Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear is for wussies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gear is for wussies

ubermouth
03.21.2013 , 06:55 PM | #1
Would love a pvp wz where gear stats are null.
Winning would be more dependent on skill, tactics etc.
Also an objective based pug wz with none of the boring stats. Just a winner and a loser. People interested in farming numbers can queue for the other wz.
I know intelligent getting can be fun, and min/maxing allows for variation in build viability for certain tactical goals/play-styles, but it also just seems sort of like people hate rated because of the vast differences in gear.
Grind it like the rest of us, I guess is what you'll all say.

biowareftw
03.21.2013 , 07:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ubermouth View Post
Would love a pvp wz where gear stats are null.
Winning would be more dependent on skill, tactics etc.
Also an objective based pug wz with none of the boring stats. Just a winner and a loser. People interested in farming numbers can queue for the other wz.
I know intelligent getting can be fun, and min/maxing allows for variation in build viability for certain tactical goals/play-styles, but it also just seems sort of like people hate rated because of the vast differences in gear.
Grind it like the rest of us, I guess is what you'll all say.
The gear grind is all downhill after your first char.

Hint: get legacy gree gear and get 5 pcs from doing pvp dailies on your "main/mains". On the alt get 2750 coms before rank 40/level 40 on alt. Turn those all into ranked coms at 40. Pvp from 40-45. Be completely geared at 50 or so close to it, that it doesn't matter. Repeat. Grats you can now play multiple characters.

This is the most alt friendly game I have played. I can play my shadow, sniper, marauder, scoundrel all min maxed.

Another Hint. The scoundre/op pvp bonus blows (dps set). So use the sniper/slingers gear. Grats. 2 for 1 gear set with gree daily gear.

First character might be rough. After that it is smooth sailing.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

ubermouth
03.21.2013 , 07:28 PM | #3
Thank you for the tips. I will use them int the interim till they give some of us the option of gear-null wz.
I just care about playing well. I hate gear atm, so tedious.

Polymerize
03.21.2013 , 08:41 PM | #4
Once again, I hold a similar mindset. Lulz.

BambulaGTS
03.22.2013 , 03:59 AM | #5
But then u need everyone has same abilities, same talents, or just have none, cause different specs require different approaches to stats.

And how will you play in different abilities and talent trees environment without gear or with default stats/normalized stats?

Arlanon
03.22.2013 , 11:44 AM | #6
this thread is for wussies

how about we add a pve bolster so i can run hm ops in my battlemaster gear

cub-lover
03.22.2013 , 12:14 PM | #7
i agree with the OP, pvp shouldnt be gear dependant and mroe skill dependant, ive been against PVP gear sicne day one

Capt_Beers
03.22.2013 , 12:19 PM | #8
Smashers will dominate as they are the only class that has an auto crit and damage increase in the magnitude they do 100% tied to abilities.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 12:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
this thread is for wussies

how about we add a pve bolster so i can run hm ops in my battlemaster gear
that would be nice.
up the skill req.
welcomed opportunity.

ubermouth
03.22.2013 , 12:30 PM | #10
i'd still welcome the opportunity.
no class is unbeatable
you dont need smashers to beat smashers

Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Smashers will dominate as they are the only class that has an auto crit and damage increase in the magnitude they do 100% tied to abilities.