Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[VIDEO] Commando Healing Vid (Pot5)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[VIDEO] Commando Healing Vid (Pot5)

Jaiyne's Avatar


Jaiyne
03.21.2013 , 10:52 PM | #11
You did a really nice job - both playing and on the vid
*Saeya*Shiva**Jaiyne*India*Syarae*

on some dead servers atm

Polymerize's Avatar


Polymerize
03.22.2013 , 01:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiyne View Post
You did a really nice job - both playing and on the vid
Agreed.

skotish's Avatar


skotish
03.22.2013 , 02:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
Have been making videos lately of some of my characters for people wondering about how I play certain classes. For those who are interested in some basic commando healer tips. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUM8JUBBxGM

Comments, gripes, trolls, flames, what-not welcome. =)
Played it great was a very good video as well getting a guard is a blessing for a merc heals ain't it hehe
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

skotish's Avatar


skotish
03.22.2013 , 02:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
I'm considering investing into Fraps. My internet is neither sup-par nor exceptionally good.

I do not have any fancy recording devices.

Would I be able to put out 720p videos like yourself with just downloading Fraps and a recording outlet?
Don't invest in nothing get a program called msi afterburner it does the lot and costs nothing
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

robotkar's Avatar


robotkar
03.22.2013 , 04:24 AM | #15
nice job, even as a commando. However maxed Expertise is pointless right now. 1050 for a healer is enough.

Too bad commando didn't get some luv in the past couple of months. It is far the worst healer in the game.

meanwhile you can do 1000-1400hps on a RWZ with a sorc/operative, this figure will be like 700-900 with a merc
shame...not to mention the survivalability.

I would give some buff, such as preventative medice gives dmg redo instead of armor rating, and you could stack a buff up to 3 with hammer shot which would give you extra 9% crit chance on the next heal

too OP?
Marsellus Wallace <HUN>
I want my rancors back
SWTOR Open PvP Concept - Faction Base System, Please /SIGN

Ravashakk's Avatar


Ravashakk
03.22.2013 , 05:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by robotkar View Post
nice job, even as a commando. However maxed Expertise is pointless right now. 1050 for a healer is enough.
No one listen to this. This guy either puts way too much importance on endurance or hasn't done the math himself.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

dalin's Avatar


dalin
03.22.2013 , 05:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
Have been making videos lately of some of my characters for people wondering about how I play certain classes. For those who are interested in some basic commando healer tips. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUM8JUBBxGM

Comments, gripes, trolls, flames, what-not welcome. =)
Great Vid. I think I've been in a game or two with you on my Slinger a few weeks ago. If I run into ya again, I'm going to make sure to spec Sab and keep AoE under you. The ultimate peel is a AoE killzone.
TEH:

<Jensaarai>

Felora

<Anathema>

Vibro/Alash

Goshik's Avatar


Goshik
03.22.2013 , 06:44 AM | #18
Pretty good, my first character was a CM and since I've played him I've also made a scoundrel healer and sage healer. Commando is still my favorite though, the single target heals are just so powerful. As a CM we can bring players from the brink of death much quicker than any of the other healers (MP>BI>AMP>MP> = InstaFullHealth) that's my opinion though. The flexibility and cheap cost of ammo for Kolto Bomb is amazing as well.

Your healing style is great, I think were about the same in terms of heal output. I never use adrenaline rush though so I feel inspired now and will start doing that. I also like how you strained on the importance of Kolto Bomb (so instrumental). Your positioning was also pretty much perfect, always in the fight but always in the back; which is ideal because then the enemy doesn't single you out as a healer (unlike sages/scoundrels which stay on the fringe because of their low armor ratings).

One thing I would recommend: Keep your resource high. Don't use Super Charge Cells so sparingly; it's not an emergency ability, neither is Bacta Infusion. Use them when you have them; they will be vital in keeping your resource high considering SCC restores 1 ammo and also increases your healing making you use less ammo to keep team mates alive plus it gives the benefactors of Kolto Bomb a shield! That in itself will save you so much ammo. BI is a free AMP, basically, and on a 21 sec CD it will help more so than it will hurt to use it often.

Other than that, personally my "emergency heal" is a combo of just Tech Overide+MP; BI just doesn't have as much kick to constitute as an emergency heal. That way I'm giving my skills more utility because I'm using them all over the entire course of the battle and not in little segments. This will give you more flexibility to work with.

Granted my healing isn't as "bursty" as yours but as a result of my techniques my ammo reserve always stays a little half over keeping the resource rate high. This way my healing output is constant over the entire duration of the battle and when the pressure is on I'll use my Recharge Cells and steward my ammo even more so. My way is certainly not a better style of healing but it is more easy on the ammo. All a matter of preference though I suppose.

Good vid, I think I might make one too!

EDIT: Another note on SCC (10 Sec)

SSC AMP
1.3*8 =10.4 Sec = 8 AMP Casts * (884~948 Healing Done) = 7072~7584

SSC AMP>MP (Repeat)
1.3+1.7+1.3+1.7+1.3+1.3 = 10.3 Sec = (4 AMP Casts*(884~948)) + (3 MP Casts (1253~1317)) = 7295~7743

The difference is somewhat minuscule which can be agreed on; BUT since I went back over your video and saw that you stack surge/power I think your healing output would benefit much greater if you use AMP>MP repeatedly. This is because when you critical on your MP your surge will widen the gap between the two combos to a higher degree than above. Not to mention that if you just spam AMP during an SSC and you were to be interrupted...well I'm sure you've been there. It's better to lose MP during SSC than lose AMP.
Rakish: Lv.55 Combat Medic

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
03.22.2013 , 07:33 AM | #19
@ GOSHIK

Thats great advice goshik, and I actually do use supercharge gas to get some ammo regen faster from time to time. However this was a very close match, and as you can see in the video, almost every time I was saving supercharge cells, I NEEDED to use it on someone shortly there after. But in matches that aren't so close, where I have time to relax a little more, I do use that tactic that you said.

I'll be honest, I think this video was one of my better action management videos as well. There have been times where I'm running dry most of the match haha.

I'd love to see more people post some tutorial videos like this. I think they are fun =)

Thanks again for the comments and compliments guys. Some of them are really funny.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Goshik's Avatar


Goshik
03.22.2013 , 07:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
@ GOSHIK

Thats great advice goshik, and I actually do use supercharge gas to get some ammo regen faster from time to time. However this was a very close match, and as you can see in the video, almost every time I was saving supercharge cells, I NEEDED to use it on someone shortly there after. But in matches that aren't so close, where I have time to relax a little more, I do use that tactic that you said.

I'll be honest, I think this video was one of my better action management videos as well. There have been times where I'm running dry most of the match haha.

I'd love to see more people post some tutorial videos like this. I think they are fun =)

Thanks again for the comments and compliments guys. Some of them are really funny.
I anticipated as much. While picking apart your video I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt on couple things since no battle is ever perfect; we can only be conscious of so much at a time after all. So I wasn't going to mention the early CC break or that you say you put Trama Probe on others besides yourself. I hope you wouldn't do since it would be a waste of the 2 points of your Front-Line Medic talent; which luckily you didn't do as you had TP on your 3/4 of the match.

A question also: Why don't you have Treated Wound Dressing and Iron Sights fully talented? They seem to be a standard with any Commando build. Also, I would think you'd favor Bacta Residue since you are a promoter of the Kolto Bomb.

There is nothing wrong with your build in the least bit but I was just wondering.
Rakish: Lv.55 Combat Medic