Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance Allowed for the jedi classes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Romance Allowed for the jedi classes?

RevanKnight
12.13.2011 , 01:09 PM | #1
So, I heard bioware was considering getting rid of the dark side points for jedi romance responses. Did they?

Desaroll
12.13.2011 , 02:41 PM | #2
I haven't reached that far, but some romantic options are dark side...

ereler
12.13.2011 , 02:53 PM | #3
It's funny how in KOTOR the message was "love will save you from the dark side", and was thumped into your skull by Jolee Bindo, Bastilla, Carth, etc. But in TOR it's the Dark Side option.

firequill
12.13.2011 , 02:57 PM | #4
would make for a really "interesting" relationship.

"oh, honey, i'm going out for a girls night out, i'll probably won't be home for several days, most probably i'll be very tired when i do come back.."

Jedi husband:

*audible sigh, peers over the edge of the newspaper*
"ok, honey, tell the male strippers i said hi"
*turns to the sports pages in the paper and continues reading*

Following the jedi code strctly denies you your emotions, so your companions would be little more than "business-partners" , getting emotional and thus dipping into the darkside slightly won't bother me, it's thematic imho.

Join the darkside, we have all-you-can-eat buffé's at the strip-joints

Wittand
12.13.2011 , 02:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ereler View Post
It's funny how in KOTOR the message was "love will save you from the dark side", and was thumped into your skull by Jolee Bindo, Bastilla, Carth, etc. But in TOR it's the Dark Side option.
It is only darkside for the two classes that more or less take a vow not to take part in a romance and are oathbreakers if they do.
The remaining six classes do not get darkside points as far as I know.

Erian
12.13.2011 , 03:41 PM | #6
Why do people keep citing Jolee as some kind of infallible guru on this issue? He has no leg to stand on whatsoever, his own experiences and failures run directly counter to his words in this issue.
"Beware of the blindness of those who would follow,
and the damnable lure of those who would lead."
- Tamoko, Baldur's Gate

QuadDamage
12.13.2011 , 03:45 PM | #7
I could have sworn this was all make believe, so anything goes at any time? Maybe I'm having an issue telling the different between fantasy and reality..

Darth_Vicente
12.13.2011 , 03:48 PM | #8
You get Dark Side points as a Jedi because if you peruse the romances, you specifically say, "Well, the council is wrong, let's do it anyway" (paraphrasing).
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Näeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Jay_focus_Zal
12.13.2011 , 03:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
You get Dark Side points as a Jedi because if you peruse the romances, you specifically say, "Well, the council is wrong, let's do it anyway" (paraphrasing).
i hope this is not true, let me point this one out the Jedi council is not all right, and sometime they lean too the darkside. without mean to only because they don't know everything
(████████████████]∏▒╣█ΞΞΞ█ █ΞΞΞ█╣▒∏[████████████████)

RevanKnight
12.13.2011 , 03:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Erian View Post
his own experiences and failures run directly counter to his words in this issue.
Apparently you need to review his story better.