Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Bank Looters exploiting weekend XP boost?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Guild Bank Looters exploiting weekend XP boost?

Simmerr
03.23.2013 , 04:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
yes, the GM should exercise more control, but to say it's entirely his fault...that's like saying it's the rape victim's fault for wearing a string bikini through a dark alley. it's not smart, but the other guy...you know...broke the law and assaulted her. not vice versa.
GM oversight is for sure the issue. If you have people n you gbank you don't trust, and don't set permissions on the tabs for expensive mats, what do you think will happen in an anonymous videogame? Guess it's the best way to learn though. I can guarantee he'll be more strict next time.
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS

Tehdame
03.24.2013 , 07:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKraken View Post
Yesterday,i invited a person (not allow to say nicknames by forums rules), who was lvl 30's, in fleet. This Person joined us just to loot our guild bank. when i pm him asking what was that , he just laugh and put in general chat selling prices and offer of our items. i pm again him telling him i will report him at what he answer: doesn't matter in one week i can get another class running... is this the consequences or our XP boost weekends?..

Now, ill be direct: YES, was my fault for letting people retrieve items from my guild bank after i invite them... BUT it can't be restricted while there is no option for "quantity of items" can be retrieve from bank per week option (while credits has it).

Anyway, Is there any way this person can be restricted to do this again? I saw him today in fleet, writing again about" i want to join an active guild " phrase, and i started to write in chat what he was doing there: looting guild bank.

Now this topic is not new, I'm not asking for the return of the items (he looted our new members guild bank... everything cheap) but to stop this kind of individuals to RUIN other players fun with this kind of attitude.

Because this is not a new topic i know many will answer: its your fault for let them do it that (and again i response yes); again there must be consequences for that PERSON who STEAL those items: a Ban of that account? a 1 week restriction? Specially when they can just erase that toon and make another and have it level up again in 1 week using XP boost + weekends XP boost event.
Whine less and learn how to manage a guild. You can setup pages to allow limits...
For exaple... page 1 you canlet people loot 1 item per week, or 900..
Page 2 you can let people loot 0, unless htey are officers.
Bottom line, learn to manage the guild, with the tools available. or ask for help to learn.

PM me if you would like to hear about my consulting fees to manage a guild.

Carth_KOTOR
03.26.2013 , 04:23 AM | #13
That sucks....Lesson learned I guess.
Bendakk - Guardian Tank | Carrth - Vanguard DPS
Alpha Strike Force | GM

haliy
03.26.2013 , 07:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EmblemElite View Post
This is why our guild doesnt have a gbank
This is why you have a gbank with permission restricitons to those in the guild you trust. This is also why you don't just send random guild invites just to anybody you see running around.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

JediBurkley
03.28.2013 , 12:20 PM | #15
Create a new rank, andset it to have no guild bank permissions. when you recruit people put them in that rank until they prove trustworthy.

or you can set restrictions for everyone in the manage tab in the guild bank. hope this helps!
Sorcero|60 Sith Sorcerer |HEALER
Burkley|60 Jedi Guardian |TANK