not sure i want that as i am new to the game dont know if will en joy it or not. Anyway, in the mail there was a link that shows how to cancel your subscribtion. when i go there though, after clicking my account and subscribtion i do not see any cancel subscription option (in this very website it says it supposed to be there).. the online customer service could not help me, the guy was suprised and did not know what to do. any similair experience or any other way to contact customer service? thanks

Philastra
03.23.2013 , 11:06 AM | #2
its on your account page, there is also email support. goto accnt page hit the subscription link scroll down the option to cancel is there.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

tanerb
03.23.2013 , 11:31 AM | #3
sorry but did you even read my post? it is not there and even the customer rep couldnt find it. now, if there is an email support, could you please tell me the e mail address?

Nel-Luc
03.23.2013 , 11:46 AM | #4
If you cancel your subscription you'll still get to use the month you've paid for, this way you can still try the game out and see if you like it. It's the same idea with Netflix and Hulu plus trials.

To cancel your subscription go to the upper right hand page of this where it either says "Login" or your account name.

Click it can either login or press "My Account."

On the your main account page, in the body, there will be four status boxes displaying check mark for each of these items: Account Creation, Four Security Questions!, Add A Subscription Plan, and Security Key. Under Add A Subscription click BUY NOW. This will take you to the subscription management screen.

Under the subscription option you'll see some status notifications. The first one should be a gold calender saying "You will be billed on xx/xx/xx" If you don't see that then you do not have a automatic subscription and the Cancel Subscription option will not show up. If it does show a charge date and below that it shows you which card or account you're using for payment, then scroll all the way to the very very bottom of the page.

Across from the "PST Character Copy" option there will be another status notification saying: "If you wish to choose the Free-to-play option you can ............ Cancel your subscription"

Click Cancel your subscription to, well, cancel your subscription.

Philastra
03.23.2013 , 12:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
sorry but did you even read my post? it is not there and even the customer rep couldnt find it. now, if there is an email support, could you please tell me the e mail address?
Before I posted I went and looked and its there, your just not seeing it and as for email CS goto account page and look where it says support its there. And I highly doubt a CS agent could not find the cancel subscription button.

The only thing I can think of is that you haven't eneterd your credit card info yet.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

tanerb
03.23.2013 , 12:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nel-Luc View Post
"You will be billed on xx/xx/xx" If you don't see that then you do not have a automatic subscription and the Cancel Subscription option will not show up. If it does show a charge date and below that it shows you which card or account you're using for payment, then scroll all the way to the very very bottom of the page.
thank you. i do not see this, but then why did i get an "automatic renewal" mail? i got my subscribtion through origin store not this website. i think this is the reason it is not there

tanerb
03.23.2013 , 12:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
as for email CS goto account page and look where it says support its there.
lol. give me the email address if you can see it. i am saying there is no email support, you keep telling me go to the account page. there is only a phone number there

Niaymh
03.23.2013 , 12:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
lol. give me the email address if you can see it. i am saying there is no email support, you keep telling me go to the account page. there is only a phone number there
support@swtor.com

As the others said though, if you can't see your next billing date and there's no cancel button then you don't have an automatic subscription.

tanerb
03.23.2013 , 01:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Niaymh View Post
support@swtor.com

As the others said though, if you can't see your next billing date and there's no cancel button then you don't have an automatic subscription.
thank you. really appreciate you guys are helping so fast