Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 10:04 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Sure. Here you go...pick your link.
yeah it says 6 weeks, but as someone below also said they are second hand reviews.

Now lets took a look form a complete transcript form a SWTOR livestream with the devs :

"Q: How is the 6-8 week time frame for new content going? Hickman: It's difficult, but it's going well. We'll probably have a 9 week period between the next update and the one after that just so our team can enjoy the holidays a bit. They were all in the office last year during the holidays for the launch, so we want to give them some time off this year. But after that, we should be going back to the 6-8 week turnaround time."

So second hand reports or direct from the devs mouths... hrmmm i choose option 2
Jedi Covenant
Veronna | level 50 | Jedi Sentinal - Watchman
Tisa | level 50 | Gunslinger - Sharpshooter

saremun
03.21.2013 , 10:04 AM | #82
And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer.

so the in-game barber shop will require CC? or is that some kind of external options which you can use through the CM?

Eillack
03.21.2013 , 10:04 AM | #83
Quote:
And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins.
Yup, you are EAware, no doubt about it. That should be an ingame feature for ingame creds, not cartel.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Firolas
03.21.2013 , 10:05 AM | #84
Love the game. Been a founder member.

My main issuse I have with this MMO is that is way to easy and available for everyone to get end gear(63) top tier gear,
They can suck badly but do dailies grind credits and buy gear from GTN. Where others bust theyre butts doing Denova HM TFB HM and looting it. There should be a gap between the grinders of dailies and the top players who do the operations. You had that long ago with rakata gear only being looted and bound but blackhole (61) and dreadguard(63) is cooked by all and bought by anyone, hell I seen people with 63 mods who never been in a operation...that drives you crazy. The hardcore players who burn the hours doing the ops should be rewarded so not be standing on fleet with noobs who have the same level of gear.

LtGeneralGezlin
03.21.2013 , 10:05 AM | #85
So we both have sources that say we are right? We're never going to win this, you know that? And while we're at it, what ever happened to Matthew Bromberg? He was around last summer and then poof.. nothing.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Thaladan
03.21.2013 , 10:06 AM | #86
all is said.

after implement a game mechanic not allowed to subscribers (cartel reputation), another promise that go away.

fix engineering like it was before 3.0 !

ChosenWriter
03.21.2013 , 10:07 AM | #87
Wow...
He mentioned using cartel coins- doesn't mean it'll ONLY be cartel coins. I'm willing to bet you'll have the option of using cartel coins or you can use credits after a certain legacy level, ala Legacy unlocks. However, lets assume it is something that you can only buy on the market, like a consumable. Then it'll be something that people can still buy then put up on GTN for people who don't want to use cartel coins, just like just about every other thing on the market. Can we please take a chill pill and not blow up simple statements in a general update he probably wrote in 5 minutes into something monumental until we get more concrete details? The man shouldn't need three editors and a lawyer present every time he writes a quick statement to the fans.

Aaaaaaand let the flaming commence!

Twaggy
03.21.2013 , 10:07 AM | #88
Haha, cartel coins for hair change. It's actually a clever idea, besides he said through the cartel market. How do you know that doesn't mean once you have bought it once you can change as many times as you like? There were no specifics so you can't whine about it already.
Mask of Nihilus Server Facebook Group - A place to find new friends, join guilds, find groups, learn of server events and most of all to have fun with YOUR community!

phoenixmale
03.21.2013 , 10:08 AM | #89
id like to see in the barber shop or on cartel market the ability to change the appearance of our created or new creations of twileks as they are currently 1 tone but Ashara zavros and many other nps are 2 tone and thats a big thing id like to see.

also more traditional jedi and sith costumes liek what anakin wore and obi-wan then theres the darth maul outfit these were all similar and very basic traditional jedi and sith outfits but its sometihng id like the option of purchasing myself.

aeterno
03.21.2013 , 10:08 AM | #90
My main worry is that after Makeb Qol will be the focus. Qol inprovements should be an ongoing effort. The focus after the first digital expansion should be on the second expansion. Or are we going into WAR-esque maintenance mode?

Good to hear about 2mil new accounts created since f2p. Rest if the blog tho... not exactly inspiring stuff.