Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Round-Up: March 21st, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Round-Up: March 21st, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NLxAROSA
03.24.2013 , 03:26 AM | #21
Great to read these community updates. I wish there were community-driven events on my server (Red Eclipse). Perhaps time to start one then. It shows clearly that a game is just as fun as you make it.

Rincewend
03.24.2013 , 07:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesphin View Post
Maybe EA could hire a french/german community manager. Just an advice, it might be a good start...

There have been several issues on french forum lately and absolutly no reaction from Bioware. This has to be adressed quickly.
There is a good idea, if you guys EA really want this game to stay around, I would suggest this. Other countries do play your game and even though the whole world does seem to focus on learning English most prefer to relax in their native tongue.

crustytrooper
03.25.2013 , 04:45 AM | #23
STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Security Keys - Lets Get Organized, and manage them ourselves

TangledDruid
Old 02.15.2013 , 04:10 AM | #1
Report Post Quote
Security Keys are a great idea. I use them in various forms everyday.
Having no control over them is foolish.

We should be able to add/remove security keys by answering secret questions and responding to an email. We should only have to *phone* CS if we can neither answer our questions, provide a key, or prove we have access to our email account. - any two of those should be sufficient to replace/update the third.

Change email - what is your key
Change key - answer this question we just emailed you
Change question - what is your key

CrazyCanukk
Old 02.19.2013 , 02:39 PM | #2
Report Post Quote
I can't agree more.

As long as there are checks and balances in place to ensure the key is being modified or removed by the account holder then we should have control over them after registration.

Swtor customer service isn't well known for speedy responses..more then enough stories of 1 month Plus on tickets and 1-2 hour waits on hold if your on the phone ( i will recognize some people get shorter just saying there are MANY complaints) ..

And waiting 2 hours on the phone (if you even have that much patience) or too long to remove a Security key or add a new one..or change one because you got a new phone..etc.. is just unacceptable.

i mean we have up to 5 security questions that can be asked to verify who we are.
Twitchtv channel: http://www.twitch.tv/crazycanukk
Twitter: @Crazycanukk
Server: Shadowlands

crustytrooper
Old Today , 11:25 AM | #3
Edit Report Post Quote
Can't agree more I don't have the money to sit on hold for 2hr when calling from Australia we had a number once and you took it away so pls make security keys so that we can remove and apply them they have been doing it on World of Warcraft for years and they have no trouble

AlrikFassbauer
03.25.2013 , 10:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by nicosand View Post
Just an advice, how about you germans and french LEARN ENGLISH!!!
Is this an troll attempt ?
Or is this an outburst of Nationalism ?

Anyway, you are now on my ignore list.

XEEVA
03.26.2013 , 07:01 PM | #25
My suggestion(s) for the next round-up as follows

1. A review of the hundreds of players that are leaving the game due to the announcement of forced APAC to US server mergers. 75% of the APAC community have stated that they will leave the game (statistics taken from an online poll)

2. The multiple threads across many forums from very unhappy APAC customers asking for the decision to be changed. 92% of the APAC community have requested an APAC server merge and 0% have requested an APAC to US merge (statistics taken from an online poll)

I think that these are the only 2 things that should be highlighted, since this is a community round-up. The APAC community is extremely annoyed and this decision is going force many players to leave this game
AgentSith-MDN
Officer <EPIDEMIC> The Harbinger
65 Jugg Xeeva | 65 Mara Stabbie-MDN | 65 Sin Bluwaffle | 65 Sorc XeevA
65 Merc Xeeana | 65 PT FatSlob | 65 OP GoodDay-MDN | 65 Sniper AgentSith-MDN

65 Slinger WhiteStar-MDN | 65 Sage IŠonŠ | 65 Knight Sweep'er

Obiraysbrother
03.26.2013 , 07:04 PM | #26
Could you please be real with the APAC community. From counting numbers it seems that We could have easily had 1 server especially when people on dalborra were happy with their server as it is. I believe you were comparing the population to the current US servers which even we know won't ever come close to being the same.

With the amount of people unsubscribing right now - would it have hurt to merge everyone into 1 server? All the subscriptions you could have kept would have paid for the server. Also Keep in mind that no one gave a crap about their server type, just because 10 people mentioned it it doesn't then become a factor in your decision making. I understand that in another years time that the merged server could then become dead and then you could shut it down, but you acted too prematurely and shut the APAC community down a year too early.

We are now starting a thread to pay and support our own APAC server... I believe bioware won't support it for the pure fact that if it works out then it will make bioware look terrible because they gave up on it.

And the last question I'm going to add is... Did you think to just cut all the costs for the APAC community and settle to keep 20% of the players so that's a 20% bonus added to the US server?

EDIT: to try and be more constructive and rather that going for explanations I'm going to ask a question everyone wants to know at this stage... what do we have to do to have 1 APAC server?

I would appreciate a full response. Thank you

laz_AU
03.26.2013 , 08:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Obiraysbrother View Post
Could you please be real with the APAC community. From counting numbers it seems that We could have easily had 1 server especially when people on dalborra were happy with their server as it is. I believe you were comparing the population to the current US servers which even we know won't ever come close to being the same.

With the amount of people unsubscribing right now - would it have hurt to merge everyone into 1 server? All the subscriptions you could have kept would have paid for the server. Also Keep in mind that no one gave a crap about their server type, just because 10 people mentioned it it doesn't then become a factor in your decision making. I understand that in another years time that the merged server could then become dead and then you could shut it down, but you acted too prematurely and shut the APAC community down a year too early.

We are now starting a thread to pay and support our own APAC server... I believe bioware won't support it for the pure fact that if it works out then it will make bioware look terrible because they gave up on it.

And the last question I'm going to add is... Did you think to just cut all the costs for the APAC community and settle to keep 20% of the players so that's a 20% bonus added to the US server?

EDIT: to try and be more constructive and rather that going for explanations I'm going to ask a question everyone wants to know at this stage... what do we have to do to have 1 APAC server?

I would appreciate a full response. Thank you
This.
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

rasitlinmajer
03.26.2013 , 11:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by XEEVA View Post
My suggestion(s) for the next round-up as follows

1. A review of the hundreds of players that are leaving the game due to the announcement of forced APAC to US server mergers. 75% of the APAC community have stated that they will leave the game (statistics taken from an online poll)

2. The multiple threads across many forums from very unhappy APAC customers asking for the decision to be changed. 92% of the APAC community have requested an APAC server merge and 0% have requested an APAC to US merge (statistics taken from an online poll)

I think that these are the only 2 things that should be highlighted, since this is a community round-up. The APAC community is extremely annoyed and this decision is going force many players to leave this game
well said Xeeva
pls stop the merger guys, have some brains and lessen to your subs

BovineDeath
03.27.2013 , 12:19 AM | #29
Perhaps you could interview your Chief Executive of Bad Decisions about why he hates the APAC community with such a terminal intensity, and why we can't have a single server instead of being dumped into American servers.
Petition to merge APAC servers, not remove them: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

Rincewend
03.27.2013 , 02:04 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BovineDeath View Post
Perhaps you could interview your Chief Executive of Bad Decisions about why he hates the APAC community with such a terminal intensity, and why we can't have a single server instead of being dumped into American servers.
CEO quit/pushed out depending on how you read it last week. But seems he is still effecting us. Would love to hear what you plan to do to improve connections if they are moving APAC people to NA? At the current ping and server spikes pve/pvp is not playable. I have run threw the tests, and I am not a light skirt when it comes to systems on a average day I have my hands in 30+ computers/servers/workstations/blades. There is something seriously wrong on your side if it is engine or the host you hired.