Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xorcist
03.22.2013 , 06:07 AM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
LOTRO is about the only one that lets you change everything without charging... all the other limit you to hair at best.

Sorry but if you thought you would get to change everything for free then you are either clueless to other MMO or just crying for the sake of crying.
I said read carefully before you type, or go back to sleep.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Lent_San
03.22.2013 , 06:19 AM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by GorZie View Post
The current state of the game is:
Subscribers subsidize F2P, and for the cool stuff you got to pay extra.
This, unfortunately.

saremun
03.22.2013 , 06:24 AM | #673
fuc...k EA, i never paid for any game from EA other than SWTOR and never will DD

translucentwolf
03.22.2013 , 06:26 AM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Except the cartel market isn't 100% "purely" cosmetic, is it? Or with this statement, are you indicating that you will be removing everything that is not purely 100% cosmetic from the cartel market?
Dude. You hate the game. The devs hate you. Move on.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

Lent_San
03.22.2013 , 06:30 AM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaizo View Post
The Cartel Market is starting to get on my "F"ing nerves..... I pay 15 bucks a month and then on top of that alot more for the CM because of all the fluff, but everytime a new system comes out I.E. rep and such we have to pay extra for it. Personally this is BS. IF one more in game system becomes a Cartel Market thing , then Bioware can shove this game up their #@@ and Iam going back to World of Warcraft where they dont nickel and dime there subscribers.... period.
This.

Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
Dude. You hate the game. The devs hate you. Move on.
His post was on-topic, at least.

DarthZak
03.22.2013 , 06:35 AM | #676
Eric and co,

I know you guys just arrived at work but there needs to be an open discussion about this between loyal fans of the game and the developers and more specific, the guy who made this call.
EA/BW has an excellent option here to show that they really care and its up to your management to take it or not

We've suggested several alternatives to choose from that would both increase QoL and still make money, are they good enough to satisfy? If not, why not?
Id like a yellow reply for this
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

CinderBane
03.22.2013 , 06:42 AM | #677
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to pop in and address some of your concerns about our barbershop and its use of Cartel Coins and not credits. There are a couple of design implications that go into these decisions I wanted to highlight in the hopes that it makes our decision in this regard a bit clearer.
  • We very consciously design these systems around the fact that subscribers get monthly Cartel Coin grants. Pricing, etc. has these monthly grants in mind to ensure that our subscribers have access to these systems.
  • We want to set the expectation that cosmetic systems like these are where you are going to see us use the Cartel Market. It is our continued philosophy that we will not implement a form of pay to win so cosmetic systems and other non-game impacting features are our best opportunities to make additions to the Cartel Market.
As we continue to release more information about our barbershop please continue to give us your feedback.

-eric
As someone else pointed out, this is pure spin.

If I want spin like this I'll turn on the news during an election year.

I am also seeing a very nasty trend with the Cartel Market, and that trend is simple: more and more features specifically targetting Subscribers in addition to the F2Players.

The monthly Coin grant is so low and the market pricing for most purchases so high that your explanation falls flat on its face, and is actually a little offensive. We are your subscription-based players and we are not that stupid. I don't like where things are headed if you continue to treat us like we are...

Mara_Zyras
03.22.2013 , 06:42 AM | #678
Personally i dont really care if you can pay with cartel coins, it means people wont be changing appearance 24/7 which will be better for RP servers. On that note I hope with the ability to change appearance and hairstyles etc we can maybe look forward to some new hair style additions and so on.

saremun
03.22.2013 , 06:46 AM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by Mara_Zyras View Post
Personally i dont really care if you can pay with cartel coins, it means people wont be changing appearance 24/7 which will be better for RP servers. On that note I hope with the ability to change appearance and hairstyles etc we can maybe look forward to some new hair style additions and so on.
hehehe, all what the RP people need is a bunch of Emots to live in the wonder world, they don't care about the rest of the game as long they can keep pretending lol.

funny RP people are.

gilephor
03.22.2013 , 06:48 AM | #680
Normally I just keep my mouth shut and lurk but I have to say you all could take a page from LOTRO, the only other MMO I am familiar with in this instance.

Their barber shop allows you to change simple things like beard, hair color and style, eyebrows, and some other things for in game credits, not turbine points.

In speaking to SWTOR it should follow the same flow simple changes to your character should be for in game credits, now if you want to change race or advance class or something that should be cartel coins.

The cartel coin stipend is for us subscribing to the game, not for you to take back nickel and diming players with this barber shop idea.

I would advise seriously rethinking how you plan to implement it, I will never use it, if you make it cartel coin based.