Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

Martinjwest
01.15.2012 , 09:40 AM | #201
Agreed the system does not work. It is all great putting a guide if this is how it works. But to not include snares on a timer means that you can be chained (yes CHAINED) rooted and not able to nothing. So in huttball = worthless.

And as everyman and his dog can heal in this game trying to get a healer down is impossible when it is root, run away heal. oh wait you moved stun, root run away again.

Which is also why people are complaining that the system is broken. Also even at full bar you can be stunned. Trust me

Laran
01.15.2012 , 01:03 PM | #202
So why does a republic stun fill 3/4 of the resolve bar but a sith stun only fills 1/4?

Cubert
01.15.2012 , 02:40 PM | #203
It doesn't really matter. Resolve is broken. It works....sometimes. And sometimes it doesn't at all. Yes, I'm aware that roots/snares are not affected by resolve. But after a couple of weeks of paying very close attention I find myself stunned quite often when my resolve bar was completely full. I see myself stunning others when their resolve bar is completely full. The mechanic is mostly broken. The end.

ExarDuffman
01.16.2012 , 07:23 AM | #204
Rome-fu's Broken Resolve guide more like, good guide never the less, just a shame that resolve is actually broken.

Resolve = Borked.

Equitas_Vindex
01.16.2012 , 06:53 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Cubert View Post
It doesn't really matter. Resolve is broken. It works....sometimes. And sometimes it doesn't at all. Yes, I'm aware that roots/snares are not affected by resolve. But after a couple of weeks of paying very close attention I find myself stunned quite often when my resolve bar was completely full. I see myself stunning others when their resolve bar is completely full. The mechanic is mostly broken. The end.
Yep. What you just said.

Plus, I've watched while in a single combat, the resolve bar trickle down from completely full (and, in fact, doing its job of blocking some stuns) to bottom. Combat wasn't broken, etc etc, it just gave out.

*shrug* Then again, maybe I missed the part where after so many stuns blocked, you lose your resolve.
Scalpels Pulsefinder - SW:TOR
Alliance Strike Team
"You stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face."

Nuriii
01.17.2012 , 01:24 AM | #207
Resolve is trash, its pretty much the lazy mans way to do DR. WoW had it right this crap doesnt work, I see people with half resolve and you can't stun them. You can still get snared an unlimited number of times with a full resolve bar. Its a broken and horrible system and should be changed.

But who am I kidding it wont ever be changed. Because it would seem this game prefers to be different for the sake of being different even if its worse... "ATLEAST ITS NOT WOW" /rolleyes

Tyrpak
01.17.2012 , 05:10 AM | #208
Ok, so I'm a melee, who gets effectively shut down with roots, that doesn't trigger resolve.
Had a BH root me in huttball, he just stood 10 meters from me, spamming tracer missile, because my cc break was not up.

Second thing: as an SW marauder, I don't have a second stun or a mez. I don't have a knockback or pull. I just have 1 stun that roots me, and "stuns" me, cause I can't do anything while it lasts. If someone sees me doing it, he can pop his cc break and be sure as hell, that I don't have any other form of cc left.

BadAsylum
01.17.2012 , 04:29 PM | #209
so today I was mezzed and my resolve bar filled but while I was still mezzed from the first stun another one hit me and triggered the resolve bar and I watched helplessly as my resolve gauge trickled away to nothing by the time I was free it was empty only to be stunned again . resolve does not work the system is broken and flawed , bottom line there is just absurd amounts of cc destroying gameplay

Linuxliam
01.18.2012 , 01:14 AM | #210
The resolve system is broken imho. It's apparent that there are many skills that pay it no mind whatsoever.

You can be stunned almost indefinitely resolve full, empty, or anywhere in between.

It's important to know what skills are effected by it. Some classes are 100% unable to stun someone with a resolve bar, while others are unaffected and may stun at will.