Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 12:42 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
This is exactly why the subs dropped, and the way they are implementing the CC market they will drop more, but the good thing is that all the ppl who buy a lot on the CC will remain and that's what the game will turn into.
A cash cow without a soul. I guess that's what we need to get used to.

Vandicus
03.21.2013 , 12:42 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Gear, speeders, mounts, vanity items.... all those were free to subs before the game went F2P.

In-game currency only or quest rewards, like it should be.
Those gear, speeders, mounts(not sure why you list mounts/speeders twice), and vanity items(which includes everything previously listed), did not exist except by the creation of the CM and hiring of the CM team and did not exist before f2p, so subs have lost access to nothing. Objectively, there are now more things in the game than before, which I get CC in addition to my sub to use(which i did not receive before f2p), and I can also buy from this assortment of cosmetic items off the GTN. I now have access to far more than before, and at no additional cost. I do not spend more per month than I did before, and I now have access to more without additional expenditure. The rest to me, is a gratuity.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Philastra
03.21.2013 , 12:44 PM | #153
Off topic, but 2013 has many good MMO's on the horizon slated for the end of the year. ( Which a few are these are really sticking to the idea that they are making a game for players and subs will have a reason to do just that )

I'd bet on the fact that when these start to launch BW will actually do something for the subs, beyond whats here presently.

In fact end of 2013 begging of 2014 is looking like a great time for MMO players.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Infernixx
03.21.2013 , 12:46 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
A cash cow without a soul. I guess that's what we need to get used to.
If you're looking for something with a soul, might I suggest some nice R&B music? A church group, perhaps?

Even a good guild can have that 'soul', if you get lucky.

But, business is 'business', and while it's run by people, it's run with an eye toward profit and not fixated on making customers happy. These are not exclusive goals, however, but customers are inherently selfish and won't mind taking whatever they can, for free.

So, maybe looking to an MMO for a 'soul' might not be the best approach to take.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

dorpen
03.21.2013 , 12:47 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
An often used doomsday warning in the forum since the cartel market launched 5 Earth Moons ago.
If you want to miss-characterize what I said then go ahead, it only speaks about your comprehension.

Wodaz
03.21.2013 , 12:48 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Those gear, speeders, mounts(not sure why you list mounts/speeders twice), and vanity items(which includes everything previously listed), did not exist except by the creation of the CM and hiring of the CM team and did not exist before f2p, so subs have lost access to nothing. Objectively, there are now more things in the game than before, which I get CC in addition to my sub to use(which i did not receive before f2p), and I can also buy from this assortment of cosmetic items off the GTN. I now have access to far more than before, and at no additional cost. I do not spend more per month than I did before, and I now have access to more without additional expenditure. The rest to me, is a gratuity.
Exactly!!!
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

Andryah
03.21.2013 , 12:48 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
In fact end of 2013 begging of 2014 is looking like a great time for MMO players.
You mean like how 2012 was? You know.. when forum posters were declaring one SWTOR killing MMO every three months.... at least until they ran out of new MMOs. Tera...TSW....GW2... Pandas! ... oh my!!!

TL;DR: this is not an odds on favorite bet-2-outcome, if recent history is any indication at all.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
03.21.2013 , 12:51 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by dorpen View Post
it only speaks about your comprehension.
We agree... though not on your characterization of my comprehension.

Tell you what... IF your doomsday message every comes true (actually true, not some random feeling circulatiing within you).. please come back and give me a hearty "I told you so"

Until then... reality is on my side of "comprehension".
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 12:58 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Those gear, speeders, mounts(not sure why you list mounts/speeders twice), and vanity items(which includes everything previously listed), did not exist except by the creation of the CM and hiring of the CM team and did not exist before f2p, so subs have lost access to nothing.
We've lost nothing since going F2P...... right.
Tell that the crafters who can't sell their stuff on the GTN anymore, the people who expected a Life Day event, people that expected you'd still be able to get perks in-game, not off the market.

We've lost nothing...... he.

That's a good one.

dorpen
03.21.2013 , 01:04 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
We agree... though not on your characterization of my comprehension.

Tell you what... IF your doomsday message every comes true (actually true, not some random feeling circulatiing within you).. please come back and give me a hearty "I told you so"

Until then... reality is on my side of "comprehension".
It's not a doomsday message, and in regards to "coming back and saying I told you so" is a action of vanity that I'm not worried about committing. If you feel so inclined to believe that you are right and don't want to hear my opinion on this supposed "doomsday comment" then I digress, and won't waste any more of either of ours time.