Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RixoFutu
03.27.2013 , 10:22 AM | #1041
I would like to see much more options on character customisation process. Everytone seems a bit similar in these days.
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

PlasmaJohn
03.27.2013 , 10:32 AM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by Emencie View Post
Why does it need to be any more complex than it already is?
Character Re-Customization
Available via cartel coin for subscribers and F2P.
- race change
- all character customization options
Some people want to change minor character creation errors without having to spend $6+. Others wish to change hairstyles and/or facial cosmetics periodically (even daily). These basic changes should be in-game credits only. Even 10CC is too much for these minor alterations. Similar to how you unlock certain emotes, spending CC's for new styles is acceptable.

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

Tatanka
03.27.2013 , 10:36 AM | #1043
Quote: Originally Posted by Emencie View Post
Why does it need to be any more complex than it already is?
Character Re-Customization
Available via cartel coin for subscribers and F2P.
- race change
- all character customization options
Because breaking it up would provide further value to subscribers (shocking concept) and add a much needed credit sink into the game. This game doesn't have nearly enough credit sinks.

Andryah
03.27.2013 , 10:39 AM | #1044
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
Some people want to change minor character creation errors without having to spend $6+.
A) we know no details yet... so you pulled $6 out of some dark place didn't you?

B) choices have consequences.

C) they are adding a much requested feature to the game.... for people to deal with the consequences of their own mistakes

Others wish to change hairstyles and/or facial cosmetics periodically (even daily).
AND... just like in real life.... you don't get your hair styled for free... it costs you...in this case some of your free coins you get each month... so really it does not even cost you anything in this case.

These basic changes should be in-game credits only. Even 10CC is too much for these minor alterations. Similar to how you unlock certain emotes, spending CC's for new styles is acceptable.
Your personal opinion (which you are entitled to).... presented as fact (which it is not in this case).
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

DarthTHC
03.27.2013 , 10:40 AM | #1045
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
Because breaking it up would provide further value to subscribers (shocking concept) and add a much needed credit sink into the game. This game doesn't have nearly enough credit sinks.
Right because runaway inflation is rampant on all servers.

I mean, the cost of Mandalorian Iron has gone from 12,000 each all the way up to about 9,500 each on my server.

Likewise the cost of Advanced Neural Augmentors has gone from about 12,000 each all the way up to about 8,750.

Similarly, level 27 item modifications have gone from about a million all the way up to about 600,000.

Exotech stims have increased in price from around 30,000 to about 15,000 each.

Yeah, the game needs more credit sinks to control all this rampant inflation.

Andryah
03.27.2013 , 10:45 AM | #1046
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Right because runaway inflation is rampant on all servers.

I mean, the cost of Mandalorian Iron has gone from 12,000 each all the way up to about 9,500 each on my server.

Likewise the cost of Advanced Neural Augmentors has gone from about 12,000 each all the way up to about 8,750.

Similarly, level 27 item modifications have gone from about a million all the way up to about 600,000.

Exotech stims have increased in price from around 30,000 to about 15,000 each.

Yeah, the game needs more credit sinks to control all this rampant inflation.
You do realize that you just made the case for more credit sinks?! Inflation of the credit supply is there no matter how much players are willing to pay for any particular craft item or component. You are confusing credit supply inflation with supply/demand in the GTN.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Emencie
03.27.2013 , 10:46 AM | #1047
Some people want to change minor character creation errors without having to spend $6+. Others wish to change hairstyles and/or facial cosmetics periodically (even daily). These basic changes should be in-game credits only. Even 10CC is too much for these minor alterations. Similar to how you unlock certain emotes, spending CC's for new styles is acceptable.
Personally I don't feel that's a good enough reason.

"some people" want a lot of things implemented in this game. That doesn't mean Bioware should do them all.

This was one of the most requested things at launch and they likely worked their butts off to get this to us. "some people" have decided that these things shouldn't have to be paid for because they don't want to pay for them. But using that logic, "some people" don't think that subs should pay for anything in the CM at all. Heck in this thread you are saying that simple things like hair and makeup should be OK, Other people think Scars and height are OK too and still other people have said everything but race change should be OK.

Stop calling it what it isn't. This is a re-customization tool for your character. Not a change my hair every day tool.

Emencie
03.27.2013 , 10:53 AM | #1048
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodpuddle View Post
Maybe I'm having a recovery from a bad memory wipe, but it seems to me that other MMO's that have some sort of barber/etc, you pay with the global monetary. e.g World of Warcraft, you spend silver/gold at the barbershop.

This almost makes me want to sub again, just to quit again (I unsubbed this morning).
Seriously?
No...
In WoW you have to spend $15 for this service.

And realize that you are quitting over them adding content that has been requested since launch, because it isn't perfectly suited to you.

So... Not having the option to re-customize your character is ok, but having the option but it being in the CM (which you can still buy off the GTN for credits) is not OK.

DarthTHC
03.27.2013 , 11:21 AM | #1049
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You do realize that you just made the case for more credit sinks?! Inflation of the credit supply is there no matter how much players are willing to pay for any particular craft item or component. You are confusing credit supply inflation with supply/demand in the GTN.
Credit sinks are used to control inflation.

There is no inflation. There is, in fact, deflation. Go ahead and compare the prices for any 2 items over 6-8 weeks and you'll see it.

Additional credit sinks are unnecessary in a deflationary economy.

Arutar
03.27.2013 , 11:42 AM | #1050
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Any word on this Eric? I for one dont intend to let it die
Any word on what?

That bioware / EA are aware that there are many people who will loudly complain about anything they personally do not approve of in a MMO?

I am sure there are.

I mean a couple of days before "barbershopgate", as you might call it, the outrage was all about the Cartel Market reputation. (Yeah, do you even remember?)

And the next rage flavor of the month will surely come as well, no matter if YOU want to let it die or not - though I think at least letting it REST until we get detailed information on the actual prices / options of the barbershop would be a smart thing, no?