Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank modding v.s. other classes question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Tank modding v.s. other classes question

Vinrke
12.20.2011 , 04:41 PM | #1
Not sure if anyone knows this but I was just randomly looking through some of the gear and it seems that all classes can mod something they found early on. However due to armor issues for tanks they don't really have this option. Does anyone know if armor rating is considered less of an issue when end game comes into play???

JoeyJoon
12.20.2011 , 05:33 PM | #2
I'd also wanna know this.

Bump

gloryhunterprime
12.20.2011 , 06:15 PM | #3
The armoring that you place inside of a piece of gear is determined by the armor plating which is inside of it.

An example:

If you have commando 2 armor in a piece of heavy armor you get 100 armor (example not exact)

If you replace that commando 2 armor with commando 9 the piece now has 570 armor (agian example)

You in theory could complete the entire game using your first set of orange items you get.

Faolon
12.20.2011 , 06:55 PM | #4
^^ What he said.

Armoring has an "Armor Rating" or simple "Rating".
That value should give you an idea of how much armor you'll have once it's slotted into the armor... So long as you slot it into your appropriate armor type.

It's the same thing as Barrels or Hilts. These have Ratings as well. So let's say you have a Hilt or Barrel with "(Rating 44)".
Replacing it with something with "(Rating 54)" will give you a nice boost in damage.

So "Armoring" and "Barrel"/"Hilt" mods are the most important as they'll increase the armor of your armor piece or the damage of your weapon. Everything else, aside from color crystals for weapons, is for stats.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

gloryhunterprime
12.20.2011 , 07:01 PM | #5
My only question is if the level requirement is determined by the Armouring or if it is instead from the highest modification sloted.

JoeyJoon
12.20.2011 , 09:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by gloryhunterprime View Post
My only question is if the level requirement is determined by the Armouring or if it is instead from the highest modification sloted.
Armouring maybe? Thinking that you cant place high level mods into Lower level Gear, but that you can quite obviously place lower level mods into higher level gear. So

ryancwn
12.20.2011 , 09:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeyJoon View Post
Armouring maybe? Thinking that you cant place high level mods into Lower level Gear, but that you can quite obviously place lower level mods into higher level gear. So
You can't slot any mod into the orange item if the mod require higher level than your character level. Other than that, I don't know if there are any other level requirement for item customization. Some orange item without mod have innate level requirement too.

Lokai
12.20.2011 , 10:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinrke View Post
Not sure if anyone knows this but I was just randomly looking through some of the gear and it seems that all classes can mod something they found early on. However due to armor issues for tanks they don't really have this option. Does anyone know if armor rating is considered less of an issue when end game comes into play???
uhhh you can...get...modable...armor and mod it... my companion has a least 2-3 modable armor parts with best mods i can get he tanks just as good as most player tanks i've seen...
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Vinrke
12.21.2011 , 10:50 AM | #9
Thanks for the update, am glad to know and i think this is awesome customization ability.