Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Screen

Nivek_Sivad
03.23.2013 , 08:21 AM | #1
Hello,

I've been apart of the SWTOR community for as long as the day it came out, it feels like. I know that isn't true, but I've loved EVERY Experience of it, except three.

1- Infinite Loading Glitch: Resolved
This glitch caused my characters Deadrikor and Vikor to be stuck in an infinite loading screen for WEEKS until I complained enough.

2- Error Code 3: Resolved
This glitch occurred weeks after the first glitch, Infinite Loading Glitch. This glitch also took Deadrikor and Vikor back to "Bug Hell".

3- Black Screen: UNRESOLVED
This glitch occurred last night, 3/22/13 around 8:17 PM. I was leveling like a mad man, SO CLOSE to level 50, on my Guardian Vikor when I made the foolish move of going to Corellia where I thought I could level freely, but was attacked by "The Black Screen". "The Black Screen" is a glitch that turns your screen black, yet you can still see the HUD(( example: my abiliy quick bar and chat menu )) and the chatbox. Unfortunately for me, it also hides menus like the Guild menu when you hit "G" or your inventory when you hit "I". I tried to enter a warzone to fix it, but I never saw the popup then it said I was removed from the queue, showing that it had popped but it didn't show me. I can't move and I'm stuck on Corellia, where I await weeks probably for a reply from Customer Services.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that I crash when I send group invites, and after about a minute of standing there, my computer goes unresponsive and I gotta kill the power to fix it -_-

Thanks for reading.

a pissed off customer,
Rikor

drenge
03.23.2013 , 09:50 AM | #2
Something similar happened to me a while ago. Try playing it in windowed mode by pressing alt+enter

Nivek_Sivad
03.23.2013 , 10:01 AM | #3
I always play in windowed mode...

Nivek_Sivad
03.23.2013 , 11:26 AM | #4
Bump to try and get an answer on why this is occurring

Nel-Luc
03.23.2013 , 12:03 PM | #5
It sounds like either a graphics issue or installation issue (If you shoot me down by saying "It's not my graphics" I will stop helping you.)

First thing to try, if you can see the option, is to change your graphics settings to very low, let it set and then change it to very high, let it set it, and change it back to your normal configuration. With almost all of my graphic issues this seems to fix it almost all of the time. Not sure why.

I might suggest to use your emergency fleet pass first to get of Corellia.

If that does not fix it, update your graphic card's drivers. If you're still having problems, uninstall swtor (but please save your Interface Editor settings before you do so to save you a good hour of setting everything up again.) Then re-install. If even after all that you're still having the black screen, use another computer with swtor, if that works I'm going to tell you it's a hardware-related issue.