Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

oflow
12.21.2011 , 06:07 PM | #41
thanks for the good post.
<Founder>

Kardoo
12.21.2011 , 06:39 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Felene View Post
All stun fill up 1/2 bar and all mezz fill up 3/4 of the bar, same for Knockback.

Once resolve bar is white the only cc that still can effect is snare and/or the last stun player take.
Not quite true. The Smuggler Scoundrel "sap"-like ability (I think "tranquilize" or so?) and the opening stun ("Knockout") both fill-up the resolve bar all the way to white. So different abilities will fill the resolve bar differently.

Flomasta
12.21.2011 , 06:41 PM | #43
Very helpful post on warzone vs 8 sith inq.

Ellandess
12.21.2011 , 08:10 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Kardoo View Post
Not quite true. The Smuggler Scoundrel "sap"-like ability (I think "tranquilize" or so?) and the opening stun ("Knockout") both fill-up the resolve bar all the way to white. So different abilities will fill the resolve bar differently.
Absolutely true at the present time. Both scoundrel stuns fill the resolve bar 100% on each use.

Purrt
12.21.2011 , 10:18 PM | #45
Well done mate! nice work.

Dentzu
12.21.2011 , 10:44 PM | #46
I have to point something out, here. Resolve does not always work properly, and on top of that, half a resolve bar will not stop you from sitting in 8+ seconds of CC. I've had my resolve bar full and still sat in full duration CCs, it's a problem.

Furthermore, CC DR's are pretty damn important. Even with resolve, you could be sitting in 12+ seconds of CC before it kicks in, which is a long enough time for my smuggler to take out two of your (apparently unawares) buddies. An easy fix to this would be reducing the cooldown on the CC break to 45 seconds, allowing the resolve function to perform it's intended function and allowing your CC break to work in a similar fashion as DR timers.

Narvakhan
12.21.2011 , 10:51 PM | #47
I am a complainer of the Resolve and of the sheer amount of CC (all types) available, based 100% on my fear of getting a WOW 2.0 pvp arms race problem. I am going to take everything you have said and test it, because I know as a Jedi Knight Guardian (tank) my frustration is very high. At level 31 (rank 20) I am struggling very much as being anything in pvp as useless. I regularly have the Paladin award (as I should as tank) but feel I am leaving a lot on the table.

So I am willing to test your post because I want it to be right and I want my role in pvp to be more effective. So thank you.
Narva Khan | Brehon
Lord Commander of Unconquered & Old Man of the Galactic Underground
Guild HQ | Unconquered / Forum | Tune In To Bootleg Today! | Twitter

heinywb
12.22.2011 , 12:22 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Lymain View Post
Must be an intermittent bug or one with your specific class/character because I'm never CC'd (besides snares) after my bar goes white on my Juggernaut. As the guide says, the CC that turns it white still takes effect, but nothing after that does.
Its not just me or my class and its not intermittant. There are several of us in my guild seeing the same issue. We have been leveling in warzones and only doing the class quests since about lvl 15. couple of us are now in our 30s. We all see the same issue. resolve bar is ticking down so we are well within the immunity period and then comes the harlem shake. if i knew how id make and post a video. if it clears up or changes in the next couple of weeks/days ill report back to this thread.

getdownsb
12.22.2011 , 04:36 PM | #49
The fact that this common sense information is a "sticky" is testament to the inability of the general user base to use their brain. Seriously, this type of stuff is general gaming knowledge. If you can think beyond facerolling your keyboard you already know all of these things.

Secondly, resolve still needs tweaking. This game is heavily CC centric which is surprising for a title that claimed to have solved the "CC Problem" in MMOs.
Rincon
Helm of Graush

Strangewayes
12.23.2011 , 03:54 AM | #50
Good read.

Most of the tactics are common knowledge, but it did clarify some uncertainties I had with the resolve bar, so thanks for that.

One question though. If I pop "Hold the Line" (which gives me an 8 second immunity to roots, snares, stuns, knockdowns and the kitchen sink) and someone throws CC at me, does my resolve bar fill up? or does it only fill if the CC actually hits?

And now for a raving rant on the CC-QQ:

45s CD on CC breaker? Are you guys nuts? Worst idea ever.
CC is an integral part of ORGANIZED PvP tactics. Yes if you're zerging around a warfront with randoms, CC is a *****, but if you roll as an organized group, proper CC is very important.

A 2min CD is fine. Let's leave it at that. Certain classes played without skill or tactics would definitely benefit from a CC less world, but even they can benefit from good CC, and by gaming the system right.
Strangewayes
Radiant Knights

swtor.radiantknights.co.uk