Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Duels

Riggz
03.21.2013 , 06:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
A lot of egos are gonna be hurt when this is over.

I'm going to suggest illum, central to be specific since that's the classic dueling ground. Its also better than outlaws den since you minimize outside interference.
The only concern I have is outside parties wrecking havoc

If we aren't in the PvP zone and participants are un flagged it will work
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Riggz
03.21.2013 , 06:14 PM | #22
Also this has been brought to my attention

How do you guys feel about the state of your dueling environment

Do you want clean, open environments.

Or places w/ lots of line of sighting options etc.

I'm pretty neutral on this but initial feedback I'm getting is that people want LOS areas

Also Rinzler hit me up whenever you're online and we can scout out some nice areas on Ilum for the duel. This is a community based event so feel free to post how you want this duel to shape up. This will happen before 2.0 and will determine who is the best duelist of their class pre-expansion, so make sure you shape it to what you want it to be.

also for the butt hurt players in the duel don't you worry, I have /boohoo ready to rock n' roll
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Syberduh
03.21.2013 , 06:14 PM | #23
I just hope Sev'row doesn't see this thread. He definitely ganks me more often than I gank him.
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

PoliteAssasin
03.21.2013 , 06:15 PM | #24
Then PVP gear is useless and its about who had adrenals and BIS PVE gear. That wouldn't work. Illum is the best pvp zone since at least its not free for all. Limited risk compared to outlaws.

I actually hope sevrow does come. I rather enjoy our fights.

Ill be on in about an hour or two Wrex. Ill hop imp side before pub, so ill hit you up on whichever I find you on.

And I hope we don't have sore loser. There's no shame in admitting defeat, and when fought between similarly skilled opponents class duels tend to be close anyways.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Riggz
03.21.2013 , 06:18 PM | #25
Also betting in this duel is going to be strongly encouraged. It won't be official but i do encourage everyone to make bets with friends, it adds to the excitement on the duels.

I place 1,000,000 credits on myself that I'll be out in the first round on all my toons. Any takers? I need the money
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Jaddis
03.21.2013 , 06:19 PM | #26
Give me LOS, or give me death!

Oh, who am I kidding, I don't duel except when playing with spec and I expect nothing more than to die.

I WILL SMITE YOU ALL WITH MY HEALS.

*cough cough* That's out of my system now. I won't be dueling, but I might come to fraps this. Only because the last BSR event was awesome and fun.

Riggz
03.21.2013 , 06:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Then PVP gear is useless and its about who had adrenals and BIS PVE gear. That wouldn't work. Illum is the best pvp zone since at least its not free for all. Limited risk compared to outlaws.

I actually hope sevrow does come. I rather enjoy our fights.

Ill be on in about an hour or two Wrex. Ill hop imp side before pub, so ill hit you up on whichever I find you on.

And I hope we don't have sore loser. There's no shame in admitting defeat, and when fought between similarly skilled opponents class duels tend to be close anyways.
Sounds like a plan Stan

If that is the case then I agree with you that we need to host this in a PvP area and Ilum would be the best case. The only concern I have is when you have a jug flagged and a guardian flagged. They'll appear as Red to one another. Even though there will be a countdown on the duel timer, One can get a headstart by leaping earlier, and I believe that would give them an advantage. We would have to work something out with that, or go with the honesty factor and tell them to leap when the timer is off.
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

J_Fred
03.21.2013 , 06:22 PM | #28
The best place to do it would be under the dome in central, ilum. Just make sure everyone agrees that during the tournament it is neutral ground, regardless of how you feel about each other. You might want to just have a group of people there as security to deal with any trouble.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

Riggz
03.21.2013 , 06:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaddis View Post
Give me LOS, or give me death!

Oh, who am I kidding, I don't duel except when playing with spec and I expect nothing more than to die.

I WILL SMITE YOU ALL WITH MY HEALS.

*cough cough* That's out of my system now. I won't be dueling, but I might come to fraps this. Only because the last BSR event was awesome and fun.
Psshhh I'm the worst duelist on sever and I'm going to duel on all my toons.

Here is my reason...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP3MFBzMH2o

Btw thanks for the shout out jaddis its much appreciated

and fraps of each duel for the champion spot would be AWESOME
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

stringcat
03.21.2013 , 06:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
Sounds like a plan Stan

If that is the case then I agree with you that we need to host this in a PvP area and Ilum would be the best case. The only concern I have is when you have a jug flagged and a guardian flagged. They'll appear as Red to one another. Even though there will be a countdown on the duel timer, One can get a headstart by leaping earlier, and I believe that would give them an advantage. We would have to work something out with that, or go with the honesty factor and tell them to leap when the timer is off.
Just have them start the duel at 40m.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion