Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 09:46 AM | #51
Quote:
Matthew: Well were committed to: about every six weeks, doing a major update for the game which would be a new Warzone, a new Operation, a new Flashpoint, a new event and to doing that on a really frequent cadence, every six weeks. So were going to stick to that.
(Link)

SIX......not eight.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Riotousblitz
03.21.2013 , 09:46 AM | #52
This all seems great and everything but one thing that i have noticed as well as a lot of my friends, is that we can not play half the time thanks to server overload and LAG almost 6 hours a day i can not log into my main server thanks to so much overload, and if i manage to get into my server its so laggy that i can not even go into combat period, if i do i can not react at all i LOVE the game but this killer, absolutely love all the new content and i really do like the game i just wish that i could enjoy it more and play withoutt the frustration of lag.

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 09:46 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
"And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer."

I don't see anywhere that says it's in the Cartel Market. It's just going to cost Cartel Coins, which most of us get already for being a Sub. Could we all at least WAIT until they announce more before we start getting mad for no reason?
o.k three things.

1: If they do it from a vendor but still use cartel coins not really a big difference
2: It will still cost people real money, yes people get a free CC stipend etc etc
3: what current game mechanic see's you using Cartel coins in anything other than the Cartel Market, after all that is what they are for.

I will be the first to admit as long as they dont go crazy overboard with how much certain changes cost you in CC's it might make things a little easier, but at the end of the day it is my belief and my opinion that it should be a core game system that shouldn't exceed the cost of your subscription to use, if the changes are price right to fall within the free stipend of CC's all the better.

ad who's getting mad ? just trying to have a discussion
Jedi Covenant
Veronna | level 50 | Jedi Sentinal - Watchman
Tisa | level 50 | Gunslinger - Sharpshooter

LarryRow
03.21.2013 , 09:46 AM | #54
I agree with many of the concerns stated, but I wanted to add a tiny piece of positive feedback:

I simply cannot wait to change my character species to Sith so I can start slapping around all of my companions.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

LtGeneralGezlin
03.21.2013 , 09:48 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
No, it wasn't. It was 6. They said they were going to commit to 6 weeks. If they need 8, I'm fine with that, but I want them aiming for 6. If they aim for 8, does that mean 10 becomes their "wiggle room"?
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/29/swtor-pa...qa-transcript/
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...m-q-a-coverage

Tell me where it says "6 Weeks" and not 6-8 weeks.
(I can not believe I had to look for these...)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

aeterno
03.21.2013 , 09:48 AM | #56
What's the state of James Ohlen?!

Mowermanx
03.21.2013 , 09:48 AM | #57
LOL @ people whinging about cartel barber... I mean, how many times a day are you going to change your hair?. Seriously.

Bomyne
03.21.2013 , 09:48 AM | #58
Any news as to the specific release date for the expansion?

Urael
03.21.2013 , 09:48 AM | #59
Quote:
Jeff Hickman: In fact, our major focus after Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches is going to be on "quality of life" improvements. We will keep at it, I promise. Well keep listening to your feedback and continue to dedicate ourselves to making the game the best it can be. Nothing is more important to us than getting it right.
Well Mr. Hickman, the last time you all introduced "quality of life" improvements you effectively "decreased" my "quality of life" with your "graphics improvements" in 1.4. I would rather you all NOT work on quality of life improvements.

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 09:49 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
One QoL change I'm hoping they'll consider is a restructuring of ship boarding/take-off/landing. This wouldn't really affect gameplay but would reduce unnecessary loading screens AND make the player feel more in control of his shipboard experience.

Here's the suggestion:

1) SHIP STAYS IN HANGER UPON BOARDING
Ship interiors are already instanced. It becomes problematic to board your ship, deal with the take-off animation, then deal with "space" loading -- especially when some missions require you to use your holo-terminal and then immediately disembark back to the planet you just left, including dealing with landing animation and the arduous re-loading of the planet.

The hanger interior already exists, so this wouldn't require new art assets. It would make it MUCH simpler to deal with any on-board mission requirements (that don't require travel to another system) plus conversations with companions.

From an RP standpoint, the ship shouldn't automatically take-off on auto-pilot just because I walk in the door.

2) PLAYER MUST MANUALLY LAUNCH THE SHIP FROM THE COCKPIT
This way the ship will stay in dock/hanger until the player wants to leave.

The transition can be handled one of two ways - either the player activates take-off from the cockpit, the animation plays and orbital space loads (the way it does now) OR the player sets course from the cockpit, the take-off animation plays, orbital space loads up then immediately plays the hyperspace animation that transitions to the orbit around the destination planet.

Holo-terminal calls could either take place now or wait until the player has landed the ship in dock or planetary hanger.

3) PLAYER MANUALLY LANDS THE SHIP FROM THE COCKPIT
The landing animation would play as normal, followed by the usual planet loading. The difference is that the ship doesn't auto-land while the player stands idly at the door.

After loading, the player would still be in their cockpit with the hanger/dock viewable through the window. The player could then perform whatever shipboard functions he chooses before going to the door and disembarking.

Not only would this QoL change make more sense from an RP standpoint (which is part of the gameplay) but also avoid the inconvenience of unnecessary load times - especially in circumstances where the player has forgotten to use the holoterminal before leaving the ship and then has to deal with double load times when going back inside because of the auto take-off.
Bioware please employ this person, Great Ideas
Jedi Covenant
Veronna | level 50 | Jedi Sentinal - Watchman
Tisa | level 50 | Gunslinger - Sharpshooter