Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jacen_Starsolo
03.21.2013 , 11:19 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
If Im not allowed to call out Rift you cant call out WoW

So try again, a major MMO thats F2P (or claiming to be) with subscription that charges for changing something simple as your hair
Case of him changing the rules to help him again. He's done it more than once in the last couple of pages.

DaRoamer
03.21.2013 , 11:21 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
I knew it. But GW2 has something we do not have. Yes they charge Gems but you can trade in-game currency for Gems. Can we trade credits for Coins here? If we could then that would make it different having an in-game way of doing it. But Eric said THERE IS NO IN-GAME WAY FOR IT.

Oh and I have gotten although rare Gems as random drops. Does this game give Cartel Coins as random drops?
No, this games gives you free cartel coins monthly with your sub. Also, you can buy cartel items on the GTN, so it's essentially the same as selling gold for gems. The exchange rate for gold to gems is not good. My girlfriend plays GW2 and I can tell you she is always buying gems.

Here's another game. Aion.

DaRoamer
03.21.2013 , 11:22 PM | #523
Case of him changing the rules to help him again. He's done it more than once in the last couple of pages.
I think you're confusing me with someone else.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.21.2013 , 11:26 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Rift is not free to play.
F2P was not a requirement until you put this post. First rule change.

Then you changed it again on Darth.

So not confused.

DaRoamer
03.21.2013 , 11:28 PM | #525
F2P was not a requirement until you put this post. First rule change.

Then you changed it again on Darth.

So not confused.
I misunderstood you asking about game, I thought you were talking about free to play games. I didn't change anything on Darth as I thought you were talking about free to play games. He said Rift was free like WoW and I said it wasn't free, thereby repeating what I had originally said, that it wasn't a free to play game. I'm not changing rules, it was a misunderstanding.

There are free games that charge, there are sub games that charge. No two MMOs are exactly the same.

DarthZak
03.21.2013 , 11:29 PM | #526
No, this games gives you free cartel coins monthly with your sub. Also, you can buy cartel items on the GTN, so it's essentially the same as selling gold for gems. The exchange rate for gold to gems is not good. My girlfriend plays GW2 and I can tell you she is always buying gems.

Ok so what are they giving me for my initial purchase?
The coins are because I pay them $15 a month and Im a loyal customer, not to be spend on core items of any basic MMO
And its not the same since someone still had to buy those things off the CM whereas in GW2 you dont so all gems in-game could be purchasable with in-game effort

Also Aion is full F2P if Im understanding it correctly
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Jacen_Starsolo
03.21.2013 , 11:29 PM | #527

That free coins thing is BS in this case and already been destroyed earlier in the thread. That was so 3 or 4 hours ago.

And this game's CM on GTN is NOT even close to equal GW2's Gem/Gold exchange. Apples and oranges. Or more like garbage vs steak how far apart they are.

DaRoamer
03.21.2013 , 11:31 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Ok so what are they giving me for my initial purchase?
The coins are because I pay them $15 a month and Im a loyal customer, not to be spend on core items of any basic MMO
And its not the same since someone still had to buy those things off the CM whereas in GW2 you dont so all gems in-game could be purchasable with in-game effort

Also Aion is full F2P if Im understanding it correctly
So now you're moving the goal posts. Is this about which games charge and which don't or is it a discussion of what you get for your sub fee?

That free coins thing is BS in this case and already been destroyed earlier in the thread. That was so 3 or 4 hours ago.
Destroyed. Get a grip dude, you're not fighting some mighty battle.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.21.2013 , 11:33 PM | #529
So now you're moving the goal posts. Is this about which games charge and which don't or is it a discussion of what you get for your sub fee?

You're the one that brought up the "you get coins with sub" so what do you expect as a reply?

Oh but btw, DCUO, STO and CO (and CoX before it died) give you coins for your sub too. AND has barber shops that use in-game currency only (except for paying for unlocks are real world money).

DaRoamer
03.21.2013 , 11:36 PM | #530
You're the one that brought up the "you get coins with sub" so what do you expect as a reply?

Oh but btw, DCUO, STO and CO give you coins for your sub too. AND has barber shops that use in-game currency only (except for paying for unlocks are real world money).
So you're claiming you don't get coins with your sub?