Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

alderdale
04.05.2012 , 06:24 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by JackBurden View Post
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. The thing is, the more people are attacking me at the same time, the more CCs they use. The more CCs they use, the faster they make my resolve full. It actually takes them to throw 2-3 stuns at me to fill the bar, at which point I use my CC-break, pop up defensive CDs, use a WZ stimpack and do whatever I will for the next 15-20 secs. After that I might die, yes. Or they might die. And when we meet again, my CC-breaker is off CD again. I used this tactics a lot of times to score in Huttball, it never failed me.

And really, what's the deal with that being dead instantly? I play as one of the squishiest classes (scoundrel), and yet fully BM-geared I survive long enough to LoS successfully or to shake the attackers off when need be. Bioware put so much effort into making PvP "longer" in SWTOR that it's not even a problem anymore to survive unless focused by most of the enemies' team.
its not 15 or 20 secs after resolve fills its about 10 and during the 10 secs you are still able to be stuned interupted and knocked back at that point your resolve bar is reset and it starts all over again.

Baredevil
04.05.2012 , 08:19 PM | #402
I prefer the effectiveness of stuns to diminish as they are used more frequently as opposed to always being stunned for the full duration every time I am stunned. If a stealther opens on my sorcerer with my cc break on cd, I just can't recover from two consecutive stuns of 4+ seconds.

Scerion
04.06.2012 , 11:08 AM | #403
It's pretty obvious resolve is totally useless. The whole pvp system is a joke really. 2 people can easily stunlock 1 to death. In some cases, 1 player pretty much can. PVP is no fun at all - I just AFK for the free cash and XP when I can't be bothered to quest.

SerikFox
04.06.2012 , 11:16 AM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by Baredevil View Post
I prefer the effectiveness of stuns to diminish as they are used more frequently as opposed to always being stunned for the full duration every time I am stunned. If a stealther opens on my sorcerer with my cc break on cd, I just can't recover from two consecutive stuns of 4+ seconds.
This. I like this.

ehryk
04.08.2012 , 03:25 PM | #405
Allrighty, the OPs guide is so full of sh... crap, it aint funny. With full resolve, I was repeatedly CCd (often chain CC) until dead. I do not pay to sit with my thumb up my *** waiting to die. I pay to PLAY. I quit DAoC in the old "stunguard" days and this is just as bad. I will quit this game over this as well. No, you can't have my stuff, FOAD. If you are such a suck player you need to use CC, thats just sad, L2P without forcing others not to be able to. Remove all CC until you fix resolve. Maybe people will realize they dont need CC afterall.

TwitchWINs
04.09.2012 , 03:31 AM | #406
GJ funny thing is most people actualy need this
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

nebulas
04.09.2012 , 12:00 PM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by ehryk View Post
Allrighty, the OPs guide is so full of sh... crap, it aint funny. With full resolve, I was repeatedly CCd (often chain CC) until dead. I do not pay to sit with my thumb up my *** waiting to die. I pay to PLAY. I quit DAoC in the old "stunguard" days and this is just as bad. I will quit this game over this as well. No, you can't have my stuff, FOAD. If you are such a suck player you need to use CC, thats just sad, L2P without forcing others not to be able to. Remove all CC until you fix resolve. Maybe people will realize they dont need CC afterall.
As all dedicated Republic players know by now Bioware plays Empire. Free valor for Imp's, working turrets in Ilum, generally OP Impirial stats, no timer on Bounty Hunter attacks that are comparable to Trooper Mortar Volley that has a timed activation, and a resolve bar that works for Empire and is totally useless for Republic.

Read the OP. Know the what they are saying, also know that what they are saying is full of **** for Rep. I'm fully geared Battlemaster and watch myself get chain stunned to death with full resolve bar. Also watch Imp's run straight through my Harpoon and Cryo without full resolve. And this is balanced how?

I know these things are being addressed with 1.2 but please, I know so many that have already left because of the **** PvP offered with release that I really hope with rated WZ's coming you have done a better effort at balancing things before offering.

I may sound like I'm winging and so be it, but I don't run with an Imp character I'm Rep all the way. I've got to a stage that I'm proud of my DPS Vanguard and whilst probably not the best on my PvP server I like to think I work hard ( not 1 button spamming) to get reasonable results. All I want is a reasonably level playing field before rated. ( I know Rep will always be underdog lol). Just don't make it such a grind.

Luck to all and looking forward to future changes.
INSURGENCE
Republic Oceanic PVP/PVE Guild

Website OceanicPvP Twitter / Facebook GHQ
Oceanic Realm?

Baron_Samedi
04.12.2012 , 04:16 AM | #408
As I stated here once or twice - strange, people didn't answer - sometimes I break Awe in front of Imps that do not have reslove bar... but they are NOT stunned!

Is it because sometimes I break awe while I am moving? But then it is not fair! Because I use it, it goes on cd, and produces no effect!

Or implement that a character is stopped in the second of using Awe, just like using Force Push!

Tiber_Septim
04.12.2012 , 04:43 AM | #409
This resolve system is still rather garbage, treating snares, mezzes and stuns with pretty much the same importance. You still die to an equal geared operative by the time you're white no matter where you use your ability.

FromAbove
04.14.2012 , 07:14 PM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by kunahmatata View Post
im done with this game because of cc. i have tried to give it a go ya know, i know how cc works, i know use your cc break when u have full resolve, etc. im a 65 rank valor jugg, so not the best, but i have done my share of wzs, and when i go thru 3 full resolve bars, yes 3, and not even moving half way up 1 side, thats bullcrap. that they can root and slow me that much, that when my resolve ticks down and i have stun imm, i still cant move? 3 freaking full resolve bars, and moving i didnt even make it to the start of their ramps, from ours going thru 3 full resolve cycles, freaking crap, sorry for the run on sentence, but u lost another customer due to this bull.

and to the whole pass thing, before u get on about that, same thing happens to that dude, im the only one on the team who can handle that much of a beating without dying.
I think your post proves why CC is an essential part of the game. If you couldn't be repetitively stunned, that ability you have to take a beating would make tanks literally unstoppable while carrying the ball. I often see tanks crying about getting yanked into a hazard and stunned-- "Wahh, that's the only way you can kill me, wahhh!" Yeah, it may well be-- because you're a tank and really hard to kill when there's a healer or two in the area.

On the other hand, I'm also in the camp that thinks the Resolve bar is usually going to be pretty useless for me so long as my stun break is on a 2 minute cool-down. I'm not sure if every class has to wait 2 minutes, but I think the cool-down should either never be more than a minute (at least in PvP) or, at the least, the ability should refresh every time the player dies in addition to the 2 minute CD. 2 minutes certainly doesn't cut it in a WZ against a team with 4 Operatives on it, and I really don't think I should have to gingerly flit around on the edges of a fire-fight trying not to be noticed because I'm a sitting duck until that cool-down wears off.