Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Cross-Server Group Finder?

BloodyScabb
03.21.2013 , 02:57 PM | #1
So why isn't there a cross-server group finder? I will queue up for a several flashpoints and not find a group for hours, now from what I read BW hasn't implemented a x-server because of behavior? There is an ignore button for a reason and you can always kick people that are annoying the group. Waiting for longer then the actually FP lasts is just wrong. Can anyone explain why this hasn't happened yet?

psandak
03.21.2013 , 03:09 PM | #2
I hope they never implement it. Cross-server group finder in WoW made running instances a cesspool of elitists and bads. Futhermore without cross-server, "friending" and "ignoring" someone from a PuG actually means something because they are on your server so grouping generates player reputation.

Lastly, with so few servers, unless you want PvE, PvP, and RP players mixed together, it does not make sense.

Likomg
03.21.2013 , 03:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodyScabb View Post
So why isn't there a cross-server group finder? I will queue up for a several flashpoints and not find a group for hours,
Cross server GF would not change this. Lack of tanks queued tends to be what slows things down; cross server queues will potentially make your wait even longer, as you will have dps across all servers in the queue waiting on the few tanks from across all servers to do the same. At least with server only queues your queue is likely to be a much shorter one.

BloodyScabb
03.21.2013 , 03:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Cross-server group finder in WoW made running instances a cesspool of elitists and bads.
I thought it worked well in that game most of the people I played with were just random people doing what they were supposed too and I didnt wait nearly as long. Im still kinda new to this game but I think the group finders almost useless if I log off before it finds a group.

Eternalnight
03.21.2013 , 03:52 PM | #5
maybe you're already on the ignore list of all the tanks in your server

psandak
03.21.2013 , 04:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodyScabb View Post
I thought it worked well in that game most of the people I played with were just random people doing what they were supposed too and I didnt wait nearly as long. Im still kinda new to this game but I think the group finders almost useless if I log off before it finds a group.
It did work, so long as you did your job OK. G-d forbid you didn't. With no real consequences (ignore list was meaningless), a LOT of players were complete and total a-holes.

What made the WoW group finder bearable for DPS queue times was the incentives for players to queue as tanks and healers. The goody bag for completing the instance encouraged a lot of players to queue and learn how to tank and heal. It was hard at first, because there were so many N00B tanks and healers, but after a while those tanks and healers either learned or went back to DPS.

THAT is what this game needs - small incentives to underrepresented roles in the group finder queue. These incentives would include things like:

- a random level appropriate stim
- a level appropriate medpac
- random crafting materials
- a small chance to get a vanity pet
- a small chance to get a vehicle

Kind of like a smaller version of the cartel packs.

This game does not need cross-server queues.

Gordoma
03.21.2013 , 08:32 PM | #7
I've read why developers don't want it in the game, but its like owning an elephant and not being able to ride it... I've qued as a tank in Group Finder on The Bastion and still not had a group after 45 min... If you really want a group the best place to go is fleet general chat. They should make it cross server because when max lvl characters get geared they stop do FP's, which means the longer a level cap exists the fewer players will participate in FP's (if you know a bit about stats the distribution plot of time on the x-axis and player count on the y-axis would most like be positively skewed). Not to mention people who don't want to group with people from other servers can still use general chat to find a group.
May the Force be with you

uniz
03.23.2013 , 09:06 AM | #8
no one does lower level fps any more. especially the ones that are made to hard modes. once you ran these a two or three times and or have players need on items for their companions which is a upgrade on the toon you are playing you just stop running them in lfd. please tell me how a cross server will help and not propagate some of this even more?

cross server anything nor incentives wont make some of us put up with the shenanigans that we had to endure in past pugs. i only do guild groups now. my suggestion is to find a guild that helps lower level toons. there are some out there. making some friends will help too.

also be careful about your chatter in general chat and your behavior once you get a group as being placed on ignore will make such queue times even longer. this feature is working as intended as you are being punished which some players do deserve.