Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Is It Okay To Queue For Warzones, But Not Flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why Is It Okay To Queue For Warzones, But Not Flashpoints?

Caelrie
12.20.2011 , 05:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Caern View Post
Hell no to this.

A flashpoint is an extended period of time where I'm going to be interacting with other people and I'm stuck with them for the full duration of that event. I for damn sure don't want a bunch of idiots tossed together randomly without having even said a single word to each other first. It reduced WoW dungeons to just watching a bunch of DPSers running forward as fast as they can and bashing their head against a wall until finally it gave way. When they tried to put even the tiniest thing bearing a faint resemblance to challenge into the game, people screamed bloody murder because they had gotten used to just running forward pressing 1 or 2 buttons.

No thanks.
You know that you wouldn't be forced to use it, right?

Biship
12.20.2011 , 05:06 PM | #12
Rift is lightyears ahead in terms of features. One can only pray TOR catches up.

Calsidian
12.20.2011 , 05:07 PM | #13
Because one is an apple, and the other is an orange.
o[//////////]ị::ị{{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)
"Use the force Luke." - Abraham Lincoln

Beatmiser
12.20.2011 , 05:07 PM | #14
I would be spared completely the cesspool that is /general if we had a LFG tool.

A looking for group tool would mean:

I don't have to read guildspam
I don't have to read goldseller spam
I don't get tempted to tell trolls to go away
I could actually find groups for Flashpoints.

Please BW give us LFG
.::vale | operative .::. dare | commando::.
..::ajunta pall | rp-pvp::..
|beta veteran .::. 1020th&367th|

Caelrie
12.20.2011 , 05:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beatmiser View Post
I would be spared completely the cesspool that is /general if we had a LFG tool.

A looking for group tool would mean:

I don't have to read guildspam
I don't have to read goldseller spam
I don't get tempted to tell trolls to go away
I could actually find groups for Flashpoints.

Please BW give us LFG
But but but, that's "community!"

Renjiro
12.20.2011 , 05:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Caern View Post
Hell no to this.

A flashpoint is an extended period of time where I'm going to be interacting with other people and I'm stuck with them for the full duration of that event. I for damn sure don't want a bunch of idiots tossed together randomly without having even said a single word to each other first. It reduced WoW dungeons to just watching a bunch of DPSers running forward as fast as they can and bashing their head against a wall until finally it gave way. When they tried to put even the tiniest thing bearing a faint resemblance to challenge into the game, people screamed bloody murder because they had gotten used to just running forward pressing 1 or 2 buttons.

No thanks.
That sounds like its entirely the fault of the anti-social players you hung out with.

An LFG tool would be useful and I'm glad they plan on implementing one eventually. Its an MMO, the only things that can ruin the "sense of community" is the community itself....not a friggin tool.

Phaedrynn
12.20.2011 , 05:31 PM | #17
Shrug...I don't do warzones (hate cage match PvP) and I only group with guildmembers so the entire issue is pretty much moot to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
Well look at the bright side...if you quit SWTOR, you can spend time brushing up on spelling and punctuation.

eoindoyle
12.20.2011 , 06:01 PM | #18
it's called a double standard mate.. and it's sadly evident in this game

Kharak
12.20.2011 , 06:07 PM | #19
LFG tool would be nice because as for now it is hell hard to get a tank at all just by yelling on channels + I would be happy to do quest instead of sitting on my *** near flashpoints entrance waiting for completing party.

MisterLaz
12.20.2011 , 09:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruan View Post
Also, WoW's dungeon finder is a nightmare of abuse and terrible players, DO NOT WANT IN SWTOR.
I don't understand the logic behind this useless argument. Everybody who has this argument makes it seem like you don't find baddies in General chat trying to form your group.

Baddies will come regardless of which method of random group assembly you use. Your only guarantee for a non-bad group is ti form up with a group of friends, and if that is what you're doing, you don't care about LFG or General chat either way.
For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories