Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Laptop Hardware Q&A

ScottyEdward
08.14.2012 , 12:37 PM | #101
Yeah I have Emachines with
Intel celeron 900
intel GMA 4500M
2 GB DDR3 memory
DVD-super Multi DL drive

This is my first PC game i got I know little bit about computor and and i was just wondering if they an need to upgrade or buy new Laptop

Yinata
08.14.2012 , 01:10 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by ScottyEdward View Post
Yeah I have Emachines with
Intel celeron 900
intel GMA 4500M
2 GB DDR3 memory
DVD-super Multi DL drive

This is my first PC game i got I know little bit about computor and and i was just wondering if they an need to upgrade or buy new Laptop
Yes you will have to upgrade, I would suggest looking at Asus Laptops in the $700-1200 range, those will vary from mid-level performance to the ones in the $1200 range handling the game fine at max settings as you can still find some 560m GPU laptops for that price. You will have to upgrade though, the game running on your current machine will be unplayable.

thatghost
08.21.2012 , 03:09 PM | #103
Right. New laptop. I know the game will run on it due to having played a bit- not at optimum but good enough to get my fix.

My question is about the network adapter- it's an Atheros, and while I can play fine for a bit I inevitably get booted off the server, the game, the net completely. I know the Atheros adapters have a reputation for not playing nice with a lot of routers; it certainly doesn't seem to like mine (a Linksys). A USB adapter is currently on its way from Amazon but I'm wondering if that's going to do the trick or if I should just spring for the cable to hardwire into the router?

Please just help with this specific issue- no snarky remarks about getting a gaming laptop, a new router, etc etc ad nauseum. I really hesitated to post this because of the level of snark/elitism in these forums (same reason I didn't post full specs) so...straight advice, anyone?

(edit: irrelevant post now, the USB adaptor arrived and all works well so it was definitely the internal adaptor causing the problem)
Me + buildings = oops
The Vyxx Legacy | The Shadowlands
The Sadi Legacy | The Harbinger

Fanfic: Grey. Red. Black.

DashingRendar
08.31.2012 , 03:08 PM | #104
Is anybody having success running this on a minimum recommended build? My old laptop has an old X1400 that won't play the game because I can't force it to detect low settings in the GUI. It's an Dell E1705 / XPS 1710. I have a Core 2 duo and 4GB of RAM I swapped in about a year ago. I can swap the GPU in it for a single 7950GTX go and hope to play on low / medium settings but I have to modify the case a bit for the heat sink. Anybody out there playing this on a high end GeForce 7 series mobile card? If so what is the highest resolution you can get and still keep a stable FPS? I'd really hate to buy a new laptop. Thanks in advance.

elihaun
10.27.2012 , 09:06 AM | #105
I wanted this game since it first can out but my hardware was WAY to old to play it. I just bought a new laptop last month and i instantly bought this game. I play with the track pad (I know, I know) because I cant play with a mouse in the environment i am in (I play in bed before I go to sleep. helps me relax.). My problem is I have trouble targeting the enemy closest to me. What is the short cut to target closest enemy and/or teammate w/ low health?

dexterballs
11.01.2012 , 06:40 PM | #106
I need a new laptop!! Any recommendations on which Laptop I should get? I want to run everything on Max including shadows! I know desktop is better but im in college and I need something portable

Zarlina
11.16.2012 , 06:29 PM | #107
My current laptop runs the game fairly well, but I need a new laptop that will be solely for gaming. (No, I am not interested in getting a desktop)

Right now, I am seriously considering the Alienware M14 with Intel Core i5 and 8GB RAM. I personally think it is what I might buy, but I'd like to have some opinions before I commit to it considering it's expensive.

Anyone have this gaming laptop? If so, how does it run?
If not, what would you recommend?

mengepoes
04.28.2013 , 06:45 AM | #108
Im going to buy a laptop with the following specifications:
Do you think it will run the game well?

Processor: Intel Core i7 - 3632QM 2.2 GHz
Windows 8
RAM: 8192 MB DDR3 2 x 4096 MB

TsakasGr
04.28.2013 , 07:37 AM | #109
i have a hp g-62 450sv laptop.It has 3gb ram but can extend to 4.Will it make any difference?
The Red Eclipse Server
Main:Rodark
Guild:Cool guys dnt look at explosions

colemak
04.28.2013 , 09:24 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by mengepoes View Post
Im going to buy a laptop with the following specifications:
Do you think it will run the game well?

Processor: Intel Core i7 - 3632QM 2.2 GHz
Windows 8
RAM: 8192 MB DDR3 2 x 4096 MB
No dedicated GPU? Bad idea.