Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's PvP like on Begeren?

Desiirea
03.22.2013 , 09:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
You should be aware, however, that this lady throws rocks at people's faces, even though she's a healer, even though she claims to be your friend.
Teehehee I <3 you so much Val :P

P.S. Ladies do NOT start fights, but they can finish them!
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

hulcalan
03.22.2013 , 10:40 AM | #12
I thought we decided she throws cookie crumbs of death?

on a side note.. it took them forever to delete that thread lol
Herro-Kitteh HulcalanCheezeburger

snowgoon
03.22.2013 , 10:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by hulcalan View Post
I thought we decided she throws cookie crumbs of death?

on a side note.. it took them forever to delete that thread lol
After yesterday's 11 pages of *crap*, I guess they really didn't have a choice. It's too bad we can't keep things more civil, I liked the idea of the thread.

On topic: pvp on begeren is as everyone else has mentioned. Rather well balanced, with a slight advantage to republic pugs. It's really dependent on when you queue though.
Totinos Pizzarolls // Harbinger

bsbrad
03.22.2013 , 11:05 AM | #14
For the most part the pubs even as pugs tend to go for the objectives in the WZ and therefore have the slight edge. There also appears to be a lot more good healers on the pub side who can keep their teams up in a pinch.

Generally the 50 WZs seem to be compettiive with a mixture of pre-made groups and newbie 50s. The Imp side is getting better though as some of the raid teams have started to PVP.
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

ZooMzy
03.22.2013 , 11:55 PM | #15
Here's my two cents on what I believe defines BC's level 50 PvP (and maybe, the lowbie brackets too):

The balance between the two sides is clearly in favor of the Republic, although it is not a complete blowout like from what I here on some servers. The success lies in the fact of how well the Republic side of the community is run: through diversity. Multiple guilds such as, but not limited to, exist on the Republic side of the community: Infamous, Dead On Arrival, Ascension Strikes Back, and even some more smaller knit guilds that I can not recollect at the time.

The Imperial side of the community, however, is weaker due to the concentrated monopoly of PvP power that exists known as Grim Determination. Because of this concentration of PvP power, the GD tag carries weight behind it to the point where many people will blame a loss on GD as a guild rather than just the Empire being the better faction because, I would say, about 80% of the superstar players that play Imperial toons are in that guild. It creates a concentrated focus on that guild tag due to their massive amount of talented players within their ranks, while many solo quers on the Impside develop a "the Republic is so much better" mentality simply because there is no single guild for them to focus on as the Republic players can do with GD. How many pugs and soloquers complain about Infamous, DoA, or even ASB premades? None that aren't regulars to the 50 PvP zone will be complaining, simply because the new players label the Republic as the better faction because of the fact that the diversity of talent is spead out so well amongst multiple guild. I have done my fair share of bashing of Imperial pugs and newbs, but half of the time, I bash people not because they aren't competent or decent players, but because they can not compete against the team we are facing. And then when looked it, the difference between the two sides is made clear when they try to explain why the other faction team is better. The Imps, will only see "better Republic players" simply because the amount of good players on the other team could belong to Infamous, DoA, and ASB. While the Pubs, will only see "Grim Determination" as the reason for losing a match most of the time.

And personally, despite how I am very good friends with many people in GD and how I respect their community, I would ultimately claim that guild is the reason why the Empire is weaker than the Republic in terms of PvP. As a community, the Republic has become better overall because of the fact that there is no concentration of PvP power. It is spread across a multitude of guilds, giving a chance for almost anyone to rise up and at least compete. How happy do you believe most people in WZs on the Republic side feel if they do not see a single GD tag underneath a player's name? Pretty good, I would bet, and 90% of the time, Imperials will lose a match without a GD player in the ranks.

That, is a problem. The monoply has extended past premades to the point where even the solo quers in that guild hold so much weight behind their tag, and can ultimately impact the mentality of most players. It is ultimately a mentality that has brought the Imperials down as a whole and why I honestly believe the Republic is the dominant faction. And it doesn't stop there, because the same thing can be said about the PvE side of the game as well, where the diversity is clear in the Republic while everyone on the Imperial side can point to one monopoly that is successful in terms of raiding: Soverign.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with what these guilds have done and I would never criticize them for forming these monopolies. GD has expanded in a way that I would have loved to see my guild grown into, and no one can claim it is wrong for them to have gained this insane amount of success simply because they grew so well under the circumstances that this faction naturally created. Yet this concentration of success has developed a mentality as an entire faction where if you are not part of the monopoly, you are most likely not successful. It creates a negative outlook for the soloqueing pugs we have, and it ultimately could be a major factor on why we have not improved as well as we could have as a faction. And we can not call for a split in GD, simply because they have done nothing wrong and should not split their community at all in order to create a more diverse seperation of PvP dominance.

It is up to the Imps to create challengers, to create a more diverse set of guilds within our faction to change the blame of loss from "Grim Determination" to "Better Imperials". But until the Grim Determination monopoly has been "defeated", no amount of progress will change the dominance the Republic has over the Empire. It's not their fault, and there is no malice at all to the guild and what it stands for.

It just simply is what it is, and the Imps need to change that concentration of power in order to become truly even with the Republic.

-Zuhara

hulcalan
03.23.2013 , 12:49 AM | #16
Nice post zu!

I agree, it is hard to recruit with grim being so big. I have, in many cases, had this happen to me: "I don't want to join just yet I'm on Grim's waiting list." I just chuckle and laugh at this but it is sad that many people would rather wait to be in that guild, which mind you is great. But, ultimately this line of thinking, as well, ruins their progress as a team PvP'er.

Whatevers though we have changed our recruitment process because of this. Slow and steady wins the race!
Herro-Kitteh HulcalanCheezeburger

PoliteAssasin
03.23.2013 , 12:57 AM | #17
Sorry Zulu but I have to disagree with you on that. Back when Shadowfury was around I can assure you we didn't need a grim member to beat pubs, especially premades from doa, asb and infamous. The same is true for Retaliation. And that's just speaking of the guilds I'm in. You also have Revenge and Black Sun Rising that have plenty of good players and competitive premades. The only difference between these guilds and Grim is that grim just happened to absorb all of the old pvp guilds from the imp side. They may have a lot of players, but there are only a handful in there that are actually good and have an impact on a match, just like any other guild. Back when the server transfers brought all of us together, imp side was the dominant pvp faction. It was only when the numerous guilds fell apart that the pubs began to win warzones. Grim absorbed many of the remnants from the guilds, and now old members are starting to come back making the imp side stronger. Pub side is starting to go through the same decline imp side did back then. The only pvp guild I've seen around lately from the pubs is infamous, but even then their presence isn't enough to make up for the lack of DoA and ASB. Right now I would say the faction balance is about even, whereas about a month or two you could say pubs were the dominant. But as I outlined earlier imps are showing signs of making a comeback, so I wouldn't count them out just yet. Gonna go back to the glory days.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

JenseitsvonBose
03.23.2013 , 01:20 AM | #18
Don't forget about "Not Ascension Strikes Back," which is unaffiliated with Ascension Strikes Back in every way.
Jenseitsvonbose | Gunsmoke | Mcroyal
Shortbus - Resident Tendon Blaster - "What's a CC?"

J_Fred
03.23.2013 , 01:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Sorry Zulu but I have to disagree with you on that. Back when Shadowfury was around I can assure you we didn't need a grim member to beat pubs, especially premades from doa, asb and infamous. The same is true for Retaliation. And that's just speaking of the guilds I'm in. You also have Revenge and Black Sun Rising that have plenty of good players and competitive premades. The only difference between these guilds and Grim is that grim just happened to absorb all of the old pvp guilds from the imp side. They may have a lot of players, but there are only a handful in there that are actually good and have an impact on a match, just like any other guild. Back when the server transfers brought all of us together, imp side was the dominant pvp faction. It was only when the numerous guilds fell apart that the pubs began to win warzones. Grim absorbed many of the remnants from the guilds, and now old members are starting to come back making the imp side stronger. Pub side is starting to go through the same decline imp side did back then. The only pvp guild I've seen around lately from the pubs is infamous, but even then their presence isn't enough to make up for the lack of DoA and ASB. Right now I would say the faction balance is about even, whereas about a month or two you could say pubs were the dominant. But as I outlined earlier imps are showing signs of making a comeback, so I wouldn't count them out just yet. Gonna go back to the glory days.
This, and don't count out Faceroll Syndicate, they seem to be headed in the right direction pvpwise as well.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

PoliteAssasin
03.23.2013 , 02:40 AM | #20
Ah I knew I forgot another guild. Thanks.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!