Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uwel
03.26.2013 , 11:28 AM | #1021
Dear Players,

we have a fantastic news!

We introduce to you the "Achievement System"!

Isn't you excited, because we are. It fantastic (for us *mwahaha*)

However most of the achievement available only by CM items, but don't worry, you still get your 500CC.
If you are a completionist, well... Hey, did I mentioned you get 500CC, and how excited we are?!

Wow guys, it's fantastic!!! Isn't it?!

And of course subbers get new content as well, just look at this list:

- Cheap ***** lightsaber Hilt

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more exciting news.

Ah, yes, yes it is!!
"Imperial intelligence operatives are clearly just as deadly as their Sith superiors."

DarthZak
03.26.2013 , 07:35 PM | #1022
Any word on this Eric? I for one dont intend to let it die
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

idnewton
03.26.2013 , 07:50 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Uwel View Post
Dear Players,

However most of the achievement available only by CM items, but don't worry, you still get your 500CC.
If you are a completionist, well... Hey, did I mentioned you get 500CC, and how excited we are?!

Ah, yes, yes it is!!
I would highly recommend not posting in yellow....
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

jggoodyard
03.26.2013 , 08:14 PM | #1024
This is terrible.. more cartel ****

idnewton
03.26.2013 , 08:52 PM | #1025
If you're a subscriber, you get free cartel coins. Thus, is a question of priorities.
If you're a F2Per, you are playing a free game and have not a single right to complain. Deal. With. It.

The bottom line is that character recustomization is not a frequent, on-the-fly kind of thing. It's not something you change based on your mood, it's a permanent adjustment. They don't want players changing their characters every ten minutes.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Bloodpuddle
03.26.2013 , 09:07 PM | #1026
Maybe I'm having a recovery from a bad memory wipe, but it seems to me that other MMO's that have some sort of barber/etc, you pay with the global monetary. e.g World of Warcraft, you spend silver/gold at the barbershop.

This almost makes me want to sub again, just to quit again (I unsubbed this morning).

kevlarto
03.26.2013 , 09:16 PM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by Uwel View Post
Dear Players,

Ah, yes, yes it is!!
Thanks for posting this, I am thrilled, and the value of my sub just went up, in fact I am going to pay for a years sub, so at the end of the year I can have 6000 cartel coins, man what a deal, and all the great items in the cartel shop really makes me want to go out an play the game, taking my cool new speeder out and doing that daily content over and over and over again, it might be boring but with all the armor and a cool ride I can look cool while doinig it, and you know it's all about looking good, even if that new helm clips and my chest piece clips I payed real for money them even with the clipping they look damn cool I can't wait to spend real money in the barbershop to get that new hair style change the color of my eyes, maybe get a scar on the face to brag about my fight with the pirates, I have given away all my in game currency, the cartel store is all you need ..LOL

Diclaimer:
and for those that have no since humor yes I am kidding, kinda...
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

DarthZak
03.26.2013 , 09:21 PM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
If you're a subscriber, you get free cartel coins. Thus, is a question of priorities.
If you're a F2Per, you are playing a free game and have not a single right to complain. Deal. With. It.

The bottom line is that character recustomization is not a frequent, on-the-fly kind of thing. It's not something you change based on your mood, it's a permanent adjustment. They don't want players changing their characters every ten minutes.
Let me ask you this, why would they not put it as an unlock with in-game creds?
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

DaRoamer
03.26.2013 , 11:10 PM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Let me ask you this, why would they not put it as an unlock with in-game creds?
Because they gave players the ability to sell these things on the GTN so that people like you can buy them with credits. Everyone is happy, except for people who think buying things with credits should be bought from BW created NPCs and not other players.

Vitas
03.26.2013 , 11:15 PM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Because they gave players the ability to sell these things on the GTN so that people like you can buy them with credits. Everyone is happy, except for people who think buying things with credits should be bought from BW created NPCs and not other players.
Well that's how it should be since that's the way it's been with most MMOs ie. WOW and TSW. Why can't they just create in-game vendors who offer these services but restrict them from being used by F2Ps but only through CM?

They'd still make money but without alienating the player base.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game: