Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

MorgonKara
12.31.2011 , 09:20 AM | #111
I personally think that in order for resolve to really be effective it would have to grant immunity from being controlled for a few seconds after you get controlled once. As it is it doesn't really seem to stop anyone from getting chain stunned to death. But why would they want to change it? We all know how much fun it is to watch helplessly as your immobilized character gets annihilated in a hail of blaster fire.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

CommandoPower
12.31.2011 , 03:50 PM | #112
This thread being stickied is a joke. Even when resolve DOES work properly, which is hit and miss, CC can still be used to quite easily game resolve and leave someone locked down nearly the entire time.

I don't even play much melee but I feel for them. Even when it kicks in what good does 8 seconds of resolve do you when your going to spend the entire time rooted/snared?
I have faith in Bioware and Mythic to deliver a good game. I have more faith in myself to decide in an unbiased fashion whether or not it is good. Neither has any impact on the fact that I will kill you.

ltankhsd
12.31.2011 , 04:56 PM | #113
If resolve isn't officially bugged and broken then it is effectively broken because I am chain knockbacked stunned and snared all the time. Only occasionally do I see someone not get pulled when I try to grappled them but that could also be due to them getting caught on geometry. They need to take the Warhammer Online diminishing returns system as it is now and copy it over to here.

Cyndelx
12.31.2011 , 06:36 PM | #114
This thread doesn't really matter because resolve is broken. I get chain CCed with full resolve all the time. They need a real dr system not resolve.

Rizzit
01.01.2012 , 07:27 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyndelx View Post
This thread doesn't really matter because resolve is broken. I get chain CCed with full resolve all the time. They need a real dr system not resolve.
Exactly!!!

Rework Resolve and do it fast grabbing the ball in Huttball = Suicide at start.

Felnadir
01.01.2012 , 01:00 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Felnadir View Post
Resolve, Crowd Control (CC) and You

... resolve does not affect snares. So when the resolve bar fills up, one can still snare the player even to the point of zero movement. Furthermore, snaring a player does not increase his resolve bar. So use snares as often as needed without any worry. For those warriors with the ability to cause a 100% snare, remember that it will ALWAYS cause this effect. There is no immunity against it.
The resolve system does work. Yes a couple bugs do exist like the client and server may get out of sync resulting in endless cc. Again, due to the client/server not being in sync, sometimes a CC will sneak in near the beginning of a full white bar . Yes I hate these two bugs also. But the vast majority of complaints here about getting chain CC'd and snared are working as intended.

JKs and SWs have the ability to charge an opponent and cause 100% snare that gives the impression of a stun. Whether the talent that makes this into a stun actually applies regardless of resolve is a mystery to me. Someone else can test that and report, but everytime I get chain cc'd with a full resolve bar I have heard the accompanying JK/SW charge sound and seen them wacking away at me. Oftentimes, I will use overload during this moment to get them off me or push them into fire.

Again, as described in the quote above, a 100% snare is not affected by resolve. Snares are not part of the resolve system intentionally. SWTOR is a different game than whatever certain people are using as a reference. I personaly love the resolve system and believe it works well aside from the above mentioned bugs.

People on my server are well aware how much i use resolve to my advantage. They know I run the ball in regularly regardless of all their CC attempts. Ajunta Pal server for those curious: feel free to ask around for testamonials.

FYI: if your character feelslike he takes too much damage during cc, consider rerolling something tougher (like not dps).

CleverAdvisor
01.01.2012 , 08:37 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by CleverAdvisor View Post
So resolve isnt a button you push, it just activates when your bar is full?
bump.

Bainshie
01.01.2012 , 11:14 PM | #118
The problem with resolve is simple.

Takes too long to fill up.

Doesn't protect against snares.

Doesn't stop stuns chaining (AKA 8 second stun, 8 second stun 6 secs later for a 14 second stun.

One of the main reasons Sorcs are so OP are due to their 'I CONSTANT SNARE U TROLOLOLO abilities. Playing as any class that required face to face combat is frustrating.

Basically if they want to keep the (Lame) resolve system this what needs to change.

The filling of the bar depends on a mixture of damage taken while CC'd in relation to max HP (Any kind of CC, snare, mez, etc etc) and the length of the stun.

As soon as your resolve fills up, your stun breaker comes off CD. Allowing you to choose when you become CC immune. Snares are considered just as much as a CC as everything else.

Abilities are limited to one kind of CC aka: No knockback + stun, knockback + snare, DPS + snare abilities. You use your GCD for one reason only. not for everything at once.

The anti CC ability is boosted so the effect lasts for 4-5 seconds.

Kromzor
01.01.2012 , 11:23 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by CommandoPower View Post
This thread being stickied is a joke. Even when resolve DOES work properly, which is hit and miss, CC can still be used to quite easily game resolve and leave someone locked down nearly the entire time.

I don't even play much melee but I feel for them. Even when it kicks in what good does 8 seconds of resolve do you when your going to spend the entire time rooted/snared?
You forgot about knockbacks, on top of that.

Plus if your bar tics down one notch from full, and someone uses a stun on you, it wont trigger resolve. It just refills your bar for the next CC that probably isn't coming because you're going to die after eating all the previous CC.

JefferyClark
01.02.2012 , 01:09 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Felnadir View Post
JKs and SWs have the ability to charge an opponent and cause 100% snare that gives the impression of a stun. Whether the talent that makes this into a stun actually applies regardless of resolve is a mystery to me. Someone else can test that and report, but everytime I get chain cc'd with a full resolve bar I have heard the accompanying JK/SW charge sound and seen them wacking away at me. Oftentimes, I will use overload during this moment to get them off me or push them into fire.
The only JK stun/mez/kb/etc powers that work on other players are Force Stasis (3 sec channel and 1m cooldown) and Force Push (just a kb, no stun and 1m cooldown). Force Leap (the charge you referenced) does not cause a snare/stun/sap/whatever on anything, not even normal mobs. Force Sweep, Blade Storm, Master Strike, etc. don't do anything but damage to players. They have no stun/mez/etc affect. This is especially bad for Master Strike, as without the initial snare from it, the player can just move away from our highest damage power, since it is a channel and takes roughly 5 seconds to do.

I talked with a SW today too, and we tested things out for a while on Hoth... neither of our abilities worked on each other except force push and force stasis.... and as I said, that just doesn't cut it (especially considering the SI's endless lightning CC).