Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

Rexking
12.29.2011 , 08:31 PM | #101
Great Post. SWTOR is still young, and this encourage players to not give up easily when defeated, as all good players knows, mastery doesn't come from spamming one skill button. Each day i get to know this game is deeper than i imagined.
S.O. Trecht: "There's not a finer sight in the galaxy than gassed rebels running out of a cave into the waiting blasters of your own battalion."
S.O. Trecht: "Well-perhaps sunrises. But for those, you have to wake up early."

CommandoPower
12.29.2011 , 10:46 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by heinywb View Post
Played another 20 or so matches last night....both of these still hold true.
Played about 10, one particular match I was stunned 3 times in a row, resolve full, rooted, stunned again while resolve still running down, grappled immediately after...still with resolve, rooted, resolve empty, knocked back, mezzed, stunned, resolve full, stunned again, THEN it finally stops something.

Yes I realize rooting has no immunity.

Ironically this happened on my newest sage. I dunno how I lived as long as I did, I'm guessing because the 3 of them spent half of their time spamming CC on me, I counter CC'd best i could, and used a PVP heal charge.

Reason I was alone was I was last in the pack headed to the right gun turret . They initially CC'd me right at the dividing wall heading right and I made it within inches of the sprint power-up despite all that CC.

Still, that's alot of CC within a short amount of time for resolve to kick in ONCE at the end of it. Though honestly had they not been derps they woulda just smoked me on the spot instead of spamming CC at me. I guess it's that ingrained.
I have faith in Bioware and Mythic to deliver a good game. I have more faith in myself to decide in an unbiased fashion whether or not it is good. Neither has any impact on the fact that I will kill you.

Sindorin
12.29.2011 , 11:41 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by BobSassafrass View Post
Excellent post, although I don't want my enemies to see this.
Too late...
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

Buchy
12.30.2011 , 02:23 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by CommandoPower View Post
Played about 10, one particular match I was stunned 3 times in a row, resolve full, rooted, stunned again while resolve still running down, grappled immediately after...still with resolve, rooted, resolve empty, knocked back, mezzed, stunned, resolve full, stunned again, THEN it finally stops something.

Yes I realize rooting has no immunity.

Ironically this happened on my newest sage. I dunno how I lived as long as I did, I'm guessing because the 3 of them spent half of their time spamming CC on me, I counter CC'd best i could, and used a PVP heal charge.

Reason I was alone was I was last in the pack headed to the right gun turret . They initially CC'd me right at the dividing wall heading right and I made it within inches of the sprint power-up despite all that CC.

Still, that's alot of CC within a short amount of time for resolve to kick in ONCE at the end of it. Though honestly had they not been derps they woulda just smoked me on the spot instead of spamming CC at me. I guess it's that ingrained.
This.

Resolve DOESN'T work. I've had my resolve bar full and still been CC'd in an 8 second stun from a Gunslinger etc.

Further to that, even when resolve does fill and do nothing, it cools down so quick that it doesn't impact a CC only 4 or 5 seconds later.

sjwho
12.30.2011 , 03:11 AM | #105
Resolve is stupid and here is why:

Lets say i throw a flashbang(8 seconds). It immidiately puts the resolve bar at full.

By the time the flashbang wears off, your resolve bar has gone down.(all you need is less than full).

Then another person throws a flashbang.
---------
what should happen:

You get less of a stun, or no stun
-----------------------------

What actually happens: You get stunned for the whole duration
--------------------------------------

Resolve isn't put in right, it "builds up" on snares and stuns, and sometimes gets full. But you can get anyone stunned/snared for the ENTIRE duration so long as their resolve bar is not 100% full.

Naevius
12.30.2011 , 01:48 PM | #106
It might be reasonable if resolve mitigated CC's at all levels, i.e. a 50% full bar provided either a 50% resist or a 50% reduction in duration.

But the current system is useless except to add an occasional fluke defense against CC.
I don't always use lightsabers, but when I do, I prefer Dos Blades ...

Narvakhan
12.30.2011 , 05:38 PM | #107
While most of the post is accurate, after taking it and testing it over and over again (I waited until it was non prime time because I was simply testing skills and certainly not helping) and the simple fact is Resolve is 50/50. In one case, not only did Resolve, completely full, fail, but it actually started to reduce as I was being force choked.

Fu any input on that while I continue testing?
Narva Khan | Brehon
Lord Commander of Unconquered & Old Man of the Galactic Underground
Guild HQ | Unconquered / Forum | Tune In To Bootleg Today! | Twitter

Lightmgl
12.30.2011 , 07:19 PM | #108
Yeah this talks about how resolve is "supposed" to work but in actually most of the time it just doesn't work. If a full bar is supposed to be immunity, it never actually happens. I've been chain stunned quite a few times with a full bar and it really pisses me off.

It builds too slowly, it provides no resistance until it is full, and when it is full it is about a 50/50 shot for either fully resisting a knockback/cc or taking the full duration.

We complained about this all through beta too and it went unaddressed. I don't even think Bioware cares. What it really comes down to is that there needs to be immediate diminishing returns on CC from 0 to 100 and full immunity at 100 for a couple of seconds.

Atrox
12.30.2011 , 07:20 PM | #109
Resolve Guide: It fails. Enjoy being CC'd forever. The end.
Raijin - SI Assassin
Delacroix - IA Operative
Evil inside.

CleverAdvisor
12.31.2011 , 05:43 AM | #110
So resolve isnt a button you push, it just activates when your bar is full?