Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuns.

Kaedusz
03.22.2013 , 12:11 PM | #1
It seems to me that there is something wrong with the diminishing returns in pvp.
There is something wrong with being stunned by two 4 second stuns one after the other and both of them are full length.
Imo the resolve system need rework.PvP is too much a stun fest.Specially for mele classes.

After the first stun,the seconds should be 30 or 40% shorter ,third should be 80 % shorter or some system like that.Maybe even with lower %s.After that you are immune for a few seconds and then it resets.The way it is now you take all stuns for full length untill your resolve bar is filled which kinda makes the game a stun fest.But you get used to it after a while i guess...

what u guys think?

Pistols-GS
03.22.2013 , 12:24 PM | #2
This has been an issue since release; since that time they've only increased the amount of stuns.

Resolve works fine, but the mechanics of resolve need to be changed, players get it the Devs do not.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

SOULCASTER
03.22.2013 , 12:27 PM | #3
That's nothing. you can get hit by 2x 8second stuns and sit there for 16 seconds while other team does whatever they want (yes they break on combat, but still).
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 12:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
It seems to me that there is something wrong with the diminishing returns in pvp.
There is something wrong with being stunned by two 4 second stuns one after the other and both of them are full length.
Imo the resolve system need rework.PvP is too much a stun fest.Specially for mele classes.

After the first stun,the seconds should be 30 or 40% shorter ,third should be 80 % shorter or some system like that.Maybe even with lower %s.After that you are immune for a few seconds and then it resets.The way it is now you take all stuns for full length untill your resolve bar is filled which kinda makes the game a stun fest.But you get used to it after a while i guess...

what u guys think?
dimishing durations would be nice if it was noticeable.
i also suggest getting the stun train rolling before they do.

Amongus
03.22.2013 , 12:32 PM | #5
I agree, the stuns are excessive, and resolve helps none when you are dead.
Blue 42, Hutta, Hutta, Hike!

foxmob
03.22.2013 , 01:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
That's nothing. you can get hit by 2x 8second stuns and sit there for 16 seconds while other team does whatever they want (yes they break on combat, but still).
those are mezz's (or soft stuns). they break on dmg (even dots). they are not the problem.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

WaldoA
03.22.2013 , 01:44 PM | #7
In my opinion, stuns should fill resolve by 25% per second the stun is active, and resolve should NOT decrease until you are killed (in PvP) or atleast after 40 or so seconds for PvE. I really enjoy the PvP on this game, but the stuns are ridiculous. No PvP should be controlled by stuns, never mind stuns that don't affect the resolve mechanic the way they should.

Kovaos
03.22.2013 , 02:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
^This. No one wants this. I can't believe it's been going on so long.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

WaldoA
03.22.2013 , 04:13 PM | #9
I've been noticing an increasing amount of either bugs or 'hacks' going on lately, I seem to be getting stunned in combat for way more than what is meant to be possible.

For example earlier on my pre50 Marauder I was holding ball in HBall, while being healed constantly, I got stunned for a solid 10 seconds before dying. Was spamming the hell out of my predation keybind but to no avail.

foxmob
03.22.2013 , 05:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
^This. No one wants this. I can't believe it's been going on so long.
don't get me wrong. I think there's wayyyy too much stun in this game, but can you list just one 8s stun?

a mezz breaks on dmg. nobody's gonna kill you while you're helpless simply because you're mezzed. it's an escape mechanic and a trick to play on poorly chosen node guards.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH