Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Drawing Board

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 12:09 PM | #1
You are smart. You may have a solution.

Class imbalance: Create a war zone that gimps gear. I'd gladly take a loss only attributed to class imbalance, as I've prolly had a great time playing against such a good team that that is the only reason they beat me. Would be thrilled to play.

PVE bolster
allow greater skill requirement from frequently run fp/ops.
take gear out of the equation: save on repairs!

PUGS v Premades:
Who cares about voice advantage all the time: I would gladly take losses due to not having voice if I could regularly get auto-grouped with people that I've indicated having a preference for.
+
PUGS can work well together:
If we could get auto-grouped with people we've shown a preference for, I will show you a group of happy gamers
=

Tool: auto-group based off of preference system.
Preference system is established over time through players voting "Yes, No, or None" for preferring to play with a selected individual in the future through auto-grouping.
The votes are tracked in database like other warzone career stats.

How?
Grouping is done by weights in a tiered system.
Weight is either activating or inhibiting,:
(Player-A, Player-B; yes) is said to be most active, and thus, has highest weight. The tool will first seek to pair them in wz.
Or
(Player-A, Player-D; no) such that the tool avoids this pairing when all possible.

Weights are associative.
(Player-A, Player-B; yes)(Player-B, Player-C; yes)(Player-A, Player-C; none) Player-A has some preference for Player-C by extension/association of/with Player-B.

Weights can be null
(Player-A, Player-E; none) such that they express no preference. Perhaps they've never met etc.. Would allow for initial population for this tool to group.

Applicable for WZ and PVE

Can someone give me this?

Sumbidy
03.22.2013 , 01:38 PM | #2
PvE Bolster? How about no.
........................................Nohbidy---Sith Sorcerer
.................................................. ...............

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 02:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sumbidy View Post
PvE Bolster? How about no.
why? you don't think you'd like the option to try daily instanced content where you can't get carried by gear and repair isn't an issue? go play with your cartel stuff.

GalacticKegger
03.22.2013 , 02:39 PM | #4
Why not simply have a queueing system that maintains a play-by-play record of players and grades them based on figuring out whether success or failure was their fault or the fault of the players around them? Or perhaps a match.com system where everyone creates their own profile and the system groups them up based on their profile preferences? Or maybe just grab folks from your friends list and queue up as a group?
Peace out . . .

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 02:51 PM | #5
what i'm proposing is no where near as unfeasible nor preposterous as what you've suggested.
your last sentence is the only one that contirbutes anything.
as i said, i don't want to manage a contact list, i don't want to be dependent on a guild, or on stray online friends, or get stuck with bads in normal group-finder. I want to tag people I've enjoyed playing with, and get auto-grouped with them by pushing a button. If my pool of available preferences arent queued or online, then i'll take my chances with normal.
you guys pick group compositions manuallyy off of preference - be it social reason, tactical reason etc. i just want to be able to do it automatically, and with run-based affiliation. I don't care about traditional mmo social norms. And this isn't about me not being able to work in guilds, I work well in most skilled groups. This is about options.

Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Why not simply have a queueing system that maintains a play-by-play record of players and grades them based on figuring out whether success or failure was their fault or the fault of the players around them? Or perhaps a match.com system where everyone creates their own profile and the system groups them up based on their profile preferences? Or maybe just grab folks from your friends list and queue up as a group?

Sumbidy
03.22.2013 , 04:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ubermouth View Post
why? you don't think you'd like the option to try daily instanced content where you can't get carried by gear and repair isn't an issue? go play with your cartel stuff.
Look, stop trolling. And in the case you are serious: What you want to do is get rid of gear entirely. You want to rip the core of this game right out. Getting gear and downing bosses to get them is what those of us in the MMORPG community like to call progression. With your so called "idea" what would be the point of running ops to get gear when all you need to do is ding 50 and roll in with greens? You make no sense.

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 04:37 PM | #7
Don't try to control how I can play the game. The core of this game isn't gear for me, it's technique.. For you maybe it's gear, maybe it's chatting in the fleet, maybe its hairdos and rp weddings and gambling in cartel items. I don't care.
Don't try to push your traditional mmo norms on me, I'm just asking for QoL options here. I'm asking for novel options to play this game.
Progression is great. I like new challenges, mechanics and tactics more than gear checks. Plus tons of bads get twinked through hm ops.

Sumbidy
03.22.2013 , 04:45 PM | #8
In that case, this will never happen.

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 04:48 PM | #9
Because you say so?
Is that how you justify yourself? With gross generalization, and asserting your all-knowingness?
Don't bother posting in here unless you have comments about designing features. Get your social kicks elsewhere plz.

Sumbidy
03.22.2013 , 04:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ubermouth View Post
Because you say so?
Is that how you justify yourself? With gross generalization, and asserting your all-knowingness?
Don't bother posting in here unless you have comments about designing features. Get your social kicks elsewhere plz.
No, I justify myself with what I said before hand. Everything you've ever said had no backing, just you saying "I WANT THIS SO I CAN DO THAT". Your so "designing features" is game breaking. I still have a feeling that this all trolling, so I'll let this die like it's supposed to because, quite frankly, it's one of the worst ideas for an mmo I've ever seen. If you want what you're asking for, go play an FPS where you can do whatever your heart desires. This is not where ideas like yours belong. Welcome to the internet.