Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vandicus
03.21.2013 , 11:16 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by tachenko_yuri View Post
hey where'd you get that fancy info?

I might not be some mega hazmat dread guard or whatever geared boy . But i did take 3 toons up to 50, deleted a 34 and got a 22, so i'm not some seasoned pro, true, but i don't see myself as a newbie either.

i just see bugs still there and more cash updates inbound. Milking time again lads.
1.6 q&a.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Alavastre
03.21.2013 , 11:20 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
I gotta love how SOME players always Say " well players are getting monthly Cartel coins", Sure BUT they say the same for everything like the Cartel packs, Cartel Items and the new Cartel Rep(which is only earned through CM)

ITS JUST FREAKING 500 CC A MONTH!!!!!!

sure you have a big pocket with a lot of money but MANY OTHERS DONT!

I don't know how to tell you this, but some people can afford the house on the beach, and some can't. That's just life. If you went up to some one that owned a Lamborghini and told them how it was unfair they had a nice sports car and you didn't, I'm pretty sure they would laugh and you and then peel out of the parking lot just in spite.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

saremun
03.21.2013 , 11:23 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
I don't know how to tell you this, but some people can afford the house on the beach, and some can't. That's just life. If you went up to some one that owned a Lamborghini and told them how it was unfair they had a nice sports car and you didn't, I'm pretty sure they would laugh and you and then peel out of the parking lot just in spite.
oh BUT this is an MMO not real life, isn't it?

chuixupu
03.21.2013 , 11:23 AM | #74
I do think they should increase the subscriber stipend a bit. On the other hand, we are going to be earning CC's in game for achievements as well in 2.0. I'd love to see some weekly CC grinds that players can do, even if it's just a very small amount. I.E. doing a certain set of dailies per week can earn you 5 CCs. Assuming things like hair color changes would cost maybe 10-15 CCs, it wouldn't really be a big deal.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

saremun
03.21.2013 , 11:25 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I do think they should increase the subscriber stipend a bit. On the other hand, we are going to be earning CC's in game for achievements as well in 2.0. I'd love to see some weekly CC grinds that players can do, even if it's just a very small amount. I.E. doing a certain set of dailies per week can earn you 5 CCs. Assuming things like hair color changes would cost maybe 10-15 CCs, it wouldn't really be a big deal.
as someone said before the CC you get from game are around 800 in total, remember you can only get the CC once not on every character.

Pscyon
03.21.2013 , 11:26 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Did you even address that other games only release new races in expansions that are more expensive, so, in essence, one could consider those users "forced" to buy the new races.

Isn't this better than:
1) People like you and I don't have to pay for that race if we don't want to
2) Can still get the race, at no cost, if we save our free subscriber cartel coins
We don't know that the Cathar will be reasonably priced though. Take the pod racer for instance, that's 1800 cartel coins for something you get on 1 character. That's almost 4 months' worth of saving if you want it and don't want to "pay for it". The Cathar is more than one character potentially, so the price being higher than 1800 isn't a far-fetched notion. And then it might be restricted to one server, or legacy if you will. Personally I prefer having races included in expansions and granting me unlimited use rather than pay a potentially high fee each time I want said race(s).

Now we allready know the Cathar will be cartel market content. And it's unlikely they'll add it as part of the RotHC deal. But we don't know that the race will be added at a reasonable price and implemented in a tasteful (i.e. account-wide) way.
Sith Sorcerer

MediumD
03.21.2013 , 11:27 AM | #77
How often do you all expect to re-customize a toon? If it's $5 or $10 or even $20 worth of coins, I'll do it once, maybe, to fix my main and be done.

chuixupu
03.21.2013 , 11:29 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
as someone said before the CC you get from game are around 800 in total, remember you can only get the CC once not on every character.
Currently yes, but I was saying I would like to see them implement a way to earn them. There is no reason why they couldn't start doing that, in fact, most other F2P games with the same kind of currency do that. I wouldn't expect to see them being earned in large amounts, but even just a few here and there would be nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
How often do you all expect to re-customize a toon? If it's $5 or $10 or even $20 worth of coins, I'll do it once, maybe, to fix my main and be done.
In WoW, I did it once or twice on each character because I typically pick a look and stick with it. It would depend on what they allow us to do, though.
The in-game WoW barbershop is completely pitiful and customization in wow in general is the choice between a few hairstyles, a slightly different face that you can't even recognize without zooming in, and...yeah. Unless you're Foresaken and you can remove your eyes and jaw and sutff. You have to pay in WoW as well if you want a full re-customization.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Arlon_Nabarlly
03.21.2013 , 11:29 AM | #79
When I go to the barber shop they charge me money. Did you expect the game to not to?

I can't see how this was a surprise to anyone, they've hinted at it several times and everything they've done recently hints to anything remotely rated to appearance costs cash money.

Wodaz
03.21.2013 , 11:31 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
I completely disagree with you. GW2, you pay for the barber shop. Other MMOs, you pay for the barber shop, so you want EA to give it to you free, not going to happen.
Exactly!!
Last time I checked WoW charges real life currency for species, sex, faction,...ect. At least I can do it for free in this game by saving my monthly 600 CC's, hopefully when server transfers happen they do it in the CM so I can use my free CC's for that too!!
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"