Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Is It Okay To Queue For Warzones, But Not Flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why Is It Okay To Queue For Warzones, But Not Flashpoints?

Caelrie
12.20.2011 , 09:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterLaz View Post
I don't understand the logic behind this useless argument. Everybody who has this argument makes it seem like you don't find baddies in General chat trying to form your group.

Baddies will come regardless of which method of random group assembly you use. Your only guarantee for a non-bad group is ti form up with a group of friends, and if that is what you're doing, you don't care about LFG or General chat either way.
Plus, it ignores that the vast majority of groups that form using WoW's LFD tool complete the dungeon successfully without issues.

Karzi
12.20.2011 , 10:37 PM | #22
There are 14 people using the lfg tool right now on the republic side of my server. Ive spent about 7 hours today and grouped up for one run of Cademimu. I mean this is pathetic.

Meanwhile how many warzones could i have done if that had been my lean.

Airees
12.20.2011 , 10:40 PM | #23
Most people don't have a problem with LFD queueing. What they do have a problem with is cross-server LFD queueing.

Flovius
12.20.2011 , 10:49 PM | #24
/bump

right on OP

People need to stop crying about running pugs with a quest finder. Don't use it then. simple

I m tired of yelling in general chat to run flashpoints or Heroics.

DDO used a lfg app and it worked perfectly. And if leroy Jenkins wanted to join, we didnt let him.
Well met and all that!

Bounty Hunters FTW!

TipsyDrow
12.20.2011 , 11:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Flovius View Post
/bump

right on OP

People need to stop crying about running pugs with a quest finder. Don't use it then. simple

I m tired of yelling in general chat to run flashpoints or Heroics.

DDO used a lfg app and it worked perfectly. And if leroy Jenkins wanted to join, we didnt let him.
LEEEROOOOOY JENKINSSSSS!!!

Oh dear *ahem* sorry bout that. But yes this ^ What Flovius said. DDO simply had a tab, you clicked on it, you picked oyur quest the lvl range and classes you wanted and put up a lfg. people then clicked on your lfg and from there, you could talk to them, accept them or make them go away, very easy, very efficient. I for one am all for something like that.
Brin'shšk-Shadow BrŽanne-Guardian
Liellanna-CommandoSynafaee-Sage

Aeringunnr-PowertechIxzaluah-Sorceress

drbeat
12.21.2011 , 01:38 AM | #26
The reason is because WoW had automatic queueing for battlegrounds in Vanilla, therefore people have only experienced battlegrounds with queues, and they must therefore be required for battlegrounds to exist.

Automatic queueing for dungeons did not exist until years later, when WoW was reaching its peak subscribership, therefore they are not part of the old school nostalgia and must not be necessary.

This all makes complete sense to apply an outdated design based on nostalgia from a completely different game to SW:TOR. It really does. I'm not being facetious. It's the only logical design choice.

firesprite_ea
12.21.2011 , 05:18 AM | #27
Another thing to think about is: if we have pretty bad situation with forming a 4man group .... what will happen when you need to run those promised 8 or 16 ppl raild? Scary.

Tarengrim
12.21.2011 , 05:33 AM | #28
It would be easier to get a Flashpoint group, if you had at least some Server wide LFG channel. Or maybe several, like [LFG - Esseles] [LFG - Mandalorian Raiders] and stuff like that.

Nothing as boring as standing in the fleet and spamming your LFG messages hoping that someone might be there too at that time.

It does not have to be a LFG Tool, but at least a way to reach all the people who are interested in forming a group on the server and not just the ones in your zone.