Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CelCawdro
03.22.2013 , 01:27 AM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Because they weren't making enough from subs to keep those people employed. Perhaps you weren't here during the massive round of layoffs before the game went F2P.
Been here since Oct. 2008. The Cartel Market needs to supplement the core game. If they're not putting this money back into the core game, the Cartel Market ultimately becomes pointless as it is an exercise in itself.

CelCawdro
03.22.2013 , 01:30 AM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Because the people are just artists hired to make fluff in the store? If if were actual coders that are responsible for making missions and actual game-play elements, you would have an argument.
If or when we see those elements going into the shop, I'll be out the door in a flash, but until that happens, I will not join the choir of whingers making slippery slope arguments that infest these forums daily.
I said resources, not people. It would be asinine to suggest that artists code.

chuixupu
03.22.2013 , 01:34 AM | #643
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Because the people are just artists hired to make fluff in the store? If if were actual coders that are responsible for making missions and actual game-play elements, you would have an argument.
If or when we see those elements going into the shop, I'll be out the door in a flash, but until that happens, I will not join the choir of whingers making slippery slope arguments that infest these forums daily.
Still, that is one whole team of paid employees dedicated entirely to creating Cartel Market content....so these guys are bringing in money for the game, which is good....on the other hand, money is going back into paying this team to make this content. My optimistic side believes we'll see increased income benefit everyone in the long run. My pessimistic side believes the more money the cartel market makes, the more the budget gets allocated to the Cartel Market, and less to the core game features. Only time will tell.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

DaRoamer
03.22.2013 , 01:35 AM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Been here since Oct. 2008. The Cartel Market needs to supplement the core game. If they're not putting this money back into the core game, the Cartel Market ultimately becomes pointless as it is an exercise in itself.
I agree there. I'm also anxious to see what they have planned post expansion. Lead times on their content are likely quite long, it's only been 4 months since FTP launch and I'm sure budgets weren't allocated right away. As with all MMOs I'll keep playing until I'm not having fun anymore.

I really liked AoC and played it for a couple of years but eventually content was taking months to come out and I just grew tired of waiting. I'm not seeing any signs of that with SWTOR yet.

Elizeth
03.22.2013 , 01:48 AM | #645
Adaptive armour has had a big impact on my gameplay. I would say it has had a big impact on anyone who has ever used the Galactic Market, whether they know it or not.
'Disappointing' is not a valid criticism.

Edgeup
03.22.2013 , 02:24 AM | #646
I see tons of complaining here about pay to win and how BW putting the barber shop in the cartel market if wrong I honestly see no problem in it. I feel like there is a huge since of entitlement now. it also seems like everyone is always wanting mmos to be unique but then always reference their past played mmos saying well they did this so swtor should too *** do you people want?

Pantaro
03.22.2013 , 02:50 AM | #647
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
They already said Cathar was only going to be on the CM and a barber shop is NOT basic content. It should be on the market. Don't like what your characters look like, pay or roll a new one. I have rolled several new characters until I was happy with what I got.
A barbershop is definintly BASIC CONTENT,otherwise known as a QUALITY OF LIFE FEATURE!

As subs we should get the entire experiance with our sub and FTP players should have to use cartel coins to pick and choose what they would like which is the whole point of FTP.

This is just more rediculious nonsense that would only happen in FTP games.Bottom line is if 75% of new additions to the game are gonna be CC purchases than they need to give subs more coins per month,as it sits now i have 2000 coins i refuse to even spend because it takes me months to even save up to purchase the couple things i actually like on the market.

Don't even get me started how wrong it is that everyone even subs is gonna have to purchase the "cathar" and this is coming from someone who has no interest in them.

this has nickle and dime EVERYONE all over it!

Pantaro
03.22.2013 , 02:57 AM | #648
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Bioware's idea of what a sub is entitled to is simply "whatever you had right up to the day before SWTOR went F2P"

This game will continue to get worse and worse as it progressively nickle and dimes subs more and more.
totally agree and it will continue until the players us come together and agree that this isnt ok,I'm all for the cartel market making them money to support the game we all enjoy but certain things should be off limits.

I swear they refuse to even acknowledge other successful Sub and FTP mmo's when deciding what should be in a cash shop and what should not.

It's almost at the point that as subs we need to ask why are we even subbing anymore if this is how it is and how it will continue to be

Arlbo_Nabbins
03.22.2013 , 03:03 AM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Um, that is an incomplete truth.

Every game that has an in-game customization shop charges in-game currency for making changes.
THEY ONLY CHARGE RMT STORE MONEY FOR NEW OPTIONS FOR YOU TO CHOOSE FROM.

Except AION for example. So its not every game.

Aryh
03.22.2013 , 03:16 AM | #650
I can spent as much time on character creation as I want, sooner or later I will eventually grow tired of my character's looks (usually hair style and sometimes hair colour).
Sure I can reroll, but rerolling all the time is not the answer. Eventually, I will stop playing if I keep rerolling every single character.
I don't want this feature available only through cartel market, these costs would ultimately add up.
I understand that race changes, server transfers and name changes will be features to pay for. However, paying my monthly sub, I'd expect hair style changes and new races to be free for subscribers.
Even if the pricing considers the monthly grant, how many of my characters will I be able to change with it per month? Leaving me with how many coins for anything else?
I am not too greedy, I am willing to buy additional coins on top of my subscription. But only if I feel it's worth it. More and more I get the feeling it isn't. Because I don't feel my subscription is appreciated in any way and the cash shop is only growing worse.

I grow tired of all the new announcements that only seem to show how much you care about the cartel market and not about subscribers. I love the game but I despise the path you seem to take.