Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Round-Up: March 21st, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Round-Up: March 21st, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.22.2013 , 11:25 AM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesphin View Post
I'm glad to see there is life in the US community. I have a question for you Courtney, why can't we have community rounds up on french and german forums? Don't we pay the same price? (even more actually with EU/Dollar change) Are we not the same customers? We were told we were...
Hey Kesphin,

The reason we only do the Community Round-Up in English is that it is a personal project of mine and unfortunately, I only speak English. Even if we translated the blog, we would still be pointing to English threads. I would like to note that in the past there has never been a French or German Community Round-Up. But we can continue to look into avenues of how we could do a Round-Up for the French and German communities in the future.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kesphin
03.22.2013 , 11:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
But we can continue to look into avenues of how we could do a Round-Up for the French and German communities in the future.
Maybe EA could hire a french/german community manager. Just an advice, it might be a good start...

There have been several issues on french forum lately and absolutly no reaction from Bioware. This has to be adressed quickly.

nicosand
03.22.2013 , 12:20 PM | #13
Just an advice, how about you germans and french LEARN ENGLISH!!!

Kesphin
03.22.2013 , 12:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by nicosand View Post
Just an advice, how about you germans and french LEARN ENGLISH!!!
Stupid is as stupid does.

nicosand
03.22.2013 , 01:09 PM | #15
I'd say it a legit advice, Im from Norway, and I dont go around expecting every game to be translated into norwegian. We start teaching childer english at the age of 7 here, I dont see problem doing that in Germany and France, but I guess the childer there are to lazy to learn it...

Stupis is as stupid does, what an amazingly orignial quote...

Kesphin
03.22.2013 , 01:45 PM | #16
Support and forum are actually provided in english, french and german. We are paying for this service. When you bought the game in Norway, the game was sold in english with support in english. In France it was sold in french with support in french.

Is that clear enough? I do speak english (well I try), I actually play the game in english (because of bad translation), but people who want to play the game in french or german should have the same services, BECAUSE it was sold in english, french and german. Is it that hard to understand this point of view? It is not the place to debate about french policy.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having at least a community round up about european and Asia/Pacific server events in english... That'd be a good start too.

EDIT : By the way, thank you Courtney for your message, it's good to be heard here at least.

Pepre
03.22.2013 , 04:53 PM | #17
What's up with the picture you guys used? A guardian with a flame thrower? Maybe possibly a new cartel or in-game item??

Kesphin
03.22.2013 , 04:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Pepre View Post
What's up with the picture you guys used? A guardian with a flame thrower? Maybe possibly a new cartel or in-game item??
Nope it's the legacy flame thrower.

Pepre
03.22.2013 , 05:13 PM | #19
Ahh thanks

DarthZak
03.23.2013 , 05:09 AM | #20
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi